PSA: Do Not Leave Food in Strollers

A bag big enough to carry lunches for 7 people (3 of whom are the never ending pits of growing children) is not a bag I would wish anyone to have to take on rides with them. :scared:

Where do you sit to eat with seven people? There are hardly any single benches around, never mind enough space for seven! Be prepared for birds and squirrels to come at you if you sit on/near the ground, BTW. They are pretty aggressive.

Try a big safety pin through the zipper and bag. I'm pretty sure they can't break into that.

They can just chew around it.

Also - saw a rat in MK trip before last, so it's not just squirrels and birds you need to watch out for if you bring in food. You're much better off carrying anything edible with you at all times, or leaving snacks in your room and buying meals in the park, and eating at the designated tables.

A bag big enough to carry lunches for 7 people (3 of whom are the never ending pits of growing children) is not a bag I would wish anyone to have to take on rides with them. :scared:

Multiple small bags. Littles can carry their food in a string bag if it doesn't need to be chilled. I've seen insulated string bags. Igloo makes the maxcold insulated backpack. We have two of them.

If it's important enough to bring in, it's important enough to protect from people and critters, and that means taking it on rides.

You have to be careful at the resorts, too. Last year when we were at Pop, I saw a family sitting at one of the tables outside the food court, and I watched a big black bird swoop down and grab a potato chip off a lady's plate. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks those kettle chips are delicious.

The birds outside the American adventure pavilion in world showcase are terrifying. And aggressive. My husband was inside grabbing condiments and I had my kid in a stroller and a table full of food, and the birds started closing in. Tall ones bigger than a 3 year old.

I was like a deer in the headlights- grab DD and run inside (leaving our just bought cheeseburgers up for grabs) or run with the food first and come back for DD.... Luckily my DH came out just in time so I yelled for him to grab the food and I took off with the stroller.

His confused face was priceless.

I'm completely on board with you. I hate carrying bags. Just pack for 8 and leave a sandwich made with the bread heels on top for the squirrels/birds to steal, then it's a win for everyone involved! :rotfl2:

As I've mentioned before, we bring all of our own food in, family of 5. So when we eat dinner, it's a BIG bag. I completely agree that the squirrels go after any open food...I've seen it. Same with birds. We use a soft sided cooler bag...the same one we've had for many years. I'd venture to guess we've brought it into WDW well over 100 times, maybe 200. Haven't had any issues. Zipper has never been opened, bag has no squirrel markings (bite marks, claw marks) on it. Should they ever figure out how to open the zipper...oh well, one meal lost...and I'll simply get a zip tie to hold the zipper shut for the next time.

I'm fully on board with the idea of never leaving open food in a stroller, or even just a simple plastic bag. But using our cooler, it's not a problem. Besides, if DS13 sees a squirrel going for his food, I pity that poor squirrel... :rotfl2:

That is so cute! Almost makes me want to randomly bring a stroller with food! We dont have squirrels in my country.

I watched a squirrel take an entire can of pringles out of a stroller and run off into the bushes with it. It took a little work for him to get the can up over the curb, but he did it :-).

During our last trip, on our way from Fantasyland to the HM...we walked by the stroller parking area beside Small World. We watched a squirrel perch himself on a stroller tray and proceed to eat the Goldfish crackers that were left on it. It was so comical...he just sat there and carefully ate one at a time. Like it was his own little table and he was eating a leisurely dinner.

That is so cute! Almost makes me want to randomly bring a stroller with food! We dont have squirrels in my country.

They stop being cute real quick. The ones at my old home used to scream at me if I walked outside and was too close to them. A gawd awful chirping sound. And they destroyed our outdoor furniture. Let's not forget the time one committed suicide on our power line and tripped the transformer thingee so that we went without power for hours. Hubby used to practise target shooting with them. Bow and arrow and pellet gun. Got 19 in very little time and it barely made a dent in the squirrel population on our acreage.

They stop being cute real quick. The ones at my old home used to scream at me if I walked outside and was too close to them. A gawd awful chirping sound. And they destroyed our outdoor furniture. Let's not forget the time one committed suicide on our power line and tripped the transformer thingee so that we went without power for hours. Hubby used to practise target shooting with them. Bow and arrow and pellet gun. Got 19 in very little time and it barely made a dent in the squirrel population on our acreage.
Some ate a hole in the siding on our old house : (
They really are pests, but at least the ones at WDW just take food.

Some ate a hole in the siding on our old house : (
They really are pests, but at least the ones at WDW just take food.

When the strollers are serving up a smorgasbord why would they need to stoop so low as to eat siding or any other non-transfat, sodium drench, over processed munchies.

If I could Photoshop I would merge the posted photo with one of Yogi Bear with catchy line about stealing picnic baskets-alas I am not tech savvy enough even though it's begging for it.

Last edited:
Where do you sit to eat with seven people? There are hardly any single benches around, never mind enough space for seven!

If you ever find yourself in that situation, the answer is Tom Sawyer Island.

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter