Private Transportation from WDW Resort to Port Canaveral

LWILDP

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We're looking at private transportation options from Walt Disney World Resort to Port Canaveral as we would like to get on the ship earlier. We are two adults and two kids. Would appreciate any recommendations from those who have used private transportation recently (have seen lots of mixed reviews). Also do you know how early we should be aiming to get to the port - have a PAT at 10:45 am - and have read some reports we can't get there earlier than 11 am. Is this true?

Many thanks in advance!
Lindsay

Hi,

We're looking at private transportation options from Walt Disney World Resort to Port Canaveral as we would like to get on the ship earlier. We are two adults and two kids. Would appreciate any recommendations from those who have used private transportation recently (have seen lots of mixed reviews). Also do you know how early we should be aiming to get to the port - have a PAT at 10:45 am - and have read some reports we can't get there earlier than 11 am. Is this true?

Many thanks in advance!
Lindsay

The terminal opens at 10:30. If arriving by private transportation, they typically won't allow people in until then, although, they seem to let cars into the parking structure around 10:15, sometimes a bit later.

I've read that shuttles (from nearby hotels/car rental locations) are not allowed to enter the port area until 11:00. Don't know how true that is.

If you arrive at 10:45, you will be able to enter the terminal and check in. Boarding doesn't begin until around 11:15-11:30.

Sorry, can't really help with specific private transfer options, we typically use DCL transfers. Much easier.

We used Happy Limo to/from WDW resort and PC.
I was happy with them, we had an arrival time of 10:45 also.

My only complaint is that on our return trip from PC back to WDW resort- our driver forgot the booster seat that I had reserved and paid for!

I am kind of a stickler when it comes to child safety seats so I was NOT HAPPY!!

But, I know it was an oversight and I guess next time I would bring my own, just to be sure.

We use Tony Hinds (just google his name for contact info) and have never had a problem! He's great, always on time, etc. we have a 9:30 pick up at WDW for a 10:45 PAT, and hope to get right in the terminal when we arrive.

We have used Happy Limo several times and they are reliable. I'm not sure how early they will let cars into the terminal for drop-off. You may want to look into renting a car (R/T or 2 1-ways) as it might be cheaper and would give you more flexibility.

I can second Tony Hinds. He got a group of at least 10 of us from 3 different WDW resorts to the port on time with all our stuff (including a ECV.) Then was there in less than 5 minutes when we all got off together and called.

We've used Southern Elegance Limo for our last 6 trips.

Hi,

Many thanks in advance!
Lindsay

We rented a car from Alamo (at WDW), drove to PC and used Alamo's shuttle over to the port. The downside was that it IS true that shuttles aren't allowed to drop passengers off before 11 am, so we were late for our 10:30 PAT. This wasn't a big deal, though, as when we did finally get dropped off, we went through the line and right onto the ship. We were enjoying the ship by about 11:45.

Another vote for Happy Limo, excellent service, picked us up at WDW at 9:30, arrived at port at 10:30. We have very large suitcases so we ordered a minivan for the 4 of us, they showed up with a 10 passenger limo instead. Great way to start the vacay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter