Purchasing a folding travel scooter

Puget Peach

My name is Puget Peach and I'm a Disneyholic!
I'm ready to purchase an ecv for myself and need some help from Florida residents as to experience with companies. I have three different models of light weight folding scootersI like, but the only company I can find online that carries all three is Top Mobiity and I believe they are out of Lakeland or Tampa? Has anyone done business with this company? I am most concerned with the availability of service in Central Florida after I make the purchase. I'm looking at Tzora (Elite Lite Traveller), The Rascal Autogo, and the Luggie. If you own or have had experience with any of these I sure would appreciate your input. Thank you!!

I can't speak for what company is best around Florida for a scooter.

Considering the kinds of scooters you are looking at I would make a suggestion you look at a Solax Mobie Foldable Scooter. Top Mobility handles this one, too.

It's one piece, folds up, weighs 54 pounds total and it can support weight up to 300 pounds. The speed of the scooter is 3.75 mph. I would like it to be a little faster, but this isn't that bad. The scooter comes with a key for on and off. The scooter can go up to 13 miles with one battery and you can use a second battery on board to double the mileage to up to 26 miles. The second battery would cost extra and would add weight to the scooter. Batteries are not cheap; they are lithium. The battery can be removed to make the scooter lighter; each battery weighs 4 pounds. Your weight will dictate to an extent on how far you go with one battery charge. The heavier you are the less you will get with mileage. This is true of all the scooters. You can pay extra for armrests, if you need them. Some places are offering free armrests right, now and Top Mobility has this deal. When folded you can wheel this scooter around like a piece of luggage. It's so compact which I like.

We've been thinking about a scooter ourselves and I've been leaning towards this one ourselves; so, I thought I would share this info. You can view this scooter on u-tube. There are a few videos that are done well to see how this scooter works. I don't work for this company at all, but I really do like this scooter.

We are holding out a little while longer and we want to stay independent as long as possible, but we are getting close to buying one.

Thank you so much for responding. Your information is very helpful and I have added the Solax to the list. I was able to finally find some reviews of Top Mobility via a Google map search. They have only a 3.5 out of 5 reviewer rating, but the bad reviews may be misunderstandings that were not handled promptly by the company. I was happy to locate Top Mobility in Hudson, FL about 90 minutes from my future location when I relocate to Florida in a couple of years. There are so many rental locations near Disney World I was hoping to find a company to work with closer. I am going to call a few of the higher rated rental companies to see if they can service any of the scooters on my short list. Thanks again for information about the Solax.

I'm ready to purchase an ecv for myself and need some help from Florida residents as to experience with companies. I have three different models of light weight folding scootersI like, but the only company I can find online that carries all three is Top Mobiity and I believe they are out of Lakeland or Tampa? Has anyone done business with this company? I am most concerned with the availability of service in Central Florida after I make the purchase. I'm looking at Tzora (Elite Lite Traveller), The Rascal Autogo, and the Luggie. If you own or have had experience with any of these I sure would appreciate your input. Thank you!!

I have had no experience with the company, but would like to suggest that you purchase online for the best price. I have a Pride Elite Traveler Plus HD. I purchased it online. Pride services it's scooters no matter where you live or where you purchased your scooter. I looked at a lot of scooters and finally decided upon this one. In my opinion, the single most important factor when buying a scooter is the battery. Be sure that any scooter you buy has at LEAST AH18 or AH20 batteries. Sometimes the difference in price is because of the batteries. With the batteries I recommended, you will be able to go all day at WDW without needing to charge. You can almost go two days, but I recommend you charge every night.

I also purchased my scooter from Pride Mobility. It was well worth the money, and hubby can break it down to put in trunk by himself. Just one note: if you are planning on using Disney transportation, they have a space that you have to be able to fit the scooter into. Most times the driver won't help you, and I found that other riders weren't very patient while you were loading. We now rent a car, and it's the best decision we made. :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter