Private VIP Tour

gmar1210

Mouseketeer
So we were invited by a family member to do a private VIP tour for a few days. It is at the end of June so I’m sure it’s going to be packed. All they requested is that we take care of the tip. They will handle everything else. It’s going to be for 3 days so not sure we will have the same guide every day. What do you typically tip on something like this. Don’t want to give too little but definitely don’t want to over tip.

We treated my daughter and her boyfriend to a 2-day tour last year (7 hours each day, with the same guide each day) and they tipped $200 in cash at the end of each day (so a total of $400), which the guide seemed very happy with. In the past we have usually tipped between $200 and $300 for a 1 day tour. Tips are genuinely not expected (but always welcomed) and Disney makes it quite hard as there is no way to add a tip to the credit card used to pay for the tour, so I have always brought cash in an envelope. I thought this was the only way to tip until recently on this board someone mentioned that they had tipped a guide using Venmo; I'm probably showing my age and while I know how to use Venmo I would always prefer just to discreetly hand over an envelope.

We treated my daughter and her boyfriend to a 2-day tour last year (7 hours each day, with the same guide each day) and they tipped $200 in cash at the end of each day (so a total of $400), which the guide seemed very happy with. In the past we have usually tipped between $200 and $300 for a 1 day tour. Tips are genuinely not expected (but always welcomed) and Disney makes it quite hard as there is no way to add a tip to the credit card used to pay for the tour, so I have always brought cash in an envelope. I thought this was the only way to tip until recently on this board someone mentioned that they had tipped a guide using Venmo; I'm probably showing my age and while I know how to use Venmo I would always prefer just to discreetly hand over an envelope.
Great idea using Venmo/cashapp.

So we were invited by a family member to do a private VIP tour for a few days. It is at the end of June so I’m sure it’s going to be packed. All they requested is that we take care of the tip. They will handle everything else. It’s going to be for 3 days so not sure we will have the same guide every day. What do you typically tip on something like this. Don’t want to give too little but definitely don’t want to over tip.
Anytime I’ve done a tour, I’ve tipped at least the equivalent of the hourly rate - ie, if the rate for the day was $400/hr, I tipped at least $400, but tips are never required, so tip whatever you’re comfortable giving. You should tip at the end of each day because you probably won’t be guaranteed the same guide each day.

We’ve done two VIP tours. We tipped around $300 or $400. I can't remember exactly.

We’ve done two VIP tours. We tipped around $300 or $400. I can't remember exactly.
So question. Is there a maximum amount of hours you can have them each day. They want to be able to use them until park close and start after breakfast/mid morning.

So question. Is there a maximum amount of hours you can have them each day. They want to be able to use them until park close and start after breakfast/mid morning.
Good question. I would think they could use them for how ever many hours they want (but 7 is the minimum). The tip I suggested is based on 7hrs. I'd tip more for more hours, especially from breakfast to park close. That could be 15hrs if they start at 10am and stay in MK til it closes at 1am (as it does on some days).

It is 10 hrs, personally usually tip 10-15% of total day cost, dependent on how interactive guide is with group.

We have only ever done 7 hours. If we ever did 10 hours I would bump up our usual $200-$300 tip to $300-$400.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter