• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private Party at CityWalk

Tootles75

Earning My Ears
My husband's conference in November (which we're preceding with a few days at Disney) concludes with a private party at Universal's CityWalk. The info about it specifically mentions Margaritaville, Antojto's, Pat O'Brien's, Rising Star, Cowfish, Red Coconut Club, and Bob Marley Experience (so I think other areas are still open to public). It's 4 hours but the cost for me (as a guest) would be $225. There will be complimentary food and beverage carts, but....that seems like a lot of money to hang out somewhere that's usually FREE. Does this seem worth it to anyone? (I keep thinking I could add a dessert party for both of us or go to Mickey's Xmas party on a second night for this money. Lol.)

Think of it this way: If you and your husband went to CityWalk for dinner and a bar crawl, would you spend $225? That's really what this is, even if he's free. Look at it as a fun night out for the two of you... $225 doesn't seem that expensive when you look at it that way... except, of course, food and beverage "carts" aren't the same as a sit-down dinner and bar/lounge crawling. Unless there was an old friend we hadn't seen in decades at the private party, we probably would skip it in favor of doing our own thing for dinner and drinks.

Think of it this way: If you and your husband went to CityWalk for dinner and a bar crawl, would you spend $225? That's really what this is, even if he's free. Look at it as a fun night out for the two of you... $225 doesn't seem that expensive when you look at it that way... except, of course, food and beverage "carts" aren't the same as a sit-down dinner and bar/lounge crawling. Unless there was an old friend we hadn't seen in decades at the private party, we probably would skip it in favor of doing our own thing for dinner and drinks.

I don't really drink much and neither does he, so we wouldn't spend that much generally for just a night out at a restaurant or whatever. Part of the disappointment might just be that in years past they've had a big country music act to do a concert, and this time it seems like they're just relying on the entertainment that you can experience at CityWalk ANYWAY. We had hoped too that they might rent a Disney Park out for a night event or something, so I guess it's just a bit of underwhelmingness?

I did a similar event about 5 years ago. There were food stations set up inside and outside of the restaurants and I think you could order from limited menus in a few of the places - I didn't try that, so I'm not 100% sure.

The restaurants in that area were all closed off to non-party guests and you could freely go wherever you wanted. It was a cool experience, but not worth $225 - or even half of that. (at the time, it was Red Coconut, Marley's, O'briens, Rising Star and maybe one more. Margaretaville was not included and Antojitos/Cow Fish weren't there yet)

Thanks. I was hoping some one might weigh in who'd attended one. Yeah, I can't quite justify that price for what's being offered. (Maybe I'll borrow a badge from one of his coworkers if they're not going to go just to check it out.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter