Publix

Publix is THE super market. It's clean, bright, great customer service, and a huge selection.

Their fried chicken is very good, as is the rotisserie chicken. the subs are fresh and can be made with Publix or Boar's Head deli meats. They have 3 different types of potato salad (NY style, southern, and homestyle) and 3 types of cole slaw (sweet, shredded, and traditional) so the PP who didn't like the sweet slaw could try one of the other varieties. I loved their carrot salad (before my doctor took me off raw foods, Publix carrot salad was my vice!). Their produce is very nice - I've never gotten anything there that was "bad" (unlike some other big name retailers where the fruit on top looked nice but everything underneath was rotten). The bakery is awesome! The bread is soft and fresh. The bagels, pastries, cookies, and Publix cakes are delicious. I bake everyone's cakes for their birthdays, but for my birthday I insist on a Publix cake!

Anyway, anything you get from Publix, you will not be disappointed.

What she said! :thumbsup2

They make a really good walnut or pecan Danish ring, and apple fritters, chocolate glazed donuts, etc.

Also their store brand ice cream is good.

I make my own macaroni and potato salad but I buy their coleslaw which is really good.

If you make your sandwiches from scratch, keep in mind that the rolls they sell are really, really light (in weight), so if you have big eaters they might want more than one sandwich.

My Publix sells fried chicken, roasted and lemon roasted chicken. All very tasty.

My family likes a regular potato salad that has sliced potatoes with mayo (I like chunky red bliss potatoes but no one else does), would that be NY style? :confused3

That would be their homestyle variety, it has red potatoes :thumbsup2

Their fried chicken is my absolute favorite, I like it better than anybody else's, and the subs are great. They also have good tea and lemonade by the 1/2 gallon and gallon. I like their potato salad (Southern style) and coleslaw (sweet). The bakery items are fresh and tasty too. It is my favorite grocery hands down.

Thank you everyone, you have given me some great shopping tips! My family loves Key Lime pie so we will definitely be adding that, as well as a rotisserie chicken. Boar's Head is the deli brand I usually buy so I am very happy to hear that they carry it.

My family likes a regular potato salad that has sliced potatoes with mayo (I like chunky red bliss potatoes but no one else does), would that be NY style? :confused3

I also have their red pepper hummus added on.

Do you think the fried chicken would be okay cold for lunch at Blizzard Beach?

I will keep checking back if there are any other favorites. :goodvibes

They actually have prepped cold fried chicken in the cases with the other prepared deli items (the meatloafs and such someone mentioned) It is very very good ... I usually buy it cold and eat it cold because I like it better cold.

This whole thread is making me hungry ... I haven't had anything from publix that I haven't loved ... their subs are amazing, and the sweet tea. Yum!

When ever we visit Ft. Myers. Fl my husband has to get the ultimate sub from the deli!

One tip I will give you is that there are a ton of Buy 1 Get 1 free items and you MUST buy 2 of that item (Here at the TN Publix you can buy 1 at half price). Also, all their fresh foods are amazing like everyone has said. Great produce/bakery/deli

One tip I will give you is that there are a ton of Buy 1 Get 1 free items and you MUST buy 2 of that item (Here at the TN Publix you can buy 1 at half price). Also, all their fresh foods are amazing like everyone has said. Great produce/bakery/deli

The laws in Tn & GA are totally different from Florida as are your competitors - that's why you're able to only buy one. I know it's confusing to visitors. But the food is amazing. If you can't find what you need just ask anyone in a green Publix uniform if you're in the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter