Pumpkin Job -- recipe for the crockpot

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
This time of year I'm always looking for pumpkiny recipes. I came across this one today and though "wow this sounds easy." I thought my fellow DIS foodies might like it too. I got it here: http://southernfood.about.com/library/cprec/bl102_2.htm

Pumpkin Job

1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla
1 can evaporated milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bisquick
2 TBSP margarine
2 eggs

Spray crockery with non-stick spray. Beat ingredients together until smooth with a hand mixer.
Pour into crockery. Cook on Low 6-8 hours, High 3-4 hours. Spoon into cups and top with cool whip. Serves 6

Oh Beth - this sounds like something DH would like. He really enjoys pumpkin pies, but usually buys them at the grocery store. I think I'll surprise him with this one day this week.

Thanks!

This sounds great. I think I'll let my 12 DD help me with this one, she's always in the kitchen with me. Thanks for the post.
Missy:)

Sounds different and easy to do. Would make your house smell great, too.

:D I made this today. Yummy!! I went home @ lunch time, threw the stuff together. Took the crock pot to work plugged it in and the office smelled wonderful. The patients were all asking for the recipe( they hadn"t even tasted it). When the day was over and we had our office meeting it was ready, everyone wants the recipe. It was a hit!!! Beth E. Thanks for the great recipe. Missy

Okay, I must admit that when I first saw this recipe I wasn't too sure about it. But I fixed it yesterday and the family loved it. DS even ate some for breakfast this morning! Teenagers! So if you read this an are not sure about it, let me reassure you, it is yummy!

TK

I think I have everything I need to make this one. It sounds so easy that I think I'll give this a try one night this week. I'm not cooking much, but this sounds so yummy! Thanks.

I made this recipe this afternoon, but after having half of the things in the bowl I realized that I didn't have the condensed milk. I substituted regular milk, but only used half the amount - thinking that if you substitute 1/2 c evap milk plus 1/2 c water, then . . . Well, let's just say I wasn't thinking & let it go at that - okay? (Can we say "DUH?" The volume of the liquid is the same - just the consistency varies!) :rolleyes:

Anyway, my question is:

What is the consistency of this recipe supposed to be?

Mine turned out to be similar to a really moist bread pudding, maybe. Is it supposed to be more like cake or custard?

I made this for the office party and it was great. Like a pumpkin pie without
the crust. It got me to thinking....

What if I got one of those no-bake cheese cakes mixes and put it
into 1/2 of a cupcake paper and then put the pumpkin stuff on top.
Would it stiffen up when chilled? Maybe if I added more Bisquick?

What do you all think?

I don't know what it would do when chilled. We ate the whole thing! My crew loved it. I'll keep that recipe for sure. It was really easy to make, too.

It did "stiffen" some when chilled, but the kids nuked the leftovers so they could eat it with ice cream.

BTW - I had sliced some apple into mine & we really liked it that way. Just a little variation to the taste.

d

OOOOHHHH. The apple sounds good. Think I'll make a note on my recipe card that that is an option. Thanks.

Finally got around to trying this recipe. OMG it was grand! so easy!! I doubled the recipe
Next time I am going to experiment with using Equal instead of the sugar to cut the carbs a little bit. I added a little more spice too as I like my pumpkin spicY. Thanks it was sooo easy!

You know, this recipie has been on my mind ever since I saw it!!

I was thinking about trying it and the next thing I know, I'm in the grocery store buying the ingredients. :) Must be all those folks saying how good and easy it is! And I need both.

I want to bring something over to my mom's for Thanksgiving. And I'm almost ready to deliver our first child. (Dec. 10th is the date!) So it must be easy. Haven't felt much like cooking lately. This sounds like just the ticket! I think we'll bring along some french vanilla ice cream to go with it. And maybe set a bowl of chopped walnuts beside the crockpot. Sounds so yummy.

(Dang, I gotta go get another can of evaporated milk. Oh well. Just a little thing.)

Thanks for the recipie, Beth!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Annemarie

If you double this recipe, does it cook in the same amount of time? We loved it and I thought I might take it to MIL's for Thanksgiving or DM's for the day after.

I haven't doubled it, but it's only an approximate time anyway. I made this Saturday and left it in the crock pot on low after it was done. (Had cooked it on high to start) I turned it down around 5:30, as it was done, and then turned it off after dinner - maybe 7:00. (We were too stuffed for dessert at that point.) We didn't eat it until 8:30 or 9:00 and it was still warm enough to melt the ice cream.

I have to tell you, Annemarie, that French Vanilla ice cream with this is wonderful!!! :D :D :D

My point, MerryPoppins, is that if no one else answers, maybe you could just do it on high as if it was a single recipe, but set it to finish an hour or so before you want it. If it gets done early, just turn it down & if it doesn't, just leave it on high.

Hope someone else knows for sure!

d

Thanks Piratesmate! It'll be soooo nice to have something out of the ordinary this year! :D

Annemarie

After making this @ the office, I have been asked for this recipe from my coworkers. I do have one suggestion if you spray too far up on the sides of the crock pot wipe it off other wise it will burn. I have been asked to make this for our Thanksgiving. Thanks again for th recipe. Missy :)

Making a double batch of Pumpkin Job for my family's Thanksgiving Dinner. I'll let you guys know what they thought about it later.

Thanks a million for the Pumpkin Job recipie! Everyone loved it! The kids got triple servings! I was so glad. :) It made me feel really good to have made something that people raved about.

Haven't felt much like cooking or anything. Ready to go to the hospital and have this baby! So it meant a lot to me!

Annemarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter