Public restroom-be very aware of your surroundings

Yeah, why is the standing thing even a thing?
I'll hold doors for anyone in the vicinity when I'm using it myself, that's just polite. Especially if they have their hands full. Nobody needs to go out of their way to open one for me.
I personally enjoy a show of respect every once in a while. I think it's nice. I immediately think, "that person was raised well." I, in turn, always hold doors for everyone and give up seats to the elderly etc. I also think we need to get over this attitude of "we're all equal and I don't need this or that". That to me is why no one is kind to anyone anymore. Everyone is afraid of offending someone because everyone seems to be looking to BE offended. It's a shame that kindness is becoming wrong. I always think about how my mom used to say, "In the end times, what's right will become wrong and what's wrong will become right." I thought she was crazy and that, that day would never come and people would never think like that....yet here we are.

I thought of this thread yesterday at work. I was at a small meeting with two men (both from Korea - though one from PRK and one from ROK). I left before they were finished and both stood up as I left (and asked if I needed help with my stuff - I had my laptop, notebook, and a bunch of cables).

I also thought about it and realise that I stand when someone (woman or man) comes to the table at a restaurant or leaves it. Not if they're just going to/coming from the restroom but if they are first coming or leaving the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter