Problem with Universal Resort Refund?

notatallmagic

DIS Veteran
Anyone else having this? Booked a night at Portofino for December back in August. Cancelled the reservation on October 1st. Four calls later and a demand for a Manager FINALLY got the the email that the cancelation will be processed, but still no refund to my account. They claim it was a system conversion, software glitch, my banks error...every call a different excuse. All I know is that it shouldn't take over six weeks to give me my $400 back! Anyone else?

Did you pay by credit card? Why not e mail to explain the situation, and warn them that if you don’t receive the refund within X days, you will raise a charge back.
That's what I was thinking. Ugh. I so enjoy the time I'll be spending on this.

Anyone else having this? Booked a night at Portofino for December back in August. Cancelled the reservation on October 1st. Four calls later and a demand for a Manager FINALLY got the the email that the cancelation will be processed, but still no refund to my account. They claim it was a system conversion, software glitch, my banks error...every call a different excuse. All I know is that it shouldn't take over six weeks to give me my $400 back! Anyone else?
That's too bad OP, and I think it probably was a software glitch. I have cancelled 2 previous reservations at RPR and the money was put back on my card within a day both times. It would be really irritating to have to wait that long for a refund, but I hope it was just a glitch for you.

Go to the thread about this on the Universal resorts board, someone posted the Loews accounting dept phone number. A call to them worked for me.

It is asinine that a company the size of Universal is doing manual refunds. I decided to trust the process. At 10 days the credit showed pending on my card. Then dropped off since they never finalized. I just did a charge back. Disney IT might suck but I've always gotten my refund.

My most recent cancellation showed up automatically on 12/10 after about 2-3 weeks, hopefully they're making progress on the issue.

How long since it dropped off? I usually only have that problem with Chase cards and it also happens with pending charges. They do reappear after a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter