~Project Runway Season Season 8 Thread Spoilers Welcome~

I loved it when she was sitting at the sewing machine talking about karma, and then something hit her in the face :rotfl2:
:thumbsup2

And lastly (for realz, I mean it!), WHEN for HEAVEN'S SAKE are the designers going to stop hating on Michael for his alleged lack of skills? Tim Gunn is not an idiot, and if Michael C. were incapable of designing or if his sewing skills were lacking, Michael would not be getting the feedback he is from Tim. .
Did anyone else hear Heidi's comment to Michael last night? She grabbed his white zipper thing and said something like "I hear you can't sew....who said that? Oh wait that person isn't on the show anymore." and started laughing. This is when she was making her rounds.

Seriously I love when Tim gets mad and puts the designers in their places-- he rocks! :worship:

Love Mondo hope he wins it all. Glad Christopher is gone. April can be such a beyotch. Hated her clothes last night. Loved Mondos, liked Michaels except for that white thing and the colors. Loved his dress. Hated Andy's pants, they reminded me of clown pants. Gretchen may win-- it worked for Kenley. :lmao:

Although I agree this is a reality "show" -- and the "show" part takes precedence -- and producers can manipulate the heck out of the tape, how is it that the crews are able to get footage of all her terrible behavior, and yet somehow miss all the really horrible behavior she attributes to him (sabotage, cheating, etc.)?

when she was asked by hinm she said he sabotaged everyone by cheating, although I would call that cheating, its not "sabotage". And if what he did was have his model tape her dress in the bathroom there would be no camera footage of that. I'm not saying Ivy is right and Michael did cheat, I just know way more goes on than what we see.

And lastly (for realz, I mean it!), WHEN for HEAVEN'S SAKE are the designers going to stop hating on Michael for his alleged lack of skills? Tim Gunn is not an idiot, and if Michael C. were incapable of designing or if his sewing skills were lacking, Michael would not be getting the feedback he is from Tim. I feel like the other designers pigeon-holed MC from the start, and now absolutely refuse to see him as the designer he has the ability (and has shown at least some of the skills) to be. This all sounds like I'm on the MC love-train, and I'm definitely not (Team Mondo!), I just want to see where all the vitriol is coming from ... and so far, I see nothing to explain it.

Is Michael the only one of them that didn't go to design school? Is it because they did and they think they are superior because of it? I haven't liked all his designs but he has had just as many nice ones (and I don't necessarily mean winning ones) as Mondo, and way more than Gretchen :laughing:

...And lastly (for realz, I mean it!), WHEN for HEAVEN'S SAKE are the designers going to stop hating on Michael for his alleged lack of skills? Tim Gunn is not an idiot, and if Michael C. were incapable of designing or if his sewing skills were lacking, Michael would not be getting the feedback he is from Tim. I feel like the other designers pigeon-holed MC from the start, and now absolutely refuse to see him as the designer he has the ability (and has shown at least some of the skills) to be. This all sounds like I'm on the MC love-train, and I'm definitely not (Team Mondo!), I just want to see where all the vitriol is coming from ... and so far, I see nothing to explain it.

This :thumbsup2

when she was asked by him she said he sabotaged everyone by cheating, although I would call that cheating, its not "sabotage". And if what he did was have his model tape her dress in the bathroom there would be no camera footage of that. I'm not saying Ivy is right and Michael did cheat, I just know way more goes on than what we see.

I know she mentioned the word "sabotage" last night, but I meant the episode with the vote buttons, when she said he was trying to sabotage her by telling the voters that she was the *bleep* of the show. Although I definitely could see the camera crews missing something that happened in the bathroom, I don't see how they could have missed him saying something like that -- and, according to Ivy, to many guests -- in the open. After all, it seems like half of this season has been subtitled because the cameras pick up on mere whispers, even when the designers have their backs to the camera. Surely someone other than Ivy would have heard him insult/attempt to sabotage her? I thought that accusation from Ivy was odd from the start, because who did SHE hear that from? Despite all the cameras, microphones, guests and other designers, nothing was picked up until Ivy mysteriously heard it from ... er...someone? It seemed like a piece of manufactured drama that she hoped would damage Michael C.

I agree, there's a lot that happens that we don't see, but if it DID happen, and any single crew caught even a snippet of it, wouldn't they have run with it to increase the drama? That certainly seemed the case during the Models of the Runway episode when the model (Katy, maybe?) was accused of using double-stick tape. They showed a shot of the model with what did appear to be visible double-stick tape holding the garment up. Although nothing ultimately came of it, that image certainly put a lot of doubt in my mind. If they had even a tiny indication that MC was as villainous as Ivy has said, I just think they would play it.

Unless, of course, he is in any way related to one of the producers or kidnapped one of the producer's children :thumbsup2

Is Michael the only one of them that didn't go to design school? Is it because they did and they think they are superior because of it? I haven't liked all his designs but he has had just as many nice ones (and I don't necessarily mean winning ones) as Mondo, and way more than Gretchen :laughing:

I think you're on to something. There definitely have been signs in the past that self-taught designers are treated with a bit of condescension by the "educated" designers, even if it is only through the confessional comments about their pattern-making/sewing skills/training/etc.

DH and I had the same reaction when we heard "sticky tape in the bathroom." Some women are sensitive about having, well, no "assets" so to speak.;) Double sided tape can be used to make sure fillets stay where they're meant to, especially if they're just partial fillets.

Double-sided sticky tape has many uses besides sewing, including keeping cats off furniture!:lmao:

I think this season has been terrible. The designs have been awful and the designers are the worst . I hope next season is better.

Ivy is friggin witch. Just an awful soul in her.

Michael C. has been humble and kind and just done his job (and done it well). I hope he makes it to the end but I am pulling for Mondo.

I agree that this season has been less than stellar. However I do love Mondo and I hope he wins.

My comments on the challenge are just disbelief that HK has put out such awful drab outfits. I do not get it.:confused3 Mondo's clothes are better than HK collection. That is JMO.

I just went to Amazon to view them and I cannot understand why why why she would put these out?

I agree that this season has been less than stellar. However I do love Mondo and I hope he wins.

My comments on the challenge are just disbelief that HK has put out such awful drab outfits. I do not get it.:confused3 Mondo's clothes are better than HK collection. That is JMO.

I just went to Amazon to view them and I cannot understand why why why she would put these out?

I agree with you about Mondo's designs being light-years better than HK.

I loved Mondo's, not so much Andy's (enough with the off-the shoulder crap - who can carry grocery bags like that?). But Mondo couldn't win four times in a row!

There were a couple of tops in Heidi's collection that I liked, but they're not out yet. Have to be much too expensive for my budget anyway!

Gretchen just doesn't "get it." Heidi doesn't hate her, she hates the design. And she said specifically what she didn't like; it wasn't just "Hate the pants. Hate the tops." That's just when Gretchen stopped listening.

You'd think that after she's been in the bottom so many times, and been wrong about the winners that she might just think, "OK, there's something that I'm not getting. What is it? How can I change what I'm doing, keep true to myself, but still put out stunning designs?" No, to her it's only, "I know better than people who have been successful in this business for 20 years. They don't know what they're doing."

DH and I had the same reaction when we heard "sticky tape in the bathroom." Some women are sensitive about having, well, no "assets" so to speak.;) Double sided tape can be used to make sure fillets stay where they're meant to, especially if they're just partial fillets.

Double-sided sticky tape has many uses besides sewing, including keeping cats off furniture!:lmao:

You do know it is NOT ALLOWED and against the rules of the show. They were hiding in the bathroom doing the tape because of the rules, not because they were embarassed.

Over the seasons of PR there have been other throw downs of cheating over the tape.

You do know it is NOT ALLOWED and against the rules of the show. They were hiding in the bathroom doing the tape because of the rules, not because they were embarassed.

Over the seasons of PR there have been other throw downs of cheating over the tape.

They aren't aloud to use the little silicone inserts for their cleavage?

No, they aren't allowed to use tape to hold the garment in place. If a model needs tape to cover up an area that means the designer failed. I think they assumed that the tape was to hold up Michael's dress because of the way it was designed. I never paid attention to it when it originally aired but when they showed a clip of it I was thinking I would have needed tape to keep it in place too.

No, they aren't allowed to use tape to hold the garment in place. If a model needs tape to cover up an area that means the designer failed. I think they assumed that the tape was to hold up Michael's dress because of the way it was designed. I never paid attention to it when it originally aired but when they showed a clip of it I was thinking I would have needed tape to keep it in place too.

That's not what I asked about, nor what Michael claimed happened. He said the model used double sided tape to hold the silicone breast fillets to her tiny little breasts ..not to hold her IN to the dress.

That's not what I asked about, nor what Michael claimed happened. He said the model used double sided tape to hold the silicone breast fillets to her tiny little breasts ..not to hold her IN to the dress.

Well excuse me for trying to give you some info. You asked if it was against the rules to use the silicone things and I answered "no" so yes actually you got the answer to what it was you were asking about, excuse me for giving you some other info to. I'm not a mind reader I had no idea if you know what was against the rules or not. And FYI the reason Ivy was accusing him of cheating is because she assumed the tape was used to hold the dress up. Michael claimed it was to hold her filets in after Ivy confronted him. ;)

My question...

Your answer. It appeared to me you were again addressing the double sided tape, even though I asked about the fillets. I read your answer as referring only to the tape. You apparently meant "No, they ARE allowed to use fillets...but they aren't allowed to use tape to hold the garment in place"

Yes?

Well excuse me for trying to give you some info. You asked if it was against the rules to use the silicone things and I answered "no" so yes actually you got the answer to what it was you were asking about, excuse me for giving you some other info to. I'm not a mind reader I had no idea if you know what was against the rules or not. And FYI the reason Ivy was accusing him of cheating is because she assumed the tape was used to hold the dress up. Michael claimed it was to hold her filets in after Ivy confronted him. ;)

No need to be defensive. Things get lost in translation on the' net. :thumbsup2

As for Ivy...we know what happens when people assume.

When did double-stick tape become against the rules? Both Laura Bennett and Nick Verreos's blogs went off about this being a stupid rule since it is a common thing to use on real runways. Someone mentioned that they had had problems with it on previous seasons - but I don't remember that. Can anyone remind me?

My question...

Your answer. It appeared to me you were again addressing the double sided tape, even though I asked about the fillets. I read your answer as referring only to the tape. You apparently meant "No, they ARE allowed to use fillets...but they aren't allowed to use tape to hold the garment in place"

Yes?

No need to be defensive. Things get lost in translation on the' net. :thumbsup2

As for Ivy...we know what happens when people assume.

I think you read her answer incorrectly. She was saying, no, the filet/****s tape is not wrong, but using it to hold the material on is against the rules. Just interpretation, but that is how I read it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter