• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pull Down Beds (Murphy Style) instead of Sleeper Sofas?

DVCBillyJoeBob

Earning My Ears
Sorry if it has been asked, but did a search and did not find.

Which DVC resorts / rooms have the newer style pull down beds in place of the sleeper sofas?

Planning a Flower and Garden trip in 2020 and need a studio with the pull down.

Thanks in advance,
BJB

I thought Riviera was going to be the first to have this, now I’m curious to see if I’m mistaken.

Thanks. Not sure if I will be able to book there @ 7 months though. If so, that would be a great option. I am hoping other studios (MK or Epcot) will have them in refurbs by spring 2020.

I believe that SSR will be getting the pull-down beds as the villas are renovated starting this summer. But there are no guarantees that the changes will be completed by Fall 2020. Judging by the speed with which OKW was done, the odds are against you getting a studio with one of those beds at SSR that year.

The announcement made at the annual meeting had all DVC Resorts eventually getting the pull down Murphy beds to replace the pull-out couch, and, as to already open resorts, that begins with the SSR refurb this year and others will be done as they come up for refurb (which means the entire process will take numerous years). The schedule given at that time has refurbs beginning:

SSR: 2019
Aulani: 2020
HHI, BRV, VGF: 2021
PVB: 2022

Riviera will have them when it opens

Last edited:
The announcement made at the annual meeting had all DVC Resorts eventually getting the pull down Murphy beds to replace the pull-out couch, and, as to already open resorts, that begins with the SSR refurb this year and others will be done as they come up for refurb (which means the entire process will take numerous years). The schedule given at that time has refurbs beginning:

SSR: 2019
Aulani: 2020
HHI, BRV, VGF: 2021
PVB: 2022

Riviera will have them when it opens
I'm assuming that it is only happening with Full Refurbs. Do we know what the case will be? Be nice if it did happen at the Soft (VGF and PVB for example).

I'm assuming that it is only happening with Full Refurbs. Do we know what the case will be? Be nice if it did happen at the Soft (VGF and PVB for example).

They said the Murphy beds would come with refurbs and provided the refurb schedule but those two things were not presented together so I am guessing you are correct.

I believe that SSR will be getting the pull-down beds as the villas are renovated starting this summer. But there are no guarantees that the changes will be completed by Fall 2020. Judging by the speed with which OKW was done, the odds are against you getting a studio with one of those beds at SSR that year.

This is the rumor that I've seen and am hoping for, since SSR is our home resort and we enjoy staying there. The murphy beds at ASM in the newly refurbed rooms are just as comfortable as the "full-time" beds, a HUGE improvement over the sofabeds, and the rendering I've seen for SSR where the couch is integrated into the murphy bed looks like it's the best of both worlds.

Haven't seen any timelines for completion of refurbs though unfortunately.

This is the rumor that I've seen and am hoping for, since SSR is our home resort and we enjoy staying there.
I will say DVCMC has specifically said SSR (so good news for you not even a rumor) will get these as will all other DVC Resorts with their refurbishments (I'm assuming they meant hard goods so full refurbishment which means BRV is next after SSR to get these).

I will say DVCMC has specifically said SSR (so good news for you not even a rumor) will get these as will all other DVC Resorts with their refurbishments (I'm assuming they meant hard goods so full refurbishment which means BRV is next after SSR to get these).

:yay: awesome!

Do you know if they are also adding the under-TV folddown single beds to 1BRs and studios ala Poly and VGF?

Do you know if they are also adding the under-TV folddown single beds to 1BRs and studios ala Poly and VGF?
That wasn't stated at the meeting. Anything on that is speculation as it wasn't reported to be seen in the test rooms either.

In the master? I hope it never happens.
I think they meant in the living room like VGF, which from the layout might make it nearly impossible unless the room loses the chair. But I haven't heard anything definitive either way.

The one bedrooms that do not have the murphy bed in the respective studio have a twin sized sleeper chair (OKW, BLT, AKV).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter