Profound Thoughts (or babblings of an idiot - not sure which)

What the Heck

USMC Vet
Well, I ended up giving my notice on Wednesday. Gave about 4 weeks or more notice, and it's flexible depending on what happens in the future. So the date left for me to leave is January 20th, set firmly in jello.

Anyway, I was talking to a friend of mine, someone who was kinda looking at it as a failure. And I was thinking while we were talking - some of my biggest failures have been my largest successes and some of my largest successes have been my biggest failures. Personally I think of it as a great opportunity, I get to move back to Chicago. Anway, to get to the profound thoughts:

I was thinking of a man who never traveled far in his life. He never won any big games, he never won any major wars, he (according to most) never married, he had a trial that he lost, had an appeal and lost that. In short, according to most of his contemporaries, he was a failure. Yet if it wasn't for his "failure", Christianity never would have been. Meaning, it's not my job to judge what is a failure or success in my life. I lost a job, I wasn't crucified.

I would like some prayers for my dad because he is going nuts about it (we need to sell the house real quick) but for me it feels like a good thing. (Of course it would have been different if I had been asked to leave the premises the same day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter