• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private VIP Tours have access to RotR

See, this was an issue for one and one reason I did not want to do the tour during the Pandemic. I looked at getting one in October last year, but they told me that the guide doesn't ride with us and leaves us for lunch do to covid. IF I were to do the VIP tour, I am in it for the guide. I know the rides. I am not there to get past a few lines. I want to talk to the guide and get to know the things I do not know. The guide is the reason for paying - not the ability to skip a few lines.

I still plan on doing it, but at the time the restrictions were too much.
I totally agree with you!!! My guide made our tour last time! I bet they still charge you if you take lunch even if that guide can't stay with you! If they didn't, I would totally be down with that so I wouldn't feel like I couldn't eat during the tour because I don't want to waste our time.

Yet another uplate. per vip tour booking agent this morning, Rotr is included again as of now. The agent said the situation was fluid, which i took to mean it will keep changing.
I just booked one this morning. When I received the confirmation paperwork it said Not included…I called and booking agent said that it is and they hadn’t update paperwork yet. Also told me not to believe the blogs 🤣🤣

I wonder if WDW is playing semantic games to try to combat the blog coverage while still take care of their VIPs.

The blogs all characterized the change as "boarding groups no longer required" and Disney has pushed back on that.

But if VIP Tour Guides were able to guarantee boarding groups, have them set aside in advance for their guests, then Disney could still technically say "boarding groups are still required" while effectively offering the same guarantee.

Maybe I'm being cynical.

I just got a call from VIP services regarding a tour in August and they confirmed that ROTR is back on. It sounded like someone at VIP tours jumped the gun without all necessary parties at Disney having signed off on it when they first announced it would be available to tours . Thus, they had to back track, but now its officially included in the tour.

I just got a call from VIP services regarding a tour in August and they confirmed that ROTR is back on. It sounded like someone at VIP tours jumped the gun without all necessary parties at Disney having signed off on it when they first announced it would be available to tours . Thus, they had to back track, but now its officially included in the tour.

I heard the same. They now need to update the tour confirmations to reflect there is access. It shouldn’t be a guessing game when guests are shelling out thousands for these tours.

When you state "private" do you mean non-Disney guided, like someone not employed by WDW? Or are you just emphasizing that the VIP tours you purchase through Disney are private?

VIP tours start at $425 per hour and go as high as $725-$750 per hour with a minimum of 7 hours. I was told that you can only have priority 1 time a day during your tour. You are not able to go on it multiple times. Has anyone else heard different?

We've done a few VIP Tours (trying to book one in August but they're sold out) and we have never been given snacks or drinks. In fact, we bought lunch for our guide(!) I've heard both ways from others as well. Interesting how it's not a consistent experience. For the price we pay, you'd think we wouldn't have to buy our own pretzels and soft drinks :0 You get more on a far less expensive tour or even at something like Boo Bash. I've also seen some guests get a pin after their tour, we've never had that either (and this is for VIP Tours at DLR and WDW in our case). Maybe we just have bad luck with our plaids.

On our tours at the beginning of the month, we didn't get snacks or drinks, because of Covid, we were told. We did get a new poncho each day, and we got 3 of the VIP pins, along with a VIP celebration pin.

Our guide did buy us a round of water, on our 2nd day, as a thanks for us buying him water the two days we were touring. :) He also waited on his lunch, to make sure we got our lunches and great seating. We offered to buy his lunches and a snack when we stopped for them, but he refused, saying Mickey was paying for his stuff.

Our guide was a former 'friend', and had worked at multiple parks (including Tokyo Disney)..

Attachments

• goods1.jpg
    goods1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 45
  • goods2.jpg
    goods2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 45
Craziness. Okay, so I guess I'll start my daily calls again to see if we can luck upon a cancellation during the week we're there in August. So far the entire week is booked.

VIP tours start at $425 per hour and go as high as $725-$750 per hour with a minimum of 7 hours. I was told that you can only have priority 1 time a day during your tour. You are not able to go on it multiple times. Has anyone else heard different?
Fair enough. One ride per tour is very reasonable. I understand why Disney wouldn’t want multiple VIP tour groups riding over and over again.

I called yesterday morning & was told the following 2021 rates:
9/28 - $675/hour
9/29 - $675/hour
9/30 through 10/10 - $850/hour
10/11 - $675/hour

I was told they don’t see many $425/hour days after Oct 11 moving forward. Pricing will vary depending on the specific date.

ROTR to be included once during tour without a boarding group.

A little OT, but does anyone know if you can make non-ride requests like seeing Walt's apartment at Magic Kingdom on the VIP tour? Thanks!

Craziness. Okay, so I guess I'll start my daily calls again to see if we can luck upon a cancellation during the week we're there in August. So far the entire week is booked.
Calling daily isn't going to help unless you are calling to see if the waitlist is open. I called in June trying to get one for our trip in August and was placed on the waitlist then for the dates I would be there. If someone cancels they call the next one on the list.. I had an unknown caller that was blocked, so I did call to make sure it wasn't them, but sadly no. They did give me the number they would call from so I could tag it in my contacts. They won't tell you where you are on the list. I was hopeful that they would add more tour guides and I would be called, but its dwindling as our first park day is Aug3. Probably fewer cancelations now with ROR addition. But maybe....

Calling daily isn't going to help unless you are calling to see if the waitlist is open. I called in June trying to get one for our trip in August and was placed on the waitlist then for the dates I would be there. If someone cancels they call the next one on the list.. I had an unknown caller that was blocked, so I did call to make sure it wasn't them, but sadly no. They did give me the number they would call from so I could tag it in my contacts. They won't tell you where you are on the list. I was hopeful that they would add more tour guides and I would be called, but its dwindling as our first park day is Aug3. Probably fewer cancelations now with ROR addition. But maybe....
We were on the waitlist for several dates during out last stay, and got a call to get off the waitlist 48 hours before the date (which we took) and for two separate other days that we were on the wait list, the day before and even the day of. People do cancel for one reason or the other very close to the date. Good luck, hope you get one!

Calling daily worked for me. I got a spot a couple of days after that last post :) I wasn't on a waitlist and apparently waitlists were full...so go figure. But I learned a long time ago that no matter what they say, calling daily (or every other day) definitely can work with Disney ;) In this case, we're all set with our tour second week of August.

A little OT, but does anyone know if you can make non-ride requests like seeing Walt's apartment at Magic Kingdom on the VIP tour? Thanks!
You can make non-ride requests like take me shopping at Disney Springs, but seeing the room in the castle at WDW is not one of them that will be honored - I don’t think Walt’s apartment in DL is allowed either. However, there used to be (maybe still is) a World of Dreams Tour for 6 guests for 12 hours for the low, low price of $12,000 that will grant you access to the room in the castle - don’t know about the apartment in DL. That used to be the only tour that would get you on Rise.

Last edited:
Calling daily worked for me. I got a spot a couple of days after that last post :) I wasn't on a waitlist and apparently waitlists were full...so go figure. But I learned a long time ago that no matter what they say, calling daily (or every other day) definitely can work with Disney ;) In this case, we're all set with our tour second week of August.
Wow, you must be super conving on the phone! I guess Im not pushy enough. You don't want me haggling for you at a garage sale. Never done anything like the VIP stuff before, it's usually way past our budget, cost being subsidized by a generous gift.
What is your secret? Are you a super visitor or influencer in RL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter