PTN: Carthay Circle Dining Package or Sonoma Reception?

Doingitagain

DIS Veteran
Which would have better viewing? I like the chairs at CC, but I am worried about sitting in the second row behind someone. Now that the PTN dessert party has been out for over a month, I am hoping someone has experienced both and has some thoughts.

We do not get to DLR very often, so I am hoping to optimize our experience. We already have a WOC dessert party booked another evening.

While the CCR Dining Package for PTN looks wonderful, it really isn't necessary if all you want is front row viewing/seating for the parade. The PTN parade route in DCA is long (!) -- almost a mile long -- which equals a lot of viewing spots. People have reported getting prime, front row, curb viewing with about an hour wait (less in some cases for the second parade). Some people have reported getting prime bench seats on the parade route with less than an hour wait for the second parade. CMs have told me that they estimate the benches are taken a little over an hour before the first parade. If those kind of viewing spots will work for you, then enjoy a great meal at CCR on its own without the PTN package. On the other hand, the WOC Dessert Party is totally worth it for the show viewing and seating (especially since no other package gives you an actual chair for WOC!).
Reviews for the Sonoma Terrace Reception on this forum have not been great -- I'd say they've been lukewarm, at best. One poster went so far to say that the people directly across the way had better viewing for free.

I agree and would not book a PTN package at all, personally. There have absolutely been good, front-row spots with less than an hour wait each time we’ve seen it (I think we’re up to five times).

I agree and would not book a PTN package at all, personally. There have absolutely been good, front-row spots with less than an hour wait each time we’ve seen it (I think we’re up to five times).
Did you go when there were two PTN parades in one night? I am wondering what it will be like when there is one PTN followed by one WOC.

People have reported getting prime, front row, curb viewing with about an hour wait (less in some cases for the second parade).

On Sunday, May 13th and Sunday, May 20th (both fairly busy days) we were able to get front row seating on the ground with around 30 minutes to go. There was only one parade both nights.

Which would have better viewing? I like the chairs at CC, but I am worried about sitting in the second row behind someone. Now that the PTN dessert party has been out for over a month, I am hoping someone has experienced both and has some thoughts.

We do not get to DLR very often, so I am hoping to optimize our experience. We already have a WOC dessert party booked another evening.

FYI, the PTN Reception is NOT a "dessert party." I wish it had been. We booked it thinking that was the case, but it's a charcuterie plate with some breads and wine/beer/specialty cocktail. You get a box with 4 chocolate truffles as you exit the reception. It definitely could benefit by being switched to a dessert party. The food on the plate was a weird mix of things that felt strange to be eating at close to 9pm.

Everything was COLD: grilled broccoli (?), grilled zuchinni, fresh mozzarella, manchego cheese, cheddar cheese, salami, ham, prosciutto, grapes, pepperoncini, grilled bell peppers

It was bizarre.

The seats were amazing though. And having a table with snacks was a bonus. I would have FAR preferred a dessert party, though.

FYI, the PTN Reception is NOT a "dessert party." I wish it had been. We booked it thinking that was the case, but it's a charcuterie plate with some breads and wine/beer/specialty cocktail. You get a box with 4 chocolate truffles as you exit the reception. It definitely could benefit by being switched to a dessert party. The food on the plate was a weird mix of things that felt strange to be eating at close to 9pm.

Everything was COLD: grilled broccoli (?), grilled zuchinni, fresh mozzarella, manchego cheese, cheddar cheese, salami, ham, prosciutto, grapes, pepperoncini, grilled bell peppers

It was bizarre.

The seats were amazing though. And having a table with snacks was a bonus. I would have FAR preferred a dessert party, though.
As someone who doesn’t eat a lot of sweets this sounds amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter