Probably a dumb question about the Fantasmic dining package

Stubbzilla

Mouseketeer
When you get the Fantasmic dining package are you restricted in what you can order? Are you charged a fixed price per person no matter what you order? I've tried looking up the cost of the Fantasmic package at the Brown Derby, and I keep seeing prices from about $56-$60 for adults, and $16-$18 for children. Is that just an estimate?

In looking at the menu, there's nothing on the kid's menu that my kids would eat - so if I wanted to order, say, a noodle bowl and a cobb salad and let me and my three kids all share it together, could we do that? I'm not trying to be cheap, I just want my kids to eat something (they love noodles and salad) and none of us are big eaters. My kids are 8, 5, and almost 3, and my younger two usually eat two bites of food if I'm lucky. My oldest will eat whatever's there. They'll all probably be happy to order dessert.

I'm so confused, we have always had the dining plan and always done only character buffets/family styles in the past because the kids have been so young.

To get their tickets to Fantasmic the kids will need to order their own meal and be charged the 16-18$ , if you only order two adults meal you will only get 2 tickets to Fantasmic.

Have you looked at the Fantasmic Package at Hollywood and Vine or at Mama Melrose? My young ones found plenty to choose from on teh MM childrens menu, and H&V is a buffet so there will be kids favorites there as well. We have never dined at H&V so I have no direct experience, but MM is one that my family chooses when inside DHS.

Also, if you all really do nto want the food that is on the menus, I would consider just getting a FP for Fantasmic and eating OOP at a TS restaurant or at a CS restaurant.

The ranges you are showing are the price for the F! pkg at HBD; they are seasonal, and if you want the F! pkg, everyone has to pay that price no matter what you eat. Nancy56's suggestion to eat OOP and get a FP+ for F! is your better option if your kids won't eat well off the kids menu.

Yes, I think I'm just going to let the reservation go and we'll use the FP+ for it. I did manage to get a FP+, but I have had a heck of a time getting ADRs for our trip, so it's not like I have much hope of switching to one of the other Fantasmic restaurants. Thanks for the tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter