Problems with Disney Dining!!!!!

deanvm

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else had a problem getting through to Disney's dining reservations? I tried calling yesterday at about 3pm and today at 10am and was on hold for 40 mins each time before I hang up. I would not mind if it was a toll free call, but it isn't.

Dean

I have not had this problem. :confused:
I guess just keep trying to call back.

I was on hold for a long time today, too. Not sure what the problem is. Keep trying!

deanvm- did you try the 800 number? that is what i used to make all my ps arrangements. i got the number of the wdwinfo part of the dis under dining. worked well for me.

1-877-939-3732

here's another toll free number... 1-800-828-0228

(i have often suspected that disney gets a kickback from the phone company! not only do you hold forever, then the cm's make tons of small talk, even after you are finished your transaction!)

Maybe it is still a problem from the hurricane. I spoke with a friend of mine who is a cast member at Disney and he told me on Tuesday that a lot of people were still not back to work and that there are still major power outages down there so maybe there is a problem with phone lines and not all are up yet.

I just called this morning at 7am est to make a few PS. I was on hold for over 20 minutes and then on the phone with them for another 20 minutes....on their dime. Use 1-800-828-0228, option 3 for dining. Good Luck!:earsboy:

called yesterday and today around 5. Yesterday had to wait about 4-5 minutes. Today it went right through.
I didn't have the 800 number so thank you for that.

actually, i had a cast member tell me that w/the halloween party, food/wine festival, and christmas ressies beginning that they are just super-swamped... right now is a big ps time for wdw...

I was also on hold for 30 minutes yesterday & about that amount of time today...I didn't think they would ever answer my call.

I enjoyed listening to all the Disney music though. lol :Pinkbounc

Hmmm, long hold times are why I like calling them on the weekend on my Cell phone. 2 hours on hold last Saturday after the hurricane closed them on Friday. But I got my CRT! But 2 hours: thank goodness for those free weekend minutes.

As for weekday calls I also call from my cellphone. We've got 800 mins on our family plan and use maybe 250 in most months, so 40 mins on hold and 20 mins socializing with the charming folks who work there is fine with me.

I like to use my cell phone also but don't get a signal at my house. I always plan to make the calls when I go to town but forget to take the number or just plain forget. LOL

I live in Tampa where the reservation center is located and they have been advertising like crazy on the radio for reservation agents. Sounds like perhaps they are understaffed currently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter