Problems with Honeymoon booking... (sort of long)

eeyore74

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I booked our honeymoon over the phone with Disney and asked for the 7 day land and sea Honeymoon package. I think it's called the Romantic Escape. I had the screen up when I called and I know I told the person what I wanted exactly.

Well, when we got our papers, there was no honeymoon mentioned anywhere, just "7 day land and sea." So I called reservations back and amazingly got the same person. She says she never said that we got the honeymoon package, just the regular one, but that she put something on there to alert the hotel and the cruise ship that it will be our honeymoon. If we want the package, we'd have to pay close to 900 dollars more. Not possible.

So... now we're upset. I wouldn't normally do the extras, but we thought they'd be fun for the HM. Now I feel like we were shafted. I know what I asked for and she wouldn't even give us the darn pin! I want to be treated extra special! I'm planning on complaining to the hotel when we get there, but does anyone know if there is anything else we can do?

I will never book through Disney reservations again. I haven't been to Disney in almost three years and had forgotten how much I hated dealing with them.

I did tell DH that we are wearing the bride and groom ears. He's not too thrilled about that. :p

Thank you!

Hi Allie,

We also booked the "Romantic Pkg." w/ Disney for the land/sea pkg. (We booked in March and we're leaving for the honeymoon in Dec.) When we booked, we told them we wanted that specific pkg. and when we got the confirmation, it didn't state it on the papers, so we paniced and called back. But they said it was on their computer, but not on paper. We just got our honeymoon papers and itinerary planner call this past week.

But we did also pay about $890 for the honeymoon pkg. in addition to the land/sea pkg.

Maybe you can call again to find out what their computers says. I hope this helps, we're new to this, but if I can help, please let me know.

:wave: :wave: :teeth: :teeth: :wave: :wave:

Thanks for the reply! We leave on Thursday, so I can pretty much figure they didn't give us the package. No planner calling us. :( But that's a good idea to call back again, just to make sure. And to complain some more. :p

I'm hoping that when we get there and I can be talking to someone face to face that something can be done. But I'm just so upset on missing out on some of the extras. DH really wants the massage, but at least we can book that when we get on the ship.

Well, I just came back from my Honeymoon at Disney and had a rough time with the package. We had alot of trouble before we left about where we were staying. We had to call the Dinsey Planning people at least 4 times to make sure they got it all right. We were on the Honeymoon Grand Plan, which was alot of money, but we thought it was worth it when we were told about all the extra gifts we get and all (one of them being a limited edition watch) well, when we got to the WL there was no gifts at all other than a dozen roses that my DH had sent for me. When we asked about it the Concierge people told us that somehow we were booked for the Grand Plan, not the Honeymoon grand plan. Well, Paul (my DH) decided to spend the extra $350 so that we could get those gifts that we thought we already had. Almost 5 days later (thank goodness we were staying 10 days.) we got the bag. All it had in it was a memory box, a box of chocolates and a picture frame. All of that could not have come up to $350!! Not even if I bought it in the park. Needless to say we were both upset and disappointed with Disney. Well, when Paul asked about the watches and all the other things we were told we would get (I had written down all the things we were supposed to get) we were told that the watches were for last year (when we originally booked our stay) and they no longer have anymore. So I am begining to think that Disney likes to get all that extra money out of honeymooners and thinks nothing of the fact that the honeymooners are not getting what they were promised. Needless to say, my FH will be writting Disney a letter very soon. Better him than me because I am still very upset about it.
Just to let you know, you are not alone in the crazy "package" deal at Disney.

Heather S

Hi Heather,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the Honeymoon Grand Plan. It's horrible that they didn't even seem responsive! I'm getting so nervous now, b/c we're leaving for our honeymoon in a few weeks, and I want everything to go smoothly. I want the "goodies" left in my resort room as it stated on the Disney website!

Other than this unforgiving problem, I hope you and your DH had a wonderful time in Disney. How was the WL other than the unresponsive staff? :(

Your DH should definetly write the letter and make sure everyone gets a copy, send it to whoever you can get an address on!!!:rolleyes:

It's your HONEYMOON for crying out loud!:mad:

Well, please keep us posted, thanks for letting us know, I hope everything worked out for you guys!!!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :teeth: :wave: :teeth:

We had a great time other than that. It wasn't so much that they were unresponsive, but they couldn't help with something they didn't control. I was upset because we were promised certain things and never got them and what we did get wasn't worth the $350 extra. We like the wilderness lodge but the concierge level honeymoon rooms are set up badly in my opinion. All of them open up to the Lobby so at night you can hear everything going on downstairs. If you aren't staying at the concierge level there is nothing to worry about from what I hear. We did have a great time even if my ranting about not getting what we were promised on the phone and on the website. My DH bought me a watch because I was so upset about not getting one in our goodies bag. I needed a watch and put off buying one thinking that I would get one in the bag, well it didn't happen so he bought me a nice watch. I wear it every day.
I am posting my trip reports on the board- you can go read them to see how much fun we did have regardless of the bag. Just call and double check that they have you on the Honeymoon plan. We thought they had us on it, but apparently not. Although the things my DH mailed in said we were. I would just call for your own piece of mind and check.

Randall and Megan are great Coordinators and they do what they can. They just didn't know about all we were promised until it was too late.

Heather S

Hi Heather,

I'm glad to hear that you still had a wonderful trip! We didn't book the concierge suites, we smoke, so we're stuck on the 5th floor. :rolleyes:

But thanks for the advise, I think I will call WL to check and make sure we have the honeymoon plan. I alway wondered what "goodies" were included in the bag, nothing too exciting I guess.

Thanks again for the info, looking foward to reading your report...can't wait to check out WL for the first time ourselves! Yay! :wave: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :wave:

I know you will love it. Just wear the ears! They are great. Although Paul got sick of saying "One size doesn't fit all" when people would ask about his hat because I had bought him one, but it didn't fit. He wanted to wear it, but couldn't.
The WL is a breathtaking resort- even with the bad experience we had. I look at all the pictures I took and wouldn't trade our staying there for the world.
I have been posting my recaps on the trip board. So far I think I am on Day 4 or 5.....It's really long:-)
The goodie bag isn't everything I thought it would be, but it is a very nice bag that Says Disney Fairy Tale Honeymoon on it. That's why Paul said he wasn't going to give the gift back and ask for the $350 back because the bag was nice.
Anyway, have a great time!!

Heather S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter