PTR: Disney Fantasy Concierge – December 2014!

Sorry for not responding to your question earlier! It seemed like there were very few reviews on specific cabanas but #7 came up on a couple of threads. Others reported it was in a good location. When I put in my request I asked for #7 but if it wasn't available then I think I had asked for anything between #2 - #6. Although many people have said there is no bad option when it comes to the cabanas :thumbsup2

:thanks: I'll request #7 or below & see what I can get! :beach:

Thanks so much for this helpful information! We are taking our first Disney cruise in April 2015, concierge level on Fantasy (myself, DH 43, DD 10, and two "aunties," both 24). Your tips have been so helpful. Interesting about the cabana preferences. We, too, are hoping to book one at 125 days (we are PIF), but had not heard about the differences between them. Does anyone know where I might find out more about that?
Thanks!
kdegour23

Thanks so much for posting all of this great info! We just booked the 8/1 sailing on the Fantasy, also 1 bedroom Concierge. We are first time cruisers so I am now digging up any info I can find to educate myself. I'll be very interested in your trip report.

Well this is likely my last pre-trip report entry! I almost can't believe that it's really almost here!!! After what started as a 514 day countdown, we are down to the last few days :yay:

I’ll be looking forward to starting a full trip report on our adventure that's just days away from starting! Actually thinking about doing a trip report has been good because it's made me think consciously that I need to take good notes so I don't forget details and talk to the family regularly to get their feedback. With all that in mind I think we'll have the most details from this trip then most others we've done.

My family and I just got back from a great Thanksgiving weekend in Las Vegas, kind of a pre-vacation mini-trip. Truth be told my parents live there and we stay quite a ways off the strip. But it’s always a fun time and we LOVE having my parents there who will have the kids sleepover so my wife and I can enjoy a dinner out and a Vegas show. I have a feeling the kids will be asking grandma and grandpa to step it up after they get to experience the kids clubs on the Fantasy :rotfl:

I’m really glad that my parents will be coming our way tomorrow from Vegas to stay at our house while we’re gone. We are friend with our neighbors too so they watch our place for us as well and we have an alarm system (just couldn’t imagine not having one now days)! But we always feel better having a house sitter. It’s nice to have someone feeding my fish too.

I have to be honest I’m freaking out just a little bit. We got back from Vegas Monday which leaves us just a few days to pack, buy any last minute things and get all our goodies in order before we leave Thursday afternoon!! I have a list of items, making sure we have a few meds (allergy and basic medication we always like to have with us). I need to get 1 or 2 bottles of wine to take with us, very important. My son’s swimming goggles broke on our Vegas trip so we need a new pair of those. Batteries need to be charged for the cameras, and photos from this last weekend need to be downloaded and cleared. Whew!

We have 85% of our FE gifts ready, that was our job last night. We were actually short a few items for the last dozen or so. It really is a lot of gifts, I think the count was 60 individuals (not including ourselves) in 19 cabins. My wife is picking up the goodies to finish them off today. Also just getting back from 5 days out of town we have some laundry to get done and some clothes to bring to the drycleaners. Tomorrow night is my deadline for being packed and ready to roll out the door. Yikes!!

The kids have been super excited, we’re counting the days. 2 more sleeps! Or 2 more days of school or 2 more work days. :cool1:

I confirmed some last minute info regarding the Disney ground transfers. We got our cruise docs and one of the pages mentioned we purchased the transfers for round trip transportation from the MCO airport to the cruise terminal. However, there weren’t any physical paper tickets. Someone else on the forum kindly confirmed that there aren’t paper tickets and you check in at the Magical Express window at MCO. I’ll have my cruise docs with us of course in case they need the proof but I would also assume they have your information in their system.

We received late last week a Travel History and Health Questionnaire via email that we need to print and bring with us. There are only a few questions. It asks about any recent travel to West Africa or being in contact with anyone with a suspected or confirmed case of Ebola. Better safe than sorry I guess! It also asks if you are experiencing a fever AND sore throat, cough, runny nose, muscle aches or headaches. Last question is if anyone in the stateroom has developed symptoms of vomiting or diarrhea over the last 3 days.

It’s been one of my WORST fears for anyone to get sick right before the trip. In fact for the first time ever I had the whole family get the flu shot 3 or 4 weeks ago. I just couldn’t imagine if something like that happening. Fortunately we’re all doing great!! Feeling a little lagged after 5 days in Las Vegas though to be honest. In a perfect world I would have preferred a week or 2 buffer between out of town trips. Got a couple of nights to catch up on rest though so we should be ready to party!

I’m close enough now to the dates that I can start looking at the weather forecast. Things can change a great deal in a week+ but so far our weather forecast (for port days):

Day 1 (Port Canaveral) – 75 degrees, 10% precipitation, partly cloudy.
Day 4 (St Maarten) – 82 degrees, 20% precipitation, mostly sunny (Nice!)
Day 5 (San Juan) – 83 degrees, 20% precipitation, mostly sunny (Nice!)
Day 7 (Castaway Cay) – Forecast only goes to the day before we’re there. Calling for afternoon showers, high of 74, low of 71. Keeping fingers crossed this changes or the rain doesn’t continue through our Castaway day. I would like it slightly warmer with no rain!! Could use some pixie dust for this last day…

I'll still be checking in here and try to answer any questions if they come up before we depart. Otherwise I'll put a link to the trip report to be started shortly!

As my pal Mickey says, ::MickeyMo See Ya Real Soon!

--

I have been following along and cannot wait to hear how it all goes. I am hoping to take a March 2016 cruise and appreciate all of your great info. Have fun!:yay:

I have created a new username: MrDisneyFan. I'll post a link at the end and beginning of this thread shortly to my soon to be started trip report!

How do we join the gift exchange. Were hoping on the Fantasy in June & we have two kids and would really like to participate this year??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter