Publix Recommendations

As others had said, I definitely recommend literally anything from Publix's hot foods and their subs/wraps! You can make family meals at the hot foods bar with a main entree, sides, and dinner rolls or cornbread. Their desserts are amazing too - sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and sometimes they have special cookies such as red velvet or heath bar cookies. If you're celebrating anything (or just because!) I recommend their cake or cupcakes/mini cupcakes. Their prepared potato and macaroni salads are delicious as well as their spinach and buffalo chicken dips. In addition, most Publix's have fresh-made sushi and they can even prepare you a custom roll. There's also a section for "Florida Local" items that's worth checking out. The items include yummy sauces, spices, dips, honey, chips, and other snacks.

Yogurt parfait, with fresh fruit and granola can be found over in the produce cases, along with fruit bowls, from single serving to family size
Publix Ice cream is really good...

The yoghurt parfaits are my go to for a quick breakfast option. Disney sells a similar item for about $5. Publix sells for $2 to $3 depending on sale - I've found them at 3 for $6. I usually drop by and pick them up for my DVC room when at Disney.

Now I must try their ice cream!

is there one close to WL?
WL is right in the middle of Disney so it pretty far from any off-site grocery store. The Publix near Animal Kingdom or the Celebration Publix are probably the easiest drive, but I would say at least 15 minutes for each.

Perhaps someone knows of an easier one to get to.

A few of the Publix bakeries have guava and cheese pastry bites that are wonderful. They are best reheated in a toaster oven. I like that we can buy a half of a key lime pie instead of a whole one.

We love their made to order sub sandwiches and rotisserie chicken. They have different seasoning options on their chicken.

We like the Publix on I drive near the mall on Vineland. One of our favorite unique restaurants, QKenan, is located in the same plaza on the side.

That Banana pudding ice cream sounds delicious. Is it a good dupe for people who are missing the banana soft serve on DCL?
We've never been on DCL, so I can't give you a good answer to that question (perhaps others can). I can tell you that it is delicious.

I have wondered about Publix Ice Creams. It was impossible to find egg nog ice cream this year . I noticed they had some after the holidays but I was worried about freezer burn and one of the containers looked like it had been opened. Thanks for recommendation. I can hardly wait for the holidays !
II don’t know who sources the carrot sticks at Publix but they always taste so much better than any other bag of carrots I have ever purchased. I keep thinking one of these days they might disappoint but nope! I live in Celebration so I prefer this location but will go to Publix across from Target near AK.

Need to know at their bakery department or on the cookie aisle?
I am currently addicted to Oreo peanut butter chocolate pie cookies.

Subs are great but Wawa is nearby now, so.....

Definitely get a piece of Publix yellow cake with butter cream icing. 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter