proposing

Billpowerrock

Disney Nut
i ve just graduated college, i m in the process of sending out resumes and thinking about the future-greatly. i was planning a trip to disney this january with my gf, as a kind of graduation party, but those plans fell through, but i have not forgotten about disney.
ok to make a long story short

i m planning on in some way or form, prob in 2004(ok is a long time away) to ask my gf to marry me, an di want to do it in disney

anyone have any experience with this, stories and such

alot of things on my mind, just get excitedthinking about stuff like this

bill the historian

being proposed at Disney World........ how romantic!!

i have seen couple proposing at Disney World. The place was the Cinderella Royal Table in Magic Kingdom. The future-groom made an arrangment with the restaurant so that a window seat was reserved for the couple. Of course, the future-bride did not konw. Therefore, half-way through the dinner, the future-groom started proposing, and the ring was brought by the staff on a ring pillow. Of course, people seated around them applause after the future-bride said yes! And they watched the fireworks outside of the window.

I think it is very romantic!!

The proposal at CRT is great.....and free!! I worked there on the college program and saw TONS of proposals. To do that, make a PS, tell dining you will be proposing, then contact the managers either ahead of time, or when you arrive. (We have the pillow and tray right in the kitchen....and if you get Phil as the manager he usually goes and gets flowers too!!) They will set it up for you! I saw one guy propose, in front of their whole family...and she said "sure" like she didnt mean it, and sat on her hand the whole night....yikes! But I have also seen the greatest, happiest proposals!

I was proposed to in Disney in December of 2001...and yes we are going back there for our honeymoon.

I remember it was our first night there, a Saturday. We had spent the whole day at the MK...around 8ish(?) during the Spectro Magic Parade, I notice he keeps pulling me towards the castle. I'm not a parade fan, so I like to hit the rides during parades (less lines). We decided to stop into Sleepy Hollow for a coffee and wait for the parade to pass. As we were sitting there, drinking our coffee, he gets down on one knee and proposes.

No fireworks
No flowers
No pillow/tray.

Just the man I love proposing to me.

You can propose ANYWHERE in the world, and it'll be memorable to your beloved.

Best of luck to you.

We got engaged at DisneyWorld in 2000!! It was amazing! I have never heard a better engagement story in my life, of course I am a little bias!! My husband actually worked with someone down there and had the whole thing arranged, I don't know if they still do that or not. But they had packages you could pick from. Ours was in the rose garden during the fireworks. There was a nice loveseat there for us along with a dozen roses and a string quartet played for us. The whole thing was videotaped. We stayed there for a while and then as they were walking us out I thought we were leaving and there was a yacht that took us for a cruise around the seven seas lagoon. Then a limo took us back to our hotel room. It was simply amazing. Plus I have the video to remember it all by (like I could ever forget). It was an amazing evening and something that WOWWED me beyond belief!! It was quite costly though, of course I don't know how much it was but I am sure it was pretty expensive!! Since you are just getting out of school might not be something you want to do but like I said I have not heard many stories that top mine!! But again I am a little bias!! Good luck with your plans!! Let me know if you want to look into that option and I will ask my husband who you can contact. smbodenr@iupui.edu

that's sweet terry...but how did your honey propose to you?

mine may not have had all the bells and whistles...but it's just as memorable to me as anything else...I will never forget it.

I am so sorry if my message came across the wrong way I didn't mean to downgrade your proposal at all. I think having the love of your life propose to you is amazing no matter if it is in the middle of Wal-mart or on top of the Eifle Tower! I just wanted to share my story. As I said I am just a little biased! I hope you have an amazing marriage and a wonderful honeymoon at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter