Pull out sofa bed comfortable?

Lisa2rogers

Earning My Ears
We are trying to decide on a one bedroom or a two bedroom unit. We were wondering if anyone has slept on the pull out sofa and if it is comfortable or if we should upgrade to a two bedroom to be more comfortable and not have to deal with the pull out. We have found that some are good and some are not. Thoughts?

We are trying to decide on a one bedroom or a two bedroom unit. We were wondering if anyone has slept on the pull out sofa and if it is comfortable or if we should upgrade to a two bedroom to be more comfortable and not have to deal with the pull out. We have found that some are good and some are not. Thoughts?

Our daughter slept on the pull out sofa back in 2019 and found it just fine.

I think the pull-out is more comfy than the beds, so I sleep with the kids and my husband gets the bed all to himself. However, I think this a testament to how horrible the beds at Aulani are rather than how comfortable the pull-out is.

For reference, I'm an average size woman, 5'5 and wear a size medium in almost every brand. I could feel the supports when sitting on the foot of the bed, so I think anyone who is on the larger side might find the bed to be a better option.

I slept on the pull out for a week in 2018. It was horrendous. So uncomfortable. I even called to have extra blankets sent up to create some sort of padding, but it didn't help. I did spend a few nights sleeping on the captains pull out and it was a bit better.

I don't sleep on a lot of pull out couches but I found it quite comfortable and I am a very picky person when it comes to the comfort of mattresses.

I am short though (5'`1) and I think that might play a part in it.

Like others, we also have slept on the pull out and found it to be very comfortable.

We are here now and my 15 year old 6’1 son is sleeping on it now. He feels it is doable but would prefer a regular bed. He feels our bed is more comfortable and I can tell our bed needs a new mattress. Let’s put it this way the beds are doable but not the greatest.

I think the pull-out is more comfy than the beds, so I sleep with the kids and my husband gets the bed all to himself. However, I think this a testament to how horrible the beds at Aulani are rather than how comfortable the pull-out is.

We just got back from Aulani... and man, those were the worst hotel beds I have ever slept in! I really don't understand it- Hopefully when they do the refurb, this will get fixed! I thought about trying the couch bed, but never did! We still loved the hotel though!

We just got back from Aulani... and man, those were the worst hotel beds I have ever slept in! I really don't understand it- Hopefully when they do the refurb, this will get fixed! I thought about trying the couch bed, but never did! We still loved the hotel though!

I suspect the beds are rock hard to appeal to the Japanese clientele. But the Aulani beds are nowhere near as hard as some Japanese hotel beds I've slept in lol!

I’m sorry to say it but the best that can be said is it’s hit and miss. Some are tolerable others you can feel the bar all night. But, if you are deciding between one and two bedroom, if it’s just one person the pull down in the living room of the one bedroom is comfortable.

My thoughts are based on personally sleeping on it numerous times and I'm not a good sleeper. It was fine.

A few days ago I slept on the new BWV studio pull down Murphy Bed and it was WONDERFUL. No comparison whatsoever..

It will be very difficult to sleep on the pull out again and hoping in a few weeks when at BVC, we get a renovated studio with pull down Murphy bed.

In all honesty, some of the pullouts aren't bad, some are. Hopefully as each renovation takes place, all will have the wonderful Murphy beds. In the meantime, a think it's easier on a child than an adult to sleep on the old pullouts.

The pull out sofa beds at Aulani are the thick foam style ones. They are pretty comfortable. Kids will have no problem on them. Adults in good shape would be fine too. They are not the old style horrible sofa beds with the rods poking your back. But not quite as good as the new style Murphy pull downs. I would consider them totally fine to sleep on, but not luxurious or truly comfortable like the real beds.

Being an insomniac, once my wife nods off, I always move to a different room at home so as not to disturb her sleep with my flip-flopping and listening to podcasts all night.

At Aulani, our daughter always chooses the murphy bed, so I end up on the sofa bed (it’s either that or sleep in chairs on the balcony). I’m 6’ and solidly built, and find that the sofa bed is actually fairly comfortable, even for someone my size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter