• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pros of a B2B

Cheerio

DIS Veteran
I'm a 4x cruiser with DCL and always 7 nights. I find them relaxed, lots of time to do things etc. We badly want to sail on the Wish, our only option should we want to be on the ocean for 7 nights is a B2B, so tell me, does the debark/embark really take a long time? I don't want to 'waste' a day, it was worse with the muster drill in there but I am trying to see the positives - two sailaway parties, two days at CC, two days possibly at Nassau which we've never been to. Is it a faster pace, to try and "cram" it all in there?
Trying to decide if we do the wish or maybe Fantasy again and wait for the next ship to be built.

I'm a 4x cruiser with DCL and always 7 nights. I find them relaxed, lots of time to do things etc. We badly want to sail on the Wish, our only option should we want to be on the ocean for 7 nights is a B2B, so tell me, does the debark/embark really take a long time? I don't want to 'waste' a day, it was worse with the muster drill in there but I am trying to see the positives - two sailaway parties, two days at CC, two days possibly at Nassau which we've never been to. Is it a faster pace, to try and "cram" it all in there?
Trying to decide if we do the wish or maybe Fantasy again and wait for the next ship to be built.
Well, on the turn around day, you'll still be getting up early, although, if you're in the same room for both cruises, you won't have to pack up. You do need to get off the ship (with ID and stuff to occupy your time while off the ship) and re-check in/board.

To me, yes, it's a bit of a wasted day. But others don't mind it.

I was just talking with the hubby about the same thing. Three days is just too short to really see all the stuff it looks like the wish has to offer. We have been on a 3 day dream sailing and it was exhausting trying to see everything, especially trying to dine at Palo and Remy. We are also thinking we need to do a b2b cruise for the wish. I think it’s usually more expensive to do it that way vs a 7 day cruise. The plus side for us is it will put us over the edge to platinum cruisers since he have done 8 DCL sailings.

We did a B2B on the Magic in Europe. On our disembark/embark day, we got off the ship and explored the area on our own. We then checked back in later in the day when the embarkation crowds subsided. It really wasn't any trouble at all. Perhaps consider doing something close to Port Canaveral for a few hours and making it an "excursion" day. You could go to Cocoa beach or Kennedy Space Center?

Thanks all. We'll be in a large group so will be getting off/right back on.
I'll price it out once our dates are available, hopefully it's not too much higher!

You can hang out on the ship relaxing the morning of the first debarkation. When they call for everyone to leave, you can stroll on out with your passport, KTTW card, cellphone, and a book. Once you head past customs, head on back up the stairs and relax in the empty port canaveral terminal. They just updated it. You will get to check-in before everyone else when they open up. It was about a 90 minute turnaround time. You can get back on the ship first, just after after they clear customs. Then you have an empty ship to explore all to yourself. Enjoy a free Cove Cafe coffee. Be the first to lunch. Have an early pool day afternoon with lighter traffic.

We enjoyed our Dream B2B very much. Had a second chance at everything. Same dining team. Changed from late to early seating before the second cruise even started.

When we sail the Wish, it will definitely be a B2B.

We've done B2Bs once on the Wonder and twice on the Dream. I really enjoy doing it. You do spend a little time off the ship in between but it definitely doesn't feel like a wasted day, especially when you get back on and have the pool and deck to yourself. ;)

CC is the only port I really care about so getting there twice is a huge plus for me. Once we even went 3 times since one of the cruises was a double dip.

B2Bs gives you a chance to see they shows and then do something else at that time on the next cruise. Also if you miss 1 MDR for Palo or Remy, you will get that meal on the next cruise.

Another perk for platinum guests is you get 1 complimentary Palo meal per cruise so we did brunch on the 4 night and dinner on the 3 night.

Good luck deciding!

We've done B2Bs once on the Wonder and twice on the Dream. I really enjoy doing it. You do spend a little time off the ship in between but it definitely doesn't feel like a wasted day, especially when you get back on and have the pool and deck to yourself. ;)

CC is the only port I really care about so getting there twice is a huge plus for me. Once we even went 3 times since one of the cruises was a double dip.

B2Bs gives you a chance to see they shows and then do something else at that time on the next cruise. Also if you miss 1 MDR for Palo or Remy, you will get that meal on the next cruise.

Another perk for platinum guests is you get 1 complimentary Palo meal per cruise so we did brunch on the 4 night and dinner on the 3 night.

Good luck deciding!

This.

We have done b2b multiple times on the Magic out of Miami, 4+5 twice and 5+5 once. We are booked for a 5+5 next January, along with the two Hawaii cruises (so 10+10) and the Norwegian Fjords + British Isles in September. We definitely prefer longer cruises (and sea days). Right now, we plan to shoot for a January 2023 3+4 (or 4+3) to experience the Wish, even though we otherwise have sailed mainly on the classic ships. Otherwise, the options are simply too short for our taste.

We are definitely planning on booking a b2b on the Wish, as I feel 3 or 4 nights alone is too darn short! We are doing our first b2b next August on the Magic in Europe, so hoping to book a b2b on the Wish for sometime in 2023.

I think what I would like most is getting to skip an evening show or MDR and enjoy an empty pool without feeling like missing out. Two muster drills, two nights of rough seas leaving florida (with seasickness), and repeat menus would be the downsides for me.

You, Me - Castaway Cay - Same!! Three times in the space of a week would be heavenly.

We have a Fantasy cruise in April 2022, that would make us platinum. I didn’t consider the two free meal benefit!!!

🤔🤔🤔 Over here now strongly considering B2B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter