Public Animal Viewing - Jambo House

khaleesi

Life is a Special Occasion
Hi!! I have a dinner reservation at Boma and would love to wander around to see some animal friends. Where are the best places to do so if you're not staying at AKL?

Thanks so much!

You'll see giraffes, wildebeest, zebras, ankole cattle. If you go a bit early, the Victoria Falls Lounge is a good place for a drink. You can probably go outside to the patio from there, iirc.

We were at Boma last month. The bobotie and zebra domes were up to spec.

Walk through the lobby, all the way to the back, and go outside. That's the main animal viewing area. But you never know if you will see animals in that area at that time.

You also can go out near the pool. I seem to recall that you can see flamingos if you head right. I think there are other animals in that area but I can't remember.

Also, I don't know when you will be there, but you won't see much if it's after dark. The suns sets at 5:32 pm in Orlando today.

I'm sure someone else will give additional advice.

As others have suggested, there are 2 primary viewing areas at Animal Kingdom Lodge (see red ovals):

1668382025653.png

If you go out on the deck and you don't see much from there, look at further to your left or right and see if there are animals near the buildings. The animals tend to gather near each other so if you can see one others will likely be in proximity. Then, circle the 4th or 5th floors towards the area you saw the animals. There will be large windows in the hallway in between the stretches of guest rooms and you can often get great views of the animals from those windows.

I guess it depends when you're going. Right now, sun sets around 5:30p...not sure how much you're able to see after dark. I get to AKL tomorrow for 7 nights...can't wait...I'll be getting up by sunrise to try and catch as many animals as possible before heading to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter