PTR August 20-29 2014 - COMPLETED

Afternoon DisBoards. I have really been lacking in this PTR but to be honest not much has been happening where the trip is concerned. So I thought I would post my ADRs so far.. trying to decide it all else is going to be QS

Yak & Yeti Restaurant
Date: Thursday, August 21, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM

Sanaa
Date: Thursday, August 21, 2014
Time: 7:50 PM

1900 Park Fare
Date: Friday, August 22, 2014
Time: 9:15 AM

Artist Point
Date: Friday, August 22, 2014
Time: 7:10 PM

Garden View Tea Room
Date: Monday, August 25, 2014
Time: 12:50 PM

Be Our Guest Restaurant
Date: Monday, August 25, 2014
Time: 9:20 PM

Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Time: 1:00 PM

Rose & Crown Pub
Date: Thursday, August 28, 2014
Time: 9:20 PM

The Hollywood Brown Derby
Date: Friday, August 29, 2014
Time: 12:00 PM

Next are the park plans

Here are our park schedule

Thursday, August 21, 2014 - Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Friday, August 22, 2014 - Magic Kingdom® Park
Saturday, August 23, 2014 - Typhoon Lagoon, Disney's Hollywood Studios® Villian Party
Sunday, August 24, 2014 - Epcot®
Monday, August 25, 2014 - Magic Kingdom® Park
Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - Disney's Hollywood Studios®
Wednesday August 27 2014 - DTD
Thursday, August 28, 2014 - Epcot®
Friday, August 29, 2014 - Disney's Hollywood Studios®

As of today we are 31 days to flying out..:cool1::cool1: BUT our Magic Express tags haven't arrived and I am getting anxious..:sad2: Our first set of Magic bands are being made and delivered to the Kadini and BW will be done on the 24th

Finished online check in and made the room requests. Not sure what we will get for Kadani as the system was messy up so I now have Upper floor, near lobby, lower floor...:rotfl: so I may end up on the lawn...

Over the last couple of weeks I have been watching many Disney movies, Frozen, Brave, Saving Mr Banks as I have the movie network. AND I joined groups on FB for not only the August trip but getting a deal on Memory Maker..:thumbsup2 DH and I didn't feel that the $150 US price tag was worth it for 2 adults jumped at the chance to join a group on FB for it.

I want to Thank everyone who has taken the time to read and follow along on this PTR, I truly appreciate it.

I stumbled across this PTR from the August group on the DIS and then got excited as I realized that we are connected on Facebook!

On top of starting our trip at the same time, at the same resort, we are also going to Typhoon Lagoon on Saturday the 23rd...I think we've entered the Twilight Zone :)

Because our waitlist for AKL came through, we are now at AKL until Saturday when we move to our home resort of SSR, we may TRY to go to Welcome Home Wednesday at the Boardwalk, which will ensure my getting the buffalo wings from Boardwalk to Go!

Not that you asked but our schedule is to relax around the resorts Wednesday and Thursday (heading to OKW to hang out by the pool with friends) then things will get hectic from there...we are doing all 4 park in 3 days, plus an extra day at TL...thank you park hopper.

~Friday we are starting at HS and ending with Epcot (do you abbreviate an acronym?)
~Saturday TL and then maybe DTD or WL (and my BIL & SIL arrive!)
~Sunday is AK, lunch at Askershus in Epcot, followed by MK
~Monday is MK with a ADR for dinner at Raglan Road with extended family then HS to end the trip with my DD's favorite show, Fantasmic

We don't do the dining plan so we typically eat counter service because its so much cheaper but on our trip in January we introduced our DD to character meals, so now we have to do at least one each trip!

Hi Jessse:hippie: WELCOME

Okay it sounds like we will be stalking each other...:rotfl2: I know we are hoping to meet by the pool on the 20th..will need after the flight.

Wow you are going to be busy doing 3 park in one day..did you get FP+ and for which park...

I didnt know that the park hopper allowed the water parks..I thought you had to buy the water options plus

I want to change our BOG to a lunch on the 25th but if I cant then dinner will do. Just cancelled both Artist Point (Epcot is open late) and Hollywood Derby ( leaving that day) and neitehr DH and I want to take nice clothes..;)

We are trying to stick with a carry on each so I am not sure why I worrying about the Magic Express tickets..:confused3

Since we got extra days at AKV, we are actually contemplating going to Welcome Home Wednesday at the Atlantic Beach Club. We are very excited for our first trip as DVC members!

Our FPes are set for Epcot on Friday afternoon, AK on Sunday morning and MK on Monday morning. I know that we would be ok without them at AK, except that our goal is to get there for the EMH and ride EE 7 times in a row, we’ll see if the lines cooperate! We are pretty easy going and don’t stress about seeing everything: if we do great, if not, there’s always next time. The only thing DD was insistent on was Anna & Elsa and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

I see that I was confusing in my excitement! We do have park hoppers to allow us to bounce all over for the 3 days but we also added the water options for TL. We didn’t close on our points in time to get the DVC member discount on APs so we opted to buy 10-day, non-expiring, park hopping, water options plus tickets. Expensive yes, but it will get us a few years worth of vacations since we know we will definitely be back! Plus, when we did the math it made sense for us.

We eat at QS for most of our trips so nicer clothes are not necessary—it’s t-shirts and shorts for us, unless we are there in January and it’s literally freezing, like it was this past January! Although, we’ve never been in August before so I’m worried about the heat…DD and I may be wearing sundresses since they are just cooler.

You are worrying about Magical Express tickets just because it’s another step in the excitement! By the way, very cool that you are going to the Villain’s Party!

As you know I was getting worried and they finally showed up,

A little back story, I have worked in the federal government for 25 yrs now, 20 years military and 5 years civilian, well at certain times they give civilians gifts for long sevice and you get to choose from a selection.

I could pick from rings to earings but thought this would get better use:dance3:

Hi everyone

I got back from the trip and we had a blast but I won't be doing a trip report as it is a lot of work and I have come to realize I like reading them more then writing them.

THANKS FOR FOLLOWING!!!!

Cheers

It was great meeting you and Tim! I'm glad you had a great trip and you didn't melt!

And now to plan the next one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter