• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Puerto Vallarta - Pirate Ship Show Excursion

I❤MICKEY

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the pirate ship show excursion in Puerto Vallarta Mexico? Please tell me about your experience.

Was it good? Worth the cost? Did you have children and did they find it enjoyable? How was the breakfast? How was the lunch? Was the pirate show good or comparable to pirate night on DCL? How was the private beach? Was their beach/snorkel equipment in good condition? Would you do it again?

Debating if I should book through DCL or privately. It's $40 cheaper to book on my own so I'm leaning in that direction. Trying to figure out if there is a benefit for booking w/ DCL. I'm not concerned with missing the return time as anyone who books w/ DCL is on the same pirate ship. Based on the description I don't see any difference.

I❤MICKEY;50335485 said:
Has anyone done the pirate ship show excursion in Puerto Vallarta Mexico? Please tell me about your experience.

Debating if I should book through DCL or privately. It's $40 cheaper to book on my own so I'm leaning in that direction. Trying to figure out if there is a benefit for booking w/ DCL. I'm not concerned with missing the return time as anyone who books w/ DCL is on the same pirate ship. Based on the description I don't see any difference.

Are you sure you can book this excursion when you're coming from a Disney ship? Many port excursion operators have exclusive deals with cruiselines and will not book someone from a cruise, if they are supplying the ships excursion.

Are you sure you can book this excursion when you're coming from a Disney ship? Many port excursion operators have exclusive deals with cruiselines and will not book someone from a cruise, if they are supplying the ships excursion.

No, I'm not sure. But there isn't any type of disclosure or messaging on their website that indicates that there is like I've seen on other sites. I think it's hit/miss. I've experienced both (exclusive/non-exclusive). I think it really just depends on their agreement.

I will say that it is so annoying how much more it costs to book via DCL. Not to mention the added requirements. There are so many excursions that they have age requirements that are different from the operators website. I wish there was some consistency.

Honestly, I'm more interested in the excursion itself. Was it good? Worth the cost? Did you have children and did they find it enjoyable? How was the lunch? How was the dinner? Etc. I will edit my post to include this to make it clear. I can see how it may appear that I am more interested in the booking.

I❤MICKEY;50349752 said:
No, I'm not sure. But there isn't any type of disclosure or messaging on their website that indicates that there is like I've seen on other sites. I think it's hit/miss. I've experienced both (exclusive/non-exclusive). I think it really just depends on their agreement.

I will say that it is so annoying how much more it costs to book via DCL. Not to mention the added requirements. There are so many excursions that they have age requirements that are different from the operators website. I wish there was some consistency.

Honestly, I'm more interested in the excursion itself. Was it good? Worth the cost? Did you have children and did they find it enjoyable? How was the lunch? How was the dinner? Etc. I will edit my post to include this to make it clear. I can see how it may appear that I am more interested in the booking.

Go over to www.carnival.com click on shore excursions and Puerto Vallarta. There are a bunch of reviews for this excursion, and everyone loves it. I am doing it on a Carnival cruise in two months.

Go for it!

I'm also considering booking this for March. There's limited info out there- most love it, some hate it.
Have a great trip, whatever you decide!!
Also be sure to let us know what you think!!

We did this excursion and loved it!!! It was so much fun very family friendly. Me and my daughter were even picked to participate in a baby food feeding challenge ( not at my request lol). I would recommend this to everyone!!!! :banana:

Thank you everyone. Now I just need to determine if I can book directly or need to go thru DCL. :)

I❤MICKEY;50353583 said:
Thank you everyone. Now I just need to determine if I can book directly or need to go thru DCL. :)

Typically you can't, but I'm not sure about DCL.
The positive of booking a ship excursion is that if you're running late, the ship will wait. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter