Private Transfer to Port for Concierge Guests

Doofenshmirtz513

Mouseketeer
I just learned today that concierge guests can book a private transfer through Disney to/from the port. So instead of the bus, you go in an SUV. And it's a flat fee instead of a per-person charge.

Has anyone used this service before? If so, please tell me all about it. Did you get to choose your time? What was the vehicle? How does it compare to other transport to the port?

I'll take any information you can give me.

I just learned today that concierge guests can book a private transfer through Disney to/from the port. So instead of the bus, you go in an SUV. And it's a flat fee instead of a per-person charge.

Has anyone used this service before? If so, please tell me all about it. Did you get to choose your time? What was the vehicle? How does it compare to other transport to the port?

Just wondering if you found any information out about this?

I had never heard of this option, Doofenshmirtz513. But then I will be sailing concierge for the first time next week. :cutie: I would just give Shoreside Concierge a quick call or email and ask them for details. I find Disney is pretty good about the details. Let us know what you find out! :sunny:

In Port Canaveral Disney works with Mears transportation, If i remember correctly from airport to ship for family of 4 was around 200.00 one way, we have used it several times, we were in a town car you can pay little more for SUV we have done that also.
chris

Yes, well... kind of. Here's the deal:

If you booked directly through them, shoreside concierge can book you the SUV / personal transportation. If you used a travel agent, you have to book separately, but shoreside can tell you who to go through, and you get the same price... just a little extra work from you.

As for economics, we were traveling with our family of 5, + one set of grandparents, so 7 people. The point where it becomes cheaper to travel personal instead of taking the bus is when you get past 4 people. But, even at 4 people, it's probably worth the little bit extra to be able to schedule the transportation according to your schedule.

The private transport will pick you up at your hotel and take you straight to the port. They will also give you a short grocery store trip (short meaning like 5 minutes) to run in and grab something you forgot, or didn't feel like flying with (aka, a six pack of beer).

All things considered, we plan on traveling using the private transfers in the future because it really is cheaper AND better than the bus.

I don't know if it's been finalized yet, but I know there was some discussion of expanding the Minnie Van service to both the airport and cruise port.

If I don’t have a car I always have a private transport to the port, concierge or not. On our trip next week I definitely paid less than $200 for an SUV including tip. ;) I don’t like the resort to port schedule.

Minnie vans have extended service between the resorts and airport. I think they’re asking $150 one way. :lmao: I know I paid Lyft $40 including tip from the airport to WL in April. We don’t have littles and don’t need car seats so I don’t see us ever using Minnie vans.

Based on the description it sounds like they are just scheduling with a private port transportation company for you. Around 4 people is when most of the private transportation companies in Orlando become more economically. So I’m not sure what the difference is between the concierage private transportation option and someone just calling Happy limos, Tiffany’s, etc directly??

We do this for all of our cruises if more than a few of us. We're looking at a van transfer for 11 in March and it's going to be about $350 round trip before tip. Compared to $770 for "the bus".

We do this for all of our cruises if more than a few of us. We're looking at a van transfer for 11 in March and it's going to be about $350 round trip before tip. Compared to $770 for "the bus".
I was quoted $289.00 (not including gratuity) for 7 people through Port Canaveral Transportation for a March 1st, 2019 sailing. That was a bit cheaper than Happy Limo @$326.00

For our family of five it was $195 each way from the Swan to port and port to GF. We warned them that we had a lot of luggage, so they brought a Mercedes sprinter van, which was much nicer than previous van transport we have booked. The van had plenty of room, comfy seats, and wi-fi. The driver was very friendly and professional. All-in-all, it was a great experience, and we would definitely use it again.

Our travel agent made the arrangements for us, so it was easy to set up as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter