• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchased Premium Pass last year renewal?

disneyfanbcv

Mouseketeer
Hi, I was wondering if there is anything our there this year on the Premium Pass again. Last year they sold them for 399.00. SO of course I upgraded everyone to the pass, now we see they are in the 500's. Can I go back to our Annual pass Renewal price or do we have to start all over again??? Thanks!!

From Post 15G of the Everything About WDW Tickets sticky: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

G. What are the rules for Renewal Annual Passes (and what About Renewal Vouchers)?

To renew any sort of Annual Pass it must be done within 30 days of either side of the expiration date. Note that upgrading or downgrading of any annual product may be done at the special renewal rate.

Normally this is done at any park (including water park or TTC) ticket booth or any Guest Relations Office (including DTD). It cannot be done at a Resort.

If you renew prior to the expiration date, the new pass will not be valid until the expiration date of the old pass. If you renew after the expiration date the effective date will be backdated. If you do an upgrade at renewal time, and the renewal/upgrade is prior to the expiration date of the old Pass, the new Pass will not be effective until the old one expires. In any event, using the renewal rate will have the new pass expire on the same date the next year. (See Post #19 for the expired special 15 month promotion.)

If you have a MYW ticket you may upgrade that ticket to a WSP, SP, AP or PAP at the renewal rate just as any other upgrade as long as you are within the renewal window. The rules for expiration date stay the same as any other renewal.

Note that, by definition, an Renewal of a Pass can only be done at a WDW Ticket Window or Guest Relations Office.

If you are not at WDW you get a voucher at the renewal rate sent to you. However, this can be a multi-edged sword.

If you renew within one year after the expiration date of your current pass it will be just the same as if you renewed at WDW with the expiration date one year from the date of the old pass. If you will be activating the voucher more than a month or two away you might find that it would have been better to pay the full price and have the anniversary date changed.

While a voucher for purchase of an AP is valid forever and may be exchanged without penalty after several years the rules for a renewal are different.

As stated above, with a renewal voucher used within a year from expiration it will not change the expiration date. However, if it is used more than a year from the expiration date the value will only be what you paid for the voucher toward the current gate price of a new AP. so you will have to pay more on redemption.

Wait! A premium pas at WDW is only in the $500s? DLR (for our 2 little parks) is now $669! :-O We are getting reamed! I just upgraded to Premier for our Nov. WDW trip. Thank goodness we did it the day before the price hike!

Wait! A premium pas at WDW is only in the $500s? DLR (for our 2 little parks) is now $669! :-O We are getting reamed! I just upgraded to Premier for our Nov. WDW trip. Thank goodness we did it the day before the price hike!

Since you quoted a non-discounted DL Premium AP rate, a tourist WDW Premium AP is $729 plus 6.5% sales tax.

The DVC Rate for a new WDW PAP is $584 plus 6.5% sales tax. The DVC WDW PAP Renewal rate is $494 plus 6.5% sales tax.

Since you quoted a non-discounted DL Premium AP rate, a tourist WDW Premium AP is $729 plus 6.5% sales tax.

The DVC Rate for a new WDW PAP is $584 plus 6.5% sales tax. The DVC WDW PAP Renewal rate is $494 plus 6.5% sales tax.

Wow!! We do not get those discounts here at all. We get $20 off we renew before our expiration date. So, it's $649. :-/ I guess I should have asked if there was a discount for the Premier upgrade but somehow, I doubt it.

Wow!! We do not get those discounts here at all. We get $20 off we renew before our expiration date. So, it's $649. :-/ I guess I should have asked if there was a discount for the Premier upgrade but somehow, I doubt it.

No discounts on the Premier Passport that's good for both WDW & DL.

The DLR Premium AP Discount for renewing is $20. The DLR Premium AP Discount for DVC members is $20. I was told that one cannot take both back when I renewed several years ago. You also cannot order it on the phone, or through DVC, if you want the DVC discount you have to buy the AP online, then when you get to the park go to the ticket booth and get the discount back in cash or gift card.

And in California most counties have *8+% tax ... Anaheim is a flat 8%.

So our "discounted" rate for renewing OR being a DVC member is now $649 + 8% sales tax.

Yep, we are getting "reamed" out here, by comparison to WDW AP discounts for DVC-ers. :headache: But the value of not having to fly out makes it worth it for most of us West Coasters I'd imagine ... :rolleyes:

Since we only travel 2-3 times per year, if our AP expires close to the end of a trip we do not renew. In prior years we had a DAP that had block out dates so on the next trip we would purchase a park hopper so the block out dates would be covered. Then when we were on a valid day we would upgrade to the DAP as a new pass with the DVC discount. That way we get a later start date to the pass. This doesn't work if your pass expires just before or during a visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter