• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTR December & Celebrating Health (and June wedding planning journal)

amyy

<font color=royalblue> I do pat them out on a flou
Hi All,

I did start a report last year but only one or two people read it. I like doing a trip report because it will drive my DBF nuts if he has to hear me keep talking about the details. It makes me happy to talk about details and this seemed like the perfect format.

I don't post a lot but some of you that were on the Community Board last Christmas may remember me. My mom was hospitalized that day and I took it very , very hard. People on the DIS boards really got me through that night and I get tears in my eyes thinking about it.

I am also the same daughter who had her mom hospitalized the 1st day of our trip last summer. My goodness, it seems like so long ago but also like just yesterday. It was a nightmare of a trip in a lot of ways.

Then there was the recent surprise Valentine's trip this year. I came home from work and my DBF had the luggage on the bed, roses and chocolate. A few night in Key West and a Few Nights in Disney. The first day we were there the flu hit me hard. Our first night in Key West I had a temp of 102 or 103. At least I could lay in bed and look out at the ocean. By the time we got to Disney we couldn't even make it to the parks. It was so sad, we couldn't even make it to the food court. We laid in bed and ate snacks we had brought.

We were suppose to be going in Aug to the AKL Club Level as a gift from my mom. Booked our tickets, room etc because what else could happen. This time it was something good-I am buying a house. Closing tomorrow morning but I feel it is more important to work on my trip report then packing :)

Delta gave us a credit but we have to fly by 01/10. Looking around I found cheap flights 12/09 to 12/13 plus with free dining .......We are going for it!! It seems kind of crazy to go for just 4 nights but heck it has been a crazy year. And I guess we are crazy considering we are going to Disney a few months after buying a house (that we did not pay cash for).

So there will be me, Amyy and her DBF (darling boyfriend). Our 2 adorable cats, Spook and Noel, will hold down the fort in central Maine while we are gone. I do work on a teacher's contract but we are allowed personal days and I am taking three of them.

I love, love, love Christmas and Disney and it hasn't sunk in I will be going to Disney during the Christmas season. !!!!!!!!

So far we have (adding on as the list grows)
* booked at POR from 12/09 to 12/13.
*bought tickets to MVMCP on 12/10
*4 day Park Hopper Tickets
*free dinning (and we love to dine)
*Randy Chapman photo shoot
*Wishes dessert party
*2 tours
I need to look into a resort photo shoot during the holidays, Plus getting a photo pass.

If you haven't noticed a trip report is kind of like a conversation with me. The sentence aren't prefect, paragraph development isn't there either. It is mostly me talking out loud on paper.

I really appreciate anyone who has made it this far. I hope that even if you are not at Disney you will be celebrating something wonderful this Holiday season.

Again, I want to thank those who got me through last year. It feels so good that things are starting to turn around. Thank you from the bottom of my hear.

I'll be back with more details in another post and try to be a bit more organized.

Wedding Details
*dress-pg 2
*location-SBP in late June
*Mickey & Minnie at the cake cutting at SBP
*Escape wedding at this point
*lunch at the Napa room at the Contemporary
*dessert pary at Sago Cay-menu pg 3
*considering Randy for the wedding just waiting to hear back on the cost

We are getting down to the final details. Except since I last posted we became engaged :yay: I would kind of like to add a Disney wedding to the plans but not sure how that would work on such short notice. I do plan to look into it. He had plans to ask we during out trip in Feb but we were both so sick, then he planned to ask this summer at Disney but we bought a house instead so he asked around my birthday.

This morning I booked 2 holiday tours and the MK dessert party.

The Holiday Delight Tour is a new one this year. It starts at 5:00 and we get to see the Castle lit up, Osborne Lights and the Candlelight Processional. I can't believe we will get to see so much in one night. Now I have to change all our other plans because we had a night planned just for Osborne Lights and one for the Candlelight Processional. We planned on seeing the castle during MVMCP (with supper at the California Grill)

Since they be our only trip at Christmas we are going all out and booked the Yuletide Fantasy tour too. We booked the 9:00 time slot and hopefully get to see the decorations without the crowds.

Since I love dessert we have also booked the Dessert Party for Sat night. I think that will count as supper for the night.

Now that we have some "extra" time due to the Holiday Delight tour I am thinking of tring to fit in Ice at Gaylord Palms. Or a wedding :)

Something nice and simple after the whirlwind year you've had is just the ticket. Where better than the best place on earth. We will be down there in dec as well. DH and I will be in WL 11/28-12/06. Celebrating 25 yrs together and we honeymooned in Disney. Best way to start a magical life together. by the way congrats on the engagement, and I hope this year bring more peace to your life. Great on the house too the continuous money trap home sweet home lol. I also drive my Dh crazy with talk of Disney so here I am. By the my name is Tammy, I'm a young 47 and love eeyore and squirt. Oh and my crazy family.:santa:Ilove Christmas ,too.

I would be really interested in more info about the Hdt never heard of it before and there is no info on Disney site.

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for reading. Here is some info on the Holiday Delight Tour. I think they are only doing it 2x per week. It is 4 or 4 /1/2 hours long and you get to see the 3 main events i mentioned.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286619

It is looking like December is too quick to throw a wedding together so now it might be in June. I have called Disney cruise to see about the date and am now waiting for them to get back to me. My mom will being going with us and offered to help out with most of the cost. If the cruise doesn't work out then we will do a wedding in the park. I can't believe I am going to have a Disney wedding.

Plus I can't beleive we will be there this December to take in all the Christmas decorations etc. I don't know if you like desserts but the pictures for the dessert party look so yummy.

Oh, yes my waist line shows how much I like desserts. A June wedding sounds wonderful. Our 24th anniversary is June 3rd we had a perfect wedding in a park on the Chesapeake bay. We were married on a pier.It seems like forever ago and just yesterday. I think it's great that your mom is going to help. No matter where , when or how, It will be perfect.pixiedust::cake: Especially if there is cake.

Thank you so much for the info gonna talk it over with DH and see what he says. Sound like fun. Lots of CHRISTMAS my favorite.

This looks AWESOME I just showed my Dh and he said go for it . I'm gonna see if we can get it for MVMCP on Dec. 1st. There goes those new pants I just bought. Just need more time on the ab lounger.:rotfl2:

YEAH!! It is such a good price for a great selection of desserts. We aren't even having a meal that night. My only fear is we fly out the next day and I hope I am not sick.

There goes your new pants-there goes my wedding dress I haven't even bought yet :)

You will have to fill me in because we aren't there until later in the month.

I just got ressie for Wishes Dessert Party for Nov 30th and now I'm hungry and it's all your fault thank you !!!!!!!!!! When are you gonna be there and where are you staying????:cake::cake::Pinkbounc

I am glad you were able to get reservations to the dessert party.

As you read we will be there after you. We are staying at POR. That is the only place I have ever stayed. I think this is my 6th time. I really need to try something new but I love POR, the boat to DTD, river running through it etc.

I just booked Randy Chapman to take some engagements photos while we are there. He is mentioned often on the wedding boards. This will be before the dessert party :) I actually really want dessert tonight ...........

That sounds absolutely wonderful. I will let you know how the dessert party goes, I showed DH the pics and he asked why I hadn't already booked it. We have stayed in the poly and WL and one offsite. The WL is our fav we are talking about DVC maybe next year. Hope so this trip is mega expensive so far but you only live once right? We are gonna have to take a boat over to POR and take a peek around. It sounds beautiful.:santa:

Are you staying at the WL this trip? It will be beautiful with the decorations. I would love the Poly too. Anything near the MK. I think I mentioned we had plans for the AK this summer but bought a house instead.

Have you done the Segway tour out there? It is fun.

I agree-you only live once. That is why I booked 2 Holiday tours :) Yet, you would think since I only live once I wouldn't waste so much of it away on the internet :)

Haven't done the segway tour talked about it but couldn't fit it in to schedule. Oh, well just leaves more to plan for next trip. We were introduced to the WL thru my DSIS her family had DVC and WL is her home resort sooo for DS's 18th bday he asked for a trip to Disney and DSIS said ok. We all went me, DH, DS, DSGF and DSIS, DBIL, DNC, and DNPH. What a trip 12 days in August 2007. Hot and humid, had a ball so we are hooked on WL. It is one of the most beautiful resorts in Disney and I love the theme the best of all of the resorts we have seen. I can't wait to see it at Christmas I hear it's spectacular!!! My DM,DD, DSIS, DBIL and their kids will be there the 12 days before we get there it was suppose to be a joint trip but they changed dates for the kids school requirements. Too late I already had time off approved and ressies when I found out so we are keeping it this way. We leave maryland and head south the day they leave WDW and head home. WE"ll pass on 95. We have decided this is a time to reconnect for us. We are doing alot of restaraunts we couldn't go to cause the kids didn't want to, we are going to La Nouba, we want to spend alot of time visiting the other resorts to see Christmas decorations and this stuff bores the rest of the family. So here's to a little romance, rest and relaxation. And DESSERT of course.:hug::hug::banana::banana:I love the banana

Dontmindme

We were there in August 2007 too. Was it ever hot. Especially for a girl from Northern maine. It is nice your family get along well enough to vacation together :)

Where are you eating this time?

Thanks for continue to read my report. I think you are the only one :) I may post some wedding dresses. I just start a WISH journal on the WISH boards. Hopefully it will motivate me to eat better so I can fit into a wedding dress. Plus then when I pig out at the dessert party I won't feel quilty.

:hug: I refuse to feel guilty about the dessert party and we will be walking it off anyway. Can't wait to wedding dress choices. My baby sister bought mine for me and I swore no ruffles no lace. Guess what I looked like Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind at the bbq. The dress was beautiful and my DH actually picked it and since we got married in a park it turned out great. :hug: Anyway I'm still here and excited about all your news. We are heading to the renasaunce festival today and its absolutely beautiful out. I love the costumes and the food of course. It's just a fun day me, DH and maybe our son if I can get him out of bed. If not we'll just go without him and sell his ticket. :laughing:

we arrive Nov28th and have ressies at Planet Hollywood at 5 and La Nouba tickets at 9. Nov.29th Mama Melrose at 3 in dhs. Nov.30th Rainforest cafe in AK 4:30 and Wishes Dessert Party 7:15. Dec1st WCC in the Lodge Breakfast 9:25 then MVMCP.Dec2nd AK am rfc breakfast and DTD afternoon cs. Dec.3 Seaworld and WCC 8:20 dinner. Dec 4th Kona cafe 10:05 breakfast then Coarl Reef 7:10 Dinner in epcot. Dec 5th Supercalifragilistic at GF 9:10 am them afternoon at Epcot dinner at Teppan Edos 6:20. Dec 6th home to Maryland and 4 dogs, a ferret, real life..... so what do you think?:confused3

The festival sounds like fun.

You have some great reservations. Looks like you put a lot of thought into it. I have eaten at a few of them. Love Kona cafe.

Is there quite a selection at the food court at WL for breakfast? Seems we ate there once for lunch and I thought there were not a lot of options. Do people more often eat at the sit down place? Breakfast (and dessert) are my two favorite meals of the day.

We have a few people that are thinking of coming to the wedding. They could never afford the cruise. I am thinking I would like to upgrade from POR and maybe try staying at the WL (and have the wedding there if we only have a few people). I have to decide so I can sleep at night.

Oh, my age isn't that far off from yours. I am just starting marriage late in life :) I am 40.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter