Purchased Photography package

PrincessIAM1956

Earning My Ears
We went to DisneyWorld in January - me and hubby, daughter and her family - we were at Magic Kingdom one day and Epcot the next. A couple of weeks ago I purchased the Photography package for the 2 days - was appox $120.00 - very disappointed in the lack of amount of pictures and the Quality is HORRIBLE, I printed about 60 yesterday and they are awful, the pictures I took with my iphone are better quality than the ones i paid a ridiculous amount for. The ones inside with the princess' and my granddaughter are actually better (with some exceptions of the princess and granddaughter blurry and the background in focus (not all though)) The ones outside of the 6 of us are so awful. They were printed as a 4x6 and at a quality photo shop, not WM or CVS. A high quality place.

So so very disappointing - I'd heard people say they ended up with 600 pictures a day throughout the park each day. We ended up with approx 200 pictures total for 2 days. ARGGGGGG such a waste of money

I called yesterday to voice my opinion and the girl says what do you want from us? There's nothing we can do now!!! I agree but at least look at them and maybe find new photographers!

Anyone else experience

We are going to Disney in May and are waiting until the week before to purchase the Memory Maker. Maybe not now after reading this? A friend is a huge Disney fan and she recommended the package so I'm wondering if it's changed since she last went 2 years ago. Her pictures were good quality and she said it was nice to not have to worry about taking her own pictures.

I was very disappointed and heard such great things - with that being said there were some that were pretty good so clearly it was the photographer. Makes me so angry that the family ones that I would have loved to have printed in an 8x10 clearly won't look good as it looks awful in a 4x6. :(.........

Disappointed in the amount of pictures we received and the quality and also very disappointed in the girl I spoke with at Disney that basically said oh well too bad for you

I had the opposite experience. We were there for two full days plus a Christmas party and couldn't be happier with the photo package. We're going for a longer trip next and didn't hesitate to buy Memory Maker again.

As far as the quantity of photos, that's entirely up to how much your family makes use of the photographers.

As for quality, it's one thing to say some were blurry, maybe that's the case. But as far as print quality, ours still looked great printed full page in a photo book. They were several MB each, which is high quality. Perhaps something went wrong when you chose the resolution or something.

And if you recently bought them for a January trip, weren't you able to see them before making your decision?

Last edited:

Im sure that was disappointing. We have the memory maker with our passes and have had good luck with it. I especially liked the Tower of Terror add on and Tink sprinkling dust on our heads. It was a nice touch.

I was thinking about doing this but after reading this am I just better off buying a good camera for myself and letting my grandma take them instead of the actual photographers do them? Plus the price seems awfully expensive especially since I'd be buying it with AUS currency not American $.

Can anyone reccomend me on what to do? What am I better off doing?

I was thinking about doing this but after reading this am I just better off buying a good camera for myself and letting my grandma take them instead of the actual photographers do them? Plus the price seems awfully expensive especially since I'd be buying it with AUS currency not American $.

Can anyone reccomend me on what to do? What am I better off doing?
If you're going for 4+ days, it is well worth it. You'll get all ride photos that are taken, most character meets and there are photographers in most of the popular scenic locations. Just make use of them when you see them.

You'll get better info in this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-about-photopass-and-memory-maker.3566699/

Last edited:

If you're going for 4+ days, it is well worth it. You'll get all ride photos that are taken, most character meets and there are photographers in most of the popular scenic locations. Just make use of them when you see them.

You'll get better info in this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-about-photopass-and-memory-maker.3566699/

Thank you! I'll have a look at the thread and also do more research and see what I can find :) I appreciate the help :3

We have gotten MM many times over the years and have never been disappointed. We have always purchased for a week'so stay. 200 pictures in 2 days seems pretty good to me, if the quality had been good. Sorry you had a bad experience.

I purchased after our first trip when I saw the pictures because they were awesome and we got hundreds in only a week, at that time being only $100, it was worth it to me (I was in photos! I'm never in photos!). Last trip I decided not to go for it and brought my big camera, which the photographers seemed to not know how to use. We had some lame pictures when they used my camera with so many of them being blurry. I never looked at the online ones (this was in 2013). The photographers inside with the princesses and characters seemed to be much better, but outside... not so much. Probably because it was dark. My point and shoot takes better night photos than my big whopper of a camera because I didn't adjust the settings properly and don't find the time to do so. It could be that the settings on the cameras had not been adjusted as they should have, resulting in blurry photos. The lighting changes outside so quickly in winter that I wouldn't doubt that to be the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter