• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Product Warning - Disney Floral and Gifts

BlvInMagic

Mouseketeer
Was browsing some gift options on the Disney Floral and Gifts website -- to surprise my son with on an upcoming Disneyland vacation (our first time!) -- and came across this odd warning connected to the Star Tours Back Pack, "WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." What is up with this .....and why do they even have it on their website for sale ? I've never seen anything like this before.
Star Tours Bag.jpg

That's what I was going to say. They have very strict regulations when it comes to chemicals and products with chemicals.

Everything in the world causes cancer if you live in California. No offense to Californians but they have gone nuts with the warnings. I'd say live in a plastic bubble, but I'm sure that would have a warning label if you lived in California too.

Bottom line, living can cause cancer, but if you live at California you'll be reminded this every single day of your life.

Pretty much everything in Ca has that warning. It's part of the Proposition 65 clean air act. There are about 500 chemicals on the list that require this warning. The gates of Disneyland have the same warning, as does the parking garage.

It's on the D&B handbags, too -- like I was going to put my purse in my mouth! It's also the reason why many mail order stores won't ship licorice candy to CA.

If you've ever purchased a product that is also packaged to be sold in CA, you have probably seen the label. I haven't lived in California going on 20 years, but I still see the label every now and again.

So far the funniest warning was when I was shopping or a new bumper for my Jeep Wrangler. It said, "CA Residents:
p65 Warning Sign 3.svg
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm" I still laugh about it.

Anyone want to place bets on when Prop 65 will have us wearing signs to alert others that we may contain substances known by the state of California to blah blah blah?... I'm thinking all those potentially contagious bodily fluids! Gasp!

Sorry. Prop 65 makes me laugh, and I don't even live there. Life is terminal. We ain't getting out alive, so I'm going to enjoy it while I'm here, whether or not the state of California feels the need to tell me that everything I see (and don't see) is a potential killer.

As said previously, Prop 65 warnings are everywhere in California and on things that come from California.

Like people are saying, CA went nuts with the law. You will find the signs posted EVERYWHERE. Most people just ignore them now.

And I have the 1st for items in your pic. I really love them. Now will have to look at the backpack you are showing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter