Pull-Apart cake recipe that uses Fridge Biscuits?

d.kurz

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I have 3 rolls of refrigerator biscuits that are about to go past due. Years ago I had a recipe for a sinful treat that involved cutting up biscuits and putting them in a cake pan with....brown sugar, cinnamon?, LOTS of butter, maybe raisins? Anyone have such a recipe??

Thanks!

My scouts call this monkey bread. I'll see if I can find you the recipe.

My recipe is for dutch oven cooking while camping, but these sound about right. I think I usually do one more like the second, but the nuts sound good for fall, don't they? Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Monkey Bread
Ingredients:

3 cans refrigerated biscuits, 10 each count
3/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts
TOPPING;
3/4 cup butter/margarine
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Monkey Bread
Directions: Cut each biscuit in quarters and shake in mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Drop into bundt pan. Sprinkle with nuts. In a small pan, combine topping ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour over biscuits in the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Turn out right away on a plate when done. Perfect for coffee breaks.

Ingredients:

1-2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup margarine
4 tubes of refrigerator biscuits (10 per package)
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Directions: Wash your hands, preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a bundt pan with vegetable oil, mix cinnamon and nutmeg with 2/3 cup sugar in a plastic bag. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Then put them in the sugar and spice bag and shake well, place the coated pieces in the greased pan. Melt the margarine in a saucepan over low heat, add 1 cup sugar and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, boil for 1 minute. Pour the margarine over the pan of biscuits. Bake for 40-45 mintues. Immediately turn over the pan onto a serving plate, cool and ENJOY.

Thanks! I'll try that. I love the one that starts with "wash your hands"!!! That's funny!

LOL! I didn't even catch that. Hope it's good. Of course, you can't really go wrong with sugar, butter, cinnamon, etc! It's bound to be yummy.

Had some monkey bread today. Sooooo good!

I make that in a regular loaf pan. I cut the biscuits in quarters, dip in melted butter, and then dip in sugar with cinnamon. I bake them at the temp on the biscuit can but I think it takes more like 45 minutes to cook. I just check on them until it's done. If it's a little doughy, it's okay with me.

(Sorry. I don't use many recipes. I just throw stuff together. :))

Boy this brings back memories, have been looking for this recipe for years- at least 15 or so! I love monkey bread!!!!!

You can also use this method to make an Italian herb bread by dipping in melted butter and rolling in a mixture of garlic, parsley, oregano, and basel. yumm

Originally posted by chessie
You can also use this method to make an Italian herb bread by dipping in melted butter and rolling in a mixture of garlic, parsley, oregano, and basel. yumm

This sounds good. When you say garlic, do you mean fresh, chopped garlic, or garlic powder or garlic salt??

My friend uses fresh garlic, but I am sure you could use the dried or the type that comes in a jar.

My mother used to make a cake like that, but she rolled the roll peices around a nut a think. It was good. She would bake it in her tube pan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter