• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PS 4 - Buy now or wait?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
My ds-16, wants a PS 4 for Christmas.
Do you think it will be sold out by Thanksgiving?
If so, I'll purchase now or don't know if I should wait until Thanksgiving night and purchase online for possibly a better price.
Thank you.

Not sure you will see a better price by waiting...better bundles possibly, but the price of consoles themselves are rarely marked down for Black Friday sales...instead they put together attractive bundles with hot games...so still might be worth looking at the ads online to see if those bundles are appealing. If not, go ahead and order one.

They might sell out closer to Christmas, but this is the second Christmas they are available so it won't be anything like last year where they were sold out right away.

Not sure you will see a better price by waiting...better bundles possibly, but the price of consoles themselves are rarely marked down for Black Friday sales...instead they put together attractive bundles with hot games...so still might be worth looking at the ads online to see if those bundles are appealing. If not, go ahead and order one.

They might sell out closer to Christmas, but this is the second Christmas they are available so it won't be anything like last year where they were sold out right away.

Thank you. This is very helpful. I'll confirm with my ds that he wants this and then purchase.

Thanks!

Thank you. This is very helpful. I'll confirm with my ds that he wants this and then purchase.

Thanks!

We just purchased my son one for his birthday. There were some pretty good bundle deals on Wal-Mart.com. Make sure to get the extra controller

We just purchased my son one for his birthday. There were some pretty good bundle deals on Wal-Mart.com. Make sure to get the extra controller

Extra Controller...DING! very important...and stay stocked up on batteries, or buy one of those recharging docking stations for the controllers.

I was watching a program on TV (Dateline or something like that) and it was about Black Friday sales. They showed examples of some Black Friday sales: for example: say a jacket that will be $99 on Black Friday. But then they showed the same store and same jacket at the same price about a week ago. They did it over and over with different stores and items. At the end of it all, basically they were saying that just because it's for sale on Black Friday doesn't make it the best price. The show did say (their "experts") the best time to shop is the Sunday to Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Is it true? Who knows, but I will be watching prices on things I still need to get.

I was watching a program on TV (Dateline or something like that) and it was about Black Friday sales. They showed examples of some Black Friday sales: for example: say a jacket that will be $99 on Black Friday. But then they showed the same store and same jacket at the same price about a week ago. They did it over and over with different stores and items. At the end of it all, basically they were saying that just because it's for sale on Black Friday doesn't make it the best price. The show did say (their "experts") the best time to shop is the Sunday to Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Is it true? Who knows, but I will be watching prices on things I still need to get.

I am not a huge BF shopper, but I have found this to typically be true for me in the past 4 years or so. In fact, last year and finished my Christmas shopping during the week of Thanksgiving. I did look at the BF sales and found either the same or slightly better pricing on everything I planned to get. I have also found the days around Dec 10, when the guarantee by Christmas regular delivery is need that some prices are better too.

Thank you all.
My dh and I went to Best Buy on Saturday and purchased the PS4, GTA and some other game my ds plays so I just decided to get it and not stress about it. I was not going out on Friday shopping so this was good enough LOL
There were 3 other people in the store at the time I was getting the PS4, doing the same in case anyone is wondering if they are still going to be popular.

Happy shopping all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter