Proof of vaccination - LA

dx4100

Earning My Ears
Hey all

Will be come from the UK in a few weeks and was wondering about proving vaccination to get into resturants.

In the UK we prove vaccination via an app supplied by our national health service - it shows all the doses with QR codes. Its what we use to gain entry to the USA.

I was wondering though if I show it to a restaurant worker would they be used to seeing Digital Proof like this as I know a lot of USA citizens just show vaccination cards. We can also request vaccination letters in the UK which I have done so I should also have a paper copy. Just wondering if I should suspect any issues.

Thanks

I live in LA and have only been asked to show vaccine at one restaurant, but asked at several museums and concerts.

Hey all

Will be come from the UK in a few weeks and was wondering about proving vaccination to get into resturants.

In the UK we prove vaccination via an app supplied by our national health service - it shows all the doses with QR codes. Its what we use to gain entry to the USA.

I was wondering though if I show it to a restaurant worker would they be used to seeing Digital Proof like this as I know a lot of USA citizens just show vaccination cards. We can also request vaccination letters in the UK which I have done so I should also have a paper copy. Just wondering if I should suspect any issues.

Thanks
We get asked to show proof of vaccination regularly at restaurants, theaters, museums, concerts, etc. in L.A. There is a slight difference between the regulations for L.A. City vs. L.A. County. City regulations are more strict, so we just use those as our guideline. Digital vaccine cards are fine -- no one has ever questioned ours -- as long as your digital cards show the dates of your vaccinations/booster, you should be fine. (Some people just show a photo of their physical vaccine card -- those work fine, too.) Usually we also are asked to show government issued photo ID, but not always. It can't hurt to have that ready (passport?) to show, just in case you are asked for it.

Last edited:
Yes digital works fine in LA. In the surrounding counties (Orange/Riverside/Santa Barbara/San Bernardino) I have never been asked for proof of vaccination other than at a concert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter