Process to book Sommelier Room at Citricos

catnik

DIS Veteran
Is it open? If so, is It similar to V&A, where you may call to a separate number outside of Dining? Looks intriguing

It is open. We asked about the process when dining in the main restaurant a few weeks back. The manager was a bit vague about it so they might be still figuring out the best way to do it or she just was not that familiar with it yet. It's not bookable online. Basically you have to talk to a manager in advance and like V&A they go over likes/dislikes and create a menu for you. Unfortunately I didn't get a phone # but I might try the old V&A direct # or on the GF resort thread they list the main # for the resort/front desk as 407-824-3000 and I'd imagine they could direct you from there. Someone in that thread might have another direct # as well.

I believe there is a minimum spend and she said it was for I think 4-8 or 10 people. 4 was definitely the minimum # of people she quoted but if a party of two was willing to spend the minimum they might make an exception. She did emphasize that the wine pairings were really the star of the show as opposed to V&A where the kitchen is the star (but of course the food is still excellent) and that a sommelier presents each course, explains the pairing, talks about the wine etc. A party was in there the night we dined and we saw both the sommelier and chef go in a few times. I did see a post somewhere from a group that did this and had someone in the party who does not drink and they prepared a mocktail for each course for them. I'm very intrigued by this as well and would love to try it at some point.

It is open. We asked about the process when dining in the main restaurant a few weeks back. The manager was a bit vague about it so they might be still figuring out the best way to do it or she just was not that familiar with it yet. It's not bookable online. Basically you have to talk to a manager in advance and like V&A they go over likes/dislikes and create a menu for you. Unfortunately I didn't get a phone # but I might try the old V&A direct # or on the GF resort thread they list the main # for the resort/front desk as 407-824-3000 and I'd imagine they could direct you from there. Someone in that thread might have another direct # as well.

I believe there is a minimum spend and she said it was for I think 4-8 or 10 people. 4 was definitely the minimum # of people she quoted but if a party of two was willing to spend the minimum they might make an exception. She did emphasize that the wine pairings were really the star of the show as opposed to V&A where the kitchen is the star (but of course the food is still excellent) and that a sommelier presents each course, explains the pairing, talks about the wine etc. A party was in there the night we dined and we saw both the sommelier and chef go in a few times. I did see a post somewhere from a group that did this and had someone in the party who does not drink and they prepared a mocktail for each course for them. I'm very intrigued by this as well and would love to try it at some point.
Thanks!

We called to find out more about the offering. Since we are only 2, we will eat in the main dining room but will have the sommelier assist us with our wine pairings. Best of both worlds 😊

We called to find out more about the offering. Since we are only 2, we will eat in the main dining room but will have the sommelier assist us with our wine pairings. Best of both worlds 😊
Awesome! You'll have to come back and tell us about it. Hope you enjoy!

Spoke to DSS for my Poly club level stay in April. 4-8 people, $200.80/person. Private menu with pairing. Call Citricos 60 days out.

I spoke to a CM at the Grand Floridian last night who directed me to call Disney Dining to book the Sommelier room. Today I've been on hold to speak to Disney Dining (407-939-3463) for 4 hours!! I called 407-939-3463.. is there a better number to call or a better time to try at? Thanks in advance for any help!

I spoke to a CM at the Grand Floridian last night who directed me to call Disney Dining to book the Sommelier room. Today I've been on hold to speak to Disney Dining (407-939-3463) for 4 hours!! I called 407-939-3463.. is there a better number to call or a better time to try at? Thanks in advance for any help!
Did you have any luck?

I called the Citrico's podium many times, but I've had no success. The Grand Floridan desk cast member gave me the number to Citrico's front podium and I thought awesome, now I'm getting somewhere! However, nothing.....

(407) 824-2433 Citrico's front podium number

The phone there gives you 3 options:
  1. Xfer to Disney dining line - cast member there told me there was no avail, but not sure she had the info tbh
  2. Transfer to catering and large groups manager. I left a few messages, none were returned
  3. Transfer to ring the hostess at podium - no one answers here either, messages were not returned.
May you have better luck than I did

We have the same problem. Only 2 of us and we really wanted to do the prix-fix meal from the Sommelier room as the review was amazing.
I thought that menu was only in the Sommelier room and not the main dining room. Is it available?

**UPDATE**

I got a reservation with Pete Werner's help and I am totally happy to share what info I have with my DIS family.

Forget phones, they don't work. You need to use this email for Citrico's to book directly: WDW.Citricos@disney.com

Here is some info from my reservation to help you all out:

Some other details about the room:
Minimum Capacity for the room is 4
Maximum Capacity for the room is 8.
There will be a few details that we will need to confirm ahead of your visit.

• The experience is around 4 hours long. Your group will have to arrive by 6 PM
• We do not have 9 course vegan tasting menu available at the Sommelier Room. Vegan menus will be limited to 4 to 5 courses paired to wine.
• Menu choices could be limited to guests with multiple dietary restrictions
• Price is $200.80 per person for the menu and wine tasting.
o Wine tasting is just about 2.5 ounces of wine per choice
o Additional wine pours will be charge A la carte
o Two Cocktails are part of the tasting
o All guest will have to bring their ID’s to confirm that they are over 21.
o Florida Law requires for us to card anyone that looks under 30 years of age
o We will not be able to serve alcohol if a guest that looks under the age of 30 does not have an ID
• For parties of 4-5 guests, gratuity will not be automatically added on, so tax will be added on at the end of the bill and
gratuity will be left up to the guests’ discretion.
• Automatic Gratuity will only be included in the price for parties of 6 or more.
$200.80 plus 6.5% tax and 18% automatic gratuity will equal $250.00 – original pricing given for all guests.
• This price includes 8 to 9 food courses, Champagne toast, 7 courses paired to wine, one course paired to a cocktail.
Water, and Coffee/Tea are included.
• Non-Alcohol drinkers including guests under the Age of 21 will be provided with a nonalcoholic substitution for each pairing.
Pricing is per guest and pricing will be the same if ordering nonalcoholic substitutions.
• No discounts are available for the sommelier Room, Parking validation not available.
• Dress code is Business casual – The room is private but we are open minded to any dress code Business Casual or above
• No deposits are required for this reservation

I need the following information from you before the end of this week:

• Name of each guest joining the party (First and last name)
• Guest under 21 as of the day of your reservation
• Name of guests not drinking Alcohol
• Severe allergy or Dietary Intolerance
• Celebrations or special occasions for any guests within the group
• Name and Contact phone number while you are in town

For example
John Smith, Anniversary, Wine pairing ok, no allergies
Jane Doe, No special occasion, Under 21 no alcohol, No seafood

As soon as we receive the requested information above, I will send you a confirmation number. Please keep the confirmation information to show our Hotel security to gain access to the building.
Please keep in mind that since The Sommelier Room is not available in the Disney Reservation system, Your reservation will be listed just as Citricos.

Wow! Looking forward to a report on your meal! We’ve eaten at V&A several times, but the amount of alcohol this experience would entail would mean we’d definitely need a room at GF for the night.

Wow! Looking forward to a report on your meal! We’ve eaten at V&A several times, but the amount of alcohol this experience would entail would mean we’d definitely need a room at GF for the night.
Thank goodness we are staying at BLT that night! I agree...sounds amazing :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter