PTR: Cruising into my 30s on the Disney Dream!! 3/20 Sailing

TinkerbellLuvr7

Tinkerbellluvr7
Hello Friends!!!! I'm back!!!!​
After a hiatus of a couple of years, I'm finally back with a PTR for my 2nd Disney Cruise!!!!

Can't wait for you to join me on this adventure from leaving my 20's behind and sailing into my 30s!

Cast of Characters...

Me (Megan)

I'm currently 29 (30 in March!). I'm still a teacher in Orlando and work at WDW (DHS) Seasonally! I've lived in Orlando almost 4 years now and lot has changed in the last few years but I don't regret a thing! Between now and June 1st, I will be running my first Disney 10k, moving to a new apt, turning 30!, going on a cruise, ending the school year, and finishing up requirements for my Montessori Teacher training. I loved loved loved my first cruise in 2013(not so much who I went with now haha), but I'm looking forward to making new memories on this cruise with my Mom!!!!

Mom (Chris)

Mom lives with my dad (not traveling with us this time) and they live in South/Western PA. Mom is happily retired and is looking forward to our first Mother/Daughter cruise!

Here are some pics of us over the years!

~Disney's Vero Beach Resort last summer

~Norway Princess Dining in 2013

~Disneyland 1986

How The Trip Came to Be...​

Jokingly for Christmas and early birthday, I had said I wanted a cruise…

Never did I thought I would get it!! On Christmas morning, I opened a few small items and then a very thin box…

I asked for a Crock Pot and electric can opener and those were not it! I was so excited and cried! I hadn't been on a cruise since 2013 and loved every second of it…I needed to make new memories..New memories for me and for entering my 30s! After MUCH deliberation and scenarios…we finally decided to go in March instead of May…

3 Night Disney Dream Cruise it was!

Sadly due to the $$$ travel season both June and March, we are only taking the 3 night but 3 is better than no night!

By January 14th (Thanks to the help of our DU TA,) we were booked on the March 20th Disney Dream!

Hi Megan

I came over to the cruise side as my friend is taking her first cruise in December and has a pre trip going.

Happy to see you have one as well :thumbsup2

Can't wait to follow along

What a great Christmas/Birthday Gift

:cheer2:

Hi Megan

I came over to the cruise side as my friend is taking her first cruise in December and has a pre trip going.

Happy to see you have one as well :thumbsup2

Can't wait to follow along

What a great Christmas/Birthday Gift

:cheer2:

:welcome:

I know I promised an update last week but life has been crazy!! In the next 3 weeks I have to: prepare and run a huge event for my school this Saturday, write reports for 22 kids without a teacher work day, pack for moving, pack for the 10k race, run the race/be with family, and move on the 23-24th! I feel like I can't even be fully excited about this cruise until the end of this month and after the move!!

I will be back soon with an update, I promise!!!

I'm in!! We are doing the same cruise in December so I was thrilled to see this. It is our first cruise. I am cruising with my 2 adult daughters, my best friend and her adult daughter. What a great place to be to celebrate your 30th birthday!

WOW, you sure do have a lot on your plate. Good luck on your race and with moving!!!

Will be here when you ready to update \:mickeyjum

Hi Megan :)

How was your first Princess run this morning?? Hope you had fun!! (Despite the chilly start!)

I'm in!! We are doing the same cruise in December so I was thrilled to see this. It is our first cruise. I am cruising with my 2 adult daughters, my best friend and her adult daughter. What a great place to be to celebrate your 30th birthday!

WOW, you sure do have a lot on your plate. Good luck on your race and with moving!!!

Will be here when you ready to update \:mickeyjum
Hi Megan :)

How was your first Princess run this morning?? Hope you had fun!! (Despite the chilly start!)

Thank you everyone!!!! It was freezing but we managed to keep warm with the NASA blankets they gave us!!

Hi everyone!!!!

Thank you so much for sticking with me!!

I will be back this weekend and can't believe it's only 21 days till my cruise!!! Sadly a FL resident discount came up but it's not for our cruise and we can't switch…here's to bad luck I guess! Oh well, we will make the most of the 3 night and pretend it was the cheaper 4 night option! haha

The biggest accomplishment of the week…I FINISHED THE 10K!!!!! I will be back this weekend with details but wanted to thank everyone for the kind words of encouragement and I'm glad to be settled into my new apt and have the race over with….and get into full birthday trip planning mode!!!!

Updates!!!!!

Hi Friends!!!!

Sorry for being MIA. It seems like since I've moved, life has been so busy!

This is the eve before my 30th birthday! Tomorrow is my 30th birthday and my mom arrives!!!

Since I haven't posted a schedule or anything for that matter, I'm going to stay up (I'm not really going to sleep anyways!) and doing a monster post of this trip!!!

SCHEDULE:

Thursday, March 19, 2015:

30TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Around 7:00am, I'll be checking into…

It wasn't our first pick but I got a good rate and we will only be there to sleep and eat breakfast!

I'll be working at my school day day. We are going to have special party food and treats for the kids and other teachers. In the afternoon, we have plans to go to the playground and then show the children Big Hero 6!!! I have yet to watch it so hopefully I can catch a glimpse of it!

After work, I'll be collecting mom at the airport. Her flight arrives at 5:10pm. We will kill time at the resort until our ADR at 8:10pm for:

After dinner, we will head back to the resort and crash until the morning!

Friday, March 20, 2015

Mom and I will wake up, have breakfast, and load the car!

My plan is to leave at 9:00am for the Port. We have a Port Arrival Time of 10:45am so I'd like to get there early like I did two years ago and explore/relax before boarding!

When we board, we will have lunch at Cabanas, hopefully swim, explore the ship, and get ready for our stateroom!

We are booked in a 7a stateroom which is an obstructed view with Verandah. We are exactly two rooms down from my room 2 years ago. It is close to the forward elevator and will offer great views of Nassau/Atlantis and Castaway Cay!

Our first night is just standard cruise casual! We will watch the show and explore the gift shops of course!

Saturday, March 21, 2015

NASSAU DAY!

We will eat breakfast at Cabanas and get ready for the day!

Mom has never been to Nassau so when she was given the choice between an excursion or Palo Brunch (yes they are serving it on the 3 night!)/ explore Nassau on our own….she chose…

We will be doing the Atlantis Beach Day which is the same port adventure I did two years ago. It offers the beach, a new "world", and freedom to return to the ship anytime after 1:00pm. Runners up included: Blue Lagoon and some Boat Tours.

We will have lunch at Atlantis and enjoy the day! The current weather for Saturday is:

Perfect Weather!

Mid afternoon, we will return to the ship, passing through the mini straw market (since I'm not sure where the real one is,) and enjoy the ship! Two years ago, our ship did not leave until 2am so the shops were not open at night but it did offer great views of Nassau night life when the Carnival ship left the port. I'm hoping this isn't the case this year because that means we'll only have 2 days of shopping on the ship!

This is also Pirate Night! I thought I had a pic of my shirt from Etsy but I can't seem to find it. It's a black shirt with red glitter Minnie Pirate! After the Pirate Night (complete with the buffet,) we will head to bed!

Sunday, March 22, 2015

CASTAWAY CAY DAY!!!!

I plan on waking up early and participating in the 5k. Since I did the 10k and finished, I figured why not try the *free* 5k?! I say this now but we'll see! I didn't get to sign up for the 5k in November at WDW so I'm thinking I should do this one..plus the medal is pretty cool!

After the race (If I do it, ha) mom and I will hit the beach! The weather for Sunday is looking pretty good too!

We will head back to the ship mid afternoon and get ready for the night! In the past they've had the optional dress-up which I hope is the case because I have a beautiful sequin dress that I'll be wearing!

We will also have to pack up and decide if we want to leave our bags outside the door or not!

Monday, March 23, 2015

This is the day we have to exit the ship! It will be a sad day! I've only every done a 4 night cruise and I already know I'll miss having that day at sea to just sleep in and enjoy the ship!

Instead…we will leave Port Canaveral and head back to WDW and check into…

Except this time, we won't be in just any ordinary room…we are staying Club Level!!! I was able to get a great rate and couldn't pass it up..plus there weren't too many other options!

For lunch, I was able to get an ADR at 1:15 for:

I ate at BOG last week with my friends and it was flawless…especially when you pre-order! We also have FP booked for Peter Pan, Space Mt, and BTMt so we'll see what we do and don't do. I'm assuming at some point, mom will want to see Epcot for the Flower and Garden show!

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mom leaves this day :( Her flight is at 10:20am (ish??) so we will get up, have breakfast in the lounge and I'll take her to the airport. Afterwards (weather permitting,) I will use the pool at the resort and then head home to get ready for 3 days of work at WDW!

This is just the basic schedule as it is…I can't wait to see in the next few days what stays and what goes!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!

I've basically spent most of the night packing. My alarm will go off at 5:30am (5 hours from right now,) and I hope I have everything!!

Here are some packing pics (to make up for not updating at all!!!)

Door Signs:

Binder and Booklet:

Our basket from Dreams Unlimited Travel. It was mailed to me since they can no longer put them in staterooms:

My Cruise Box that held everything from toiletries to books, packing lists to new swim suits! It's pretty much empty now! (photo bucket wouldn't let me edit it..too late at night!)

Gifts for mom!

Pre and Post night bags with mom's gift:

Bags I'll carry on the ship and my larger bag that I'll check with the porters

And finally..my mani/pedi for the trip!!

I guess that's it for now!! I better head to bed so I can get some rest then get up early, load my car, and check into All Star Movies before I head to work for the day!

**Thanks everyone for following along!! Not sure if I'll post again before the trip but if you would like to follow me on FB, please PM me so I can add you!!!**

:tinker::bday:

Have a great cruise!! :beach: Relax, enjoy and have a few Drinks of the Day! :drinking1 I see a few more Mom/Daughter cruises in your future after your Mom realizes just how wonderful days on (and off) the ship can be :thumbsup2

:bday: Have a great vacation! I can hardly wait to hear all about it!!

Hope you had a great time on the ship. Cant wait ot hear all about it. Happy Belated Birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter