Publix is here! Publix is here!

No milk is hormone free. The may source from producer that don't use artificial bovine somatotropin. Either way no difference.

I love Publix in FL. I wish they were in the northeast.
They are working their way north! Richmond, VA will be their newest market.

No milk is hormone free. The may source from producer that don't use artificial bovine somatotropin. Either way no difference.

I love Publix in FL. I wish they were in the northeast.

https://www.organicconsumers.org/ne...thern-us-bans-monsantos-bovine-growth-hormone

LAKELAND, Fla.--Publix Super Markets Inc. announced that beginning May 1, 2007 its private label brand milk, including whole, reduced fat, low fat, fat free, chocolate and low-fat chocolate, in all sizes, will be rbST (recombinant bovine somatotropin) free. Traditionally, rbST is a bioengineered hormone that is injected into cows to increase the cow's milk production.

"As a retailer devoted to customer satisfaction and highest quality of products, we wanted our customers to enjoy the wholesome goodness of milk, without added hormones," said director of media and community relations, Maria Brous. "Our Publix brand milk is Grade A pasteurized, certified Kosher and contains Vitamins A&D."

Publix is privately owned and operated by its 143,000 employees, with 2006 sales of $21.7 billion. Currently Publix has 901 stores in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee. The company has been named one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For in America" for 10 consecutive years. In addition, Publix's dedication to superior quality and customer service is recognized as tops in the grocery business, most recently by an American Customer Satisfaction Index survey. For more information, visit the company's Web site, www.publix.com

https://www.organicconsumers.org/ne...thern-us-bans-monsantos-bovine-growth-hormone

LAKELAND, Fla.--Publix Super Markets Inc. announced that beginning May 1, 2007 its private label brand milk, including whole, reduced fat, low fat, fat free, chocolate and low-fat chocolate, in all sizes, will be rbST (recombinant bovine somatotropin) free. Traditionally, rbST is a bioengineered hormone that is injected into cows to increase the cow's milk production.

"As a retailer devoted to customer satisfaction and highest quality of products, we wanted our customers to enjoy the wholesome goodness of milk, without added hormones," said director of media and community relations, Maria Brous. "Our Publix brand milk is Grade A pasteurized, certified Kosher and contains Vitamins A&D."

Publix is privately owned and operated by its 143,000 employees, with 2006 sales of $21.7 billion. Currently Publix has 901 stores in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee. The company has been named one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For in America" for 10 consecutive years. In addition, Publix's dedication to superior quality and customer service is recognized as tops in the grocery business, most recently by an American Customer Satisfaction Index survey. For more information, visit the company's Web site, www.publix.com

Right. Like like lots of other retailers they have asked producers not to use the rBST. That does not mean that the milk is hormone free. You are consuming an animal product. All milk (and meat ) has the animals own naturally occurring hormones in it. And numerous studies have found no difference in the milk from treated or untreated animals hence the little print on the label that says that. All the DairyPure brand labels have it here in PA. Growth hormone is species specific and digested in your stomach.

I just dislike when retailers add labels that create fear just to charge more. People need to be encouraged to eat healthy food no matter what price point they can afford.

Glad to hear Publix is in VA. We have Wegmans here. Our Weis and Price Choppers really need more competition besides Wal-Mart.

Right. Like like lots of other retailers they have asked producers not to use the rBST. That does not mean that the milk is hormone free. You are consuming an animal product. All milk (and meat ) has the animals own naturally occurring hormones in it. And numerous studies have found no difference in the milk from treated or untreated animals hence the little print on the label that says that. All the DairyPure brand labels have it here in PA. Growth hormone is species specific and digested in your stomach.

I just dislike when retailers add labels that create fear just to charge more. People need to be encouraged to eat healthy food no matter what price point they can afford.

Glad to hear Publix is in VA. We have Wegmans here. Our Weis and Price Choppers really need more competition besides Wal-Mart.
Our Wegman's is opening today! And yes Publix is buying stores that had to be sold thanks to the Food Lion Giant merger. I suspect they are headed north up 95 after Richmond. They have tough competition (Richmond is saturated with grocers) but I'm looking forward to having more options.

I like Publix, but their prices tend to be higher. Go for the BOGOs and sale items.

If you get an online account with Publix, you can print of a shopping list for your local store and it will tell you the aisle your items are located on!

Totally LOVE publix. We moved back up north for a few years and we were miserable with our supermarket, when we moved back to FL it was a happy day to walk back through those doors!

They've been building a new Publix, right up the road from us. While it's been interesting, watching it come together, I've been eagerly awaiting the actual opening, which I THOUGHT would be in October. Well, I just got a mailing, saying they're opening next week!

Now, I shopped Publix on WDW trips, so I'm somewhat familiar, but I'm hoping you Budget Board people can help me with what's good--and not-so-good--about shopping there. My other choices are Food Lion, Harris-Teeter, and Lowe's. And Super Walmart. Rumor has it that an Aldi's will be moving in nearby, but not until next year.

So, hit me with it: what are the best deals?

Are you in Wilmington? Our Publix opens next week and I can't wait!

Are you in Wilmington? Our Publix opens next week and I can't wait!

Yes, and I live around the corner! I literally could walk there! I hear that Aldi's is buying out the church (Pentacostal, maybe?) that's across the small street from the CVS--I will literally have three grocery stores within walking distance! Not that I actually walk, you understand--groceries for 6 would get heavy, fast--but it's so close that cherry-picking specials should be very easy. And I have two college kids, one of whom doesn't drive--he could easily walk or bike to any of the stores.

P.S. The Publix website also says that they'll be opening a store later, up in the Mayfaire area, if that's closer to you.

We love Publix when we are in Florida. I am a bargain hunter so love their BOGO's and will stock up when they are offered. My brother-in-law challenged me on how much I could save by shopping Walmart's double coupons so I compared the prices on everything I had gotten from Publix in my weekly shopping trip and what they would have been at Walmart with coupons. In my $36 worth of groceries, I would have saved less than 50 cents at Walmart - BUT, that week I had gotten one dozen free eggs from Publix.

Yes, and I live around the corner! I literally could walk there! I hear that Aldi's is buying out the church (Pentacostal, maybe?) that's across the small street from the CVS--I will literally have three grocery stores within walking distance! Not that I actually walk, you understand--groceries for 6 would get heavy, fast--but it's so close that cherry-picking specials should be very easy. And I have two college kids, one of whom doesn't drive--he could easily walk or bike to any of the stores.

P.S. The Publix website also says that they'll be opening a store later, up in the Mayfaire area, if that's closer to you.

Mayfaire is closer for us, but I will be making the journey to Pine Valley until then!!

Don't really see the big deal in Publix - no coupon doubles. We have them, but get excellent specials (BOGO's and double/triple couponing) and first class produce/meats, etc. at Harris Teeter even though a little pricey (not much different than Publix though).

Also, Kroger has been doing better the last year or so, so shop there - get fresh produce at Aldi's also. Also have Food Lion, Lowes, Target & Walmart if needed.

Publix is a bit hit and miss for me- I have Publix, Winn-Dixie, Sam's Club and Walmart all within a 10 mile radius. I shop them all depending on the deal. Go to IheartPublix.com Monday mornings she lists all of the upcoming BOGOs for the next sale and links whatever coupons may be available, mine starts on Wednesdays, other areas Thursdays. This really helps me to plan groceries ahead of time and see what will be on sale. Because of this site and the coupon matchups, I've been able to score some great deals! The bakery is amazing- I got my husband the Canoli Cake for his birthday a few weeks ago- it was delicious and a huge hit! I like their fresh baked breads and it's nice that in the bakery they have fresh pizza dough ready to pick up to make your own pizza at home. The deli is always really good. We like the sandwiches, the rotisserie chicken, and the fried chicken wings :) And like a PP said, their Publix brand ice cream IS really good and they have some unique flavors!

The cons for me are the meat prices. Winn Dixie is almost always cheaper and they have weekend specials lately. The only exception is at Thanksgiving time, they have their Publix brand turkeys on sale for like $0.59/lb. I usually by a couple for my freezer around $6 each!!! Publix produce is much higher than the other stores. I usually get my produce from Sam's or Winn Dixie for half the price.

I have 4 kids, so I shop almost exclusively at Publix (using bogos/coupons) vs Winn Dixie or Walmart (my only other options). I have a baby and a toddler, and every time I go to Publix with them both, someone offers to help me. I don't need the help, being an old hand at the pushing-the-stroller, pulling-the-cart deal by now, but it never fails. I use The Krazy Coupon Lady to plan our sales/coupons combos and I feed our family of 5 (the baby is breastfed at this point) for less than $150 a week. We eat almost all meals at home on that. Publix doesn't have to be super expensive--BUT, I know some areas have better options like Kroger that we don't have.

Mayfaire is closer for us, but I will be making the journey to Pine Valley until then!!

Well, welcome to Pine Valley for the short term! We really like it here--we moved in last year. Seriously, my DD13 thanks me weekly for having made the leap here from New Hampshire.

Publix is a bit hit and miss for me- I have Publix, Winn-Dixie, Sam's Club and Walmart all within a 10 mile radius. I shop them all depending on the deal. Go to IheartPublix.com Monday mornings she lists all of the upcoming BOGOs for the next sale and links whatever coupons may be available, mine starts on Wednesdays, other areas Thursdays. This really helps me to plan groceries ahead of time and see what will be on sale. Because of this site and the coupon matchups, I've been able to score some great deals! The bakery is amazing- I got my husband the Canoli Cake for his birthday a few weeks ago- it was delicious and a huge hit! I like their fresh baked breads and it's nice that in the bakery they have fresh pizza dough ready to pick up to make your own pizza at home. The deli is always really good. We like the sandwiches, the rotisserie chicken, and the fried chicken wings :) And like a PP said, their Publix brand ice cream IS really good and they have some unique flavors!

The cons for me are the meat prices. Winn Dixie is almost always cheaper and they have weekend specials lately. The only exception is at Thanksgiving time, they have their Publix brand turkeys on sale for like $0.59/lb. I usually by a couple for my freezer around $6 each!!! Publix produce is much higher than the other stores. I usually get my produce from Sam's or Winn Dixie for half the price.

For now, my main meat source is Sam's Club. I find decent specials elsewhere, but no one good "meat place".

I had already bookmarked IheartPublix, I will remember to check it out on Mondays. I'm still getting used to grocery sales running Wed.-Tues.--it was Sun.-Sat. up north. I will HAVE to come up with a good excuse to try the Canoli Cake! We had a birthday cake from Publix once, years ago--we were in FL for my youngest's birthday. I remember it being particularly tasty, but then again, it was vacation, I didn't have to make it, and we were "forced" to finish it off for breakfast before our flight home.

The big grocery chains are Publix and Kroger here. Overall, Publix is way more expensive. But their BOGO's are awesome. They also double coupons up to .50 cents, which Kroger doesn't do anymore. I'll look at Publix to stock up on BOGO items but otherwise the majority of my grocery shopping is done at Kroger.

Publix has great BOGO items every week. They also have digital coupons that you can clip online and redeem at the register (just enter your phone number in the keypad). They honor competitor coupons from other grocers too. Coupons up to $.50 double at the register. Familiarize yourself with the sales flyer, use the app, clip digital coupons & pick up the in-store coupons on every trip for the best budget friendly shopping experience.

Almost forgot about rain checks and incorrectly priced items. If an item is out of stock, you can get a rain check to purchase up to 10 of the item at the sale price within the next 30 days. If a price scans incorrectly, you get the first item free & the rest of the same items in your cart at incorrect price, if it is lower. YMMV, but I have had customer service apply coupons to my order when I forgot to give them to the cashier if I took my receipt to customer service following the transaction.

Publix by far has the best customer experience that I have experience at any major chain grocer!

It took me a bit to get used to shopping at Publix, but now I love it! I drive past Walmart to go to Publix. As others have mentioned, their BOGOs are really great. I also like their products - I like their yogurts over name brands, I always buy their cheese and butter. The one thing that I LOVE is how quickly I can get in and out of the store. If the lines are long, a manager will jump on a register to move the lines or pack groceries. I have even checked out at the pharmacy department or customer service.

It took me a bit to get used to shopping at Publix, but now I love it! I drive past Walmart to go to Publix. As others have mentioned, their BOGOs are really great. I also like their products - I like their yogurts over name brands, I always buy their cheese and butter. The one thing that I LOVE is how quickly I can get in and out of the store. If the lines are long, a manager will jump on a register to move the lines or pack groceries. I have even checked out at the pharmacy department or customer service.
Yes they do have great customer service, much better than walmart. Only place I have seen better customer service was at Trader Joes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter