PS necessary 12-10 to 12-16?

musicmom3

DIS Veteran
Hi! We're leaving in a week for a really unexpected trip--Pop Warner cheer nationals--and I haven't had a chance to plan our days around the various team events. Also, we won't know many of our events until we arrive in Florida. Do you think we'll have a decent chance of being able to walk into restaurants without a PS, especially if we go at off times? We're thinking we would like to try Kona Cafe, Concourse Steakhouse, Cinderella's Royal Castle, and Le Cellier. My impression is that this is a very slow time of year, but then again, with all the cheerleaders and football players...! Thanks for any information!

you will probably be lucky w/all the ones listed except cinderella's royal table. good luck!:tongue:

There is not much you can do about preplanning due to not knowing your schedule ahead of time. I personally would consider making PS once you arrive at WDW and get a schedule of the cheering events, especially if there are restaurants you really want to try. Early December does tend to be a slower time at WDW, however that does not mean that you will be able to walk in at all restaurants when you want to eat. We tend to make PS for all sit down restaurants, regardless of when we visit. On our last early Dec visit we had PS one day for Sci-Fi at 12:00, and when we arrived to check-in there was a group of 4 ahead of us being told that they would not be able to get in, without a PS, until 2:30! I would think that you should not have too many problems getting into Kona or Concourse, without PS, but CRT and Le Cellier could be more difficult as they are quite popular!

You're right, it can't hurt to make PS's for the sit-downs, especially since we have never eaten at CRT and it seems it would be a fitting conclusion to this trip! I just hate working under pressure on the fly...I really am such a plodding planner! Thanks for the reality check and the good advice.

Le Cellier can get crowded sometimes as well--just read a Post where they were turning away would-be diners in some numbers.

I would rather have PS arrangements than not.You will get to eat where and closer to the time you want to with them rather than not having.I'm not trying to be a know it all I just feel better when I have my PS arrangements.No matter what have a safe trip and magical time at WDW.::yes:: :goodvibes :hyper: :wave2:

musicmom3 -

Not to discount all the great advice about PS, just want to let you know my personal experience. We have gone at peak and non-peak times (not Dec. however, first time next wee!) and have gotten PS at nearly every restaurant on the same day. I would plan for the hard-to-get (e.g. CRT, Hoop-De-Doo, etc.) in advance, though.

I am a planner, so I usually get PS for each day before we leave, but many times we change our minds once we get to WDW, and I just call "Dining" from the park, and have always gotten a table.

Just to give you some hope! Good luck and have a great trip!:teeth:

I would definitely make a PS for CRT & Le Cellier as they are some of the most popular restaurants on property.

As for the others you can do walk ins or make a PS that Day.
IF you are thinking about going during the busiest time which is around 7pm then I would recommend the PS. But if you are early dinners, like 5-6pm you should be ok for walk ins.

I just made the PS's and I'm glad I did. Le Cellier was booked at the time I wanted, so I had to choose an alternate time. Apparently the Candlelight Procession has a dinner package associated with Le Cellier, which makes it fill very quickly. Imagine if I was a walk-in! I got my time at CRT, and now feel good that I am all set. One less thing to worry about....!

We had no PS's in AUg and when we got there we called dinning on the house phone and made them. If we couldn't get one for the time we wanted we found another place. Just be flexible.

Dona princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter