proof of vmk re-opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://mainstreetvmk.blogspot.com/ <---- could this be the answer to our prayers?

As much as I'd love to believe it - I don't think it's happening..
VMK.com said:
VMK launched as a part of the Disneyland 50th Celebration and is now closed. Disney.com continues to create experiences to amaze our guests and we hope that all of our VMK friends will continue to join us.

Recently we've received inquiries asking if VMK is reopening - there are no plans to reopen VMK in any form.

Ev

I dont know why everyone is getting so worked up about this rumor, why would they go to so much trouble of keeping a new VMK quiet? Why not just announce that they are making a new VMK?

I'm gonna have to go and say any thing said in a virtual world can be photoshoped, I really hope that isn't the case though. But anyone can just make a TikiT account it's not like it has VFK_ in it.

You know what I'd really like to know? Why is VMK.com's webpage still open with like tons of other games they could play? What I mean is, why isn't the website page deleted? I know on the website it says that it's closed, but if that's so then how come the VMK staff or whoever still kept the website up? :confused:

I believe it still might re-open. After all the site is still up and all they said is they have no plans to open it right now but that doesn't mean they might open it up within the next month or so to a year. The kingdom keepers sequel is bound to have people asking what vmk was like and then disney could use that to their advantage by opening it back up and making it pay to play. You never know with disney. They might change their minds on this. They could make it bigger by adding on other parks to the game. ;)

I found this on VFKcentral boards in a vmk coming back thread.

Is VMK Really coming back? What do you think?

On May 8 2008 7:00AM U.S. Pacific Time Yavn announced VMK would close forever.

On May 14 2008 9:14PM U.S. Pacific Time Host_Lily declared VMK would open in roughly seven months.

On May 20 2008 9:54PM U.S. Paficic Time Yavn declared VMK would open in roughly seven months.

So, both Host_Lily and Yavn both said VMK would open in roughly seven months. But, Yavn also said VMK would close FOREVER.

Meaning, do you think there is hope?

Link here : http://www.vfkcentral.com/showthread.php?t=550&page=2

You know what I'd really like to know? Why is VMK.com's webpage still open with like tons of other games they could play? What I mean is, why isn't the website page deleted? I know on the website it says that it's closed, but if that's so then how come the VMK staff or whoever still kept the website up? :confused:

Have you SEEN the advertising on that page?? they own the site may as well put it to SOME use.
They won't take that site down for a while because people still try to go there looking for updates and things and they are BLASTED with ads for other Disney games and attractions.

Yeah. Everytime I see an advertisement for those games... oh I get so mad! Anyways, some people say they went on vacation all summer long and have been asking "where is vmk!?" Weird huh? I guess its kind of nice to have there just in case someone thinks their internet is broken or something because vmk wont open...
Im not sure if those are true about TikiT and host hula and Yavn, it just seem like there are so many tumors and all. I hope they are true though, I would glove (heh) vmk to open up asap.

I found this on VFKcentral boards in a vmk coming back thread.

Is VMK Really coming back? What do you think?

On May 8 2008 7:00AM U.S. Pacific Time Yavn announced VMK would close forever.

On May 14 2008 9:14PM U.S. Pacific Time Host_Lily declared VMK would open in roughly seven months.

On May 20 2008 9:54PM U.S. Paficic Time Yavn declared VMK would open in roughly seven months.

So, both Host_Lily and Yavn both said VMK would open in roughly seven months. But, Yavn also said VMK would close FOREVER.

Meaning, do you think there is hope?

Link here : http://www.vfkcentral.com/showthread.php?t=550&page=2

Ill, I am sorry this is another bad rumor passed along, just like the first one with TikiT. I really hate to see people getting others excited by passing around a rumor.

Ill, I am sorry this is another bad rumor passed along, just like the first one with TikiT. I really hate to see people getting others excited by passing around a rumor.

Thanks Dis, I wasn't getting myself excited this time, I knew that both were just rumors. Just showing what I saw.

Sorry if this is mean, but whenever you hear a new rumor, look at this image.

CropperCapture49.jpg

Have you SEEN the advertising on that page?? they own the site may as well put it to SOME use.
They won't take that site down for a while because people still try to go there looking for updates and things and they are BLASTED with ads for other Disney games and attractions.

Yeah but why do they keep updating the homepage i mean wouldn't they leave it alone?? just a wonderin' C:

Yeah but why do they keep updating the homepage i mean wouldn't they leave it alone?? just a wonderin' C:
It just could be that they knew the new Kingdom Keepers book was coming out and would mention VMK.com! Once the curious go there they will get bombarded with ads for other pay games. Those that weren't hurt by the sudden closure (and events leading up to it) of VMK just may click on some of those ads and eventually give Disney money for a game.

yeah i wish it was true but i dont think they will be reopening they already have vfk which i must say is pretty horrible in comparison to vmk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter