Public Radio

We used to listen to a non-NPR public station in Pittsburgh, I still do listen online sometimes. WYEP 91.3, listener supported independent public radio. Alternative music, lesser known artists, folk, Americana, blues, bluegrass, reggae, etc.

There are a few NPR podcasts and shows I enjoy. I’m keeping most of their names to myself since the air is currently filled with “an air of controversy“. Unknowingly, I filled my quota for the day with car talk…oops.

If you really want to, you can pretty much listen to any station over the internet these days. That's one of the big worries with many smaller stations - that they'll be bypassed in favor of internet streaming.
I basically have moved on from commercial radio. I worked in that space for years and it died long ago.

Just to add, I have been listening to RadioParadise.com lately and love it. Definitely worth my donation each month. :rockband:

Yes, I enjoy public radio and listen to it a majority of time. In my area it's called Think Radio.

I enjoy the programs from WBUR and WHBH and look for the personalities on other media now.

Steve Inskeep has a book out that I'd like to read. I enjoy Kai Rysdall and Michelle Martin and Here and Now.

And local programs

I enjoy Kai Rysdall and Michelle Martin and Here and Now.

Kai Ryssdal has an interesting history. After he retired from his previous federal government career, he volunteered at KQED in San Francisco and eventually became a reporter and on-air host before he went to Marketplace.

And then there's this picture of him. It's not a mugshot.

Kai_Ryssdal_July_1985.jpg

We are a big public radio household. It's usually on throughout the day into the early evening (when we switch to Taylor Swift) and we are supporters of both our stations: WGBH and WBUR. NPR is our main source of news. We also love many shows like Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, The World, Travel with Rick Steves, and Zorba Pastor on your Health!

Do you listen to public broadcasting and if you do, what are your favourite shows?
I love Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, This American Life, All Things Considered..NPR is a valuable voice in the world and I am glad it is there.

Yes, I'm a regular NPR listener....WNYC is my station. I listen to The Brian Lehrer Show, This American Life, All Things Considered, Fresh Air. Then I also listen to a bunch of podcasts that are produced by public radio....etc.

Yes often listen to NPR in the car. While these are not always npr shows the ones I enjoy the most are Fresh Air, Here and Now, Wait Wait, and Story Corps.

Yes I love it and I have a Public Radio Nerd shirt. My local station has a show called Think and the host Krys Boyd is so smart and thoughtful. I have seen Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and The Moth performed live. Highly recommended!

I'm "pro" public radio but I can't say that I listen much. Radio is an in-car thing for me, and I'm in my car usually less than 30 minutes per week.

A common complaint about radio is that it all sounds the same, the commercials are awful, the hosts/djs are annoying, etc. Well, here is a product that is completely different from the rest. You don't have to like it or listen to it, but at least it's an alternative to everything else. It's nice to have that option.

I'm "pro" public radio but I can't say that I listen much. Radio is an in-car thing for me, and I'm in my car usually less than 30 minutes per week.

A common complaint about radio is that it all sounds the same, the commercials are awful, the hosts/djs are annoying, etc. Well, here is a product that is completely different from the rest. You don't have to like it or listen to it, but at least it's an alternative to everything else. It's nice to have that option.
That is why I have Sirrus/XM in both my cars, and Dish has it on their system too so I can listen at home. Never been a fan of talk radio and NPR, at least here, they have too many talk programs. And with the mess they have here that I mentioned earlier prompted them to drop a lot of their music programming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter