Private Message from the Dis Unplugged Team.. Went to my work e-mail.. HOW!!!???

DznyLvr2005

DIS Veteran
I go on the disboards at work. I sign in under my name and password and never click the box "remember me on this computer" or something like that. The e-mail I have on file with DisBoards is my home e-mail.
For some reason, this morning when I cam to work, I had in my WORK e-mail (totally different e-mail address than what's on file with them) "you have a private message from the dis unplugged team"
WHY!!!?? How did they get my work e-mail? Is it spam? Is there no security and now I'm going to get in trouble at work? I don't get what happened here. Someone HELP!!

I don't see how its possible. I manage e-mail systems, and the only way they could send to your work e-mail address is if the KNEW your work e-mail address - and to do that, you would have had to enter it.

Did you check your home e-mail for work? Some e-mail programs will take e-mail from different sources and combine them into one inbox...which I hate because I like to keep my accounts separate.

The forum software wouldn't be somehow sucking your work e-mail address out of your system - not that its totally impossible given all the bugs in browsers and OSes and such, but it wouldn't serve any purpose.

I go on the disboards at work. I sign in under my name and password and never click the box "remember me on this computer" or something like that. The e-mail I have on file with DisBoards is my home e-mail.
For some reason, this morning when I cam to work, I had in my WORK e-mail (totally different e-mail address than what's on file with them) "you have a private message from the dis unplugged team"
WHY!!!?? How did they get my work e-mail? Is it spam? Is there no security and now I'm going to get in trouble at work? I don't get what happened here. Someone HELP!!

I would do two things......first check the email address you have on file......from when you signed up on the DISBoards.........second do you recall ever submitting a question to the Dis Unplugged......I have sent in questions and used my work Email as the email address........that may be the way they sent that message to you......I am almost pretty sure if you write to either Julie or Corey....they can help you getting your work email out of their system so that does not happen again......hope this helps......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter