Process for getting add-on contract points...

ClosetDisMom

Mouseketeer
So, my tiny BCV resale add-on contract closed today! Woo hoo! One step closer to my second contract and second home. pixiedust:

Questions: How long will it take for Disney to acknowledge my ownership (as in, give me access to the points)? Since the add-on is a different UY than my first contract, I will have a second log-in, correct? How does Disney inform me of the second contract's log-in?

The new contract should be added to your existing online account. DVC isn't in a rush to work on resale contracts, they focus on direct buyers first.

:earsboy: Bill

Typically 10-14 days after they receive a copy of the closed contract. You'll receive something by mail.
Aha! So, watch my snail mailbox, not my email inbox. I couldn't remember how I was notified to set up the account with my first contract because I think I got excited and just called member services after the deed was recorded and got the information from them then... Maybe this time, I will be patient.

Aha! So, watch my snail mailbox, not my email inbox. I couldn't remember how I was notified to set up the account with my first contract because I think I got excited and just called member services after the deed was recorded and got the information from them then... Maybe this time, I will be patient.
You can also just watch OCC and then call MS when you see your contract recorded.

We closed on a second UY, same resort contract just over a year ago in perhaps a quieter time. We closed 3/28, recorded OCC 3/29, new membership visible in account 3/30, points loaded 4/1. Your sign on will remain the same. Our “collapsed” dashboard looks like this:
6B6A614E-9B57-481F-8116-1A3F62A758B5.jpeg

We closed on a second UY, same resort contract just over a year ago in perhaps a quieter time. We closed 3/28, recorded OCC 3/29, new membership visible in account 3/30, points loaded 4/1. Your sign on will remain the same. Our “collapsed” dashboard looks like this:
View attachment 396598
Thank you! That is super helpful. I doubt that my process will be that quick, but knowing how your process went down helps a ton.

Since the add-on is a different UY than my first contract, I will have a second log-in, correct?

Just to nit pick: an "add-on" must have the same UY as the master contract.

You may have added to your point total but it's not accurate to call it an add-on. You purchased a new membership, or master contract. There are important differences.

Just to nit pick: an "add-on" must have the same UY as the master contract.

You may have added to your point total but it's not accurate to call it an add-on. You purchased a new membership, or master contract. There are important differences.
So noted. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter