• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing add-on points

loudisneyfan

Mouseketeer
We are DVC owners at OKW and are considering purchasing additional points at PVR.

My question is, when we buy from Disney, do we get the incentives/promotions that new members would get when purchasing DVC at the Poly such as getting last years points too, help with getting a reservation that may be hard to get, etc?

Thanks for any help with this!

There are no incentives for buying Poly at the moment. Ask your guide about other resorts.

You do not get last years points when you buy anything last years points are gone. DVD cannot put last years points back into the system after it is past. You get current UY points with any purchase as that is what you are paying for. Sometimes if you are near the end of your UY when you purchase it means you get two sets of points very close together but these are not last years points and this is not an incentive but what you are paying for.

Doubt you'd get help with a reservation for an add on. Usually a 1 time thing for brand new purchasers.

Last edited:
Now I'm confused. A friend just purchase PVR and got this years points and 'as a bonus' last years points too. (165 this years + 165 points from last year).

We just bought OKW this year in March and we got last years points too. We just had to pay the annual dues on them.

Now I'm confused. A friend just purchase PVR and got this years points and 'as a bonus' last years points too. (165 this years + 165 points from last year).

We just bought OKW this year in March and we got last years points too. We just had to pay the annual dues on them.
What's your use year?

The "bonus" is just a sales tactic. We're currently in the month of June. If you buy any use-year later than June, they those "bonus" last-year points are actually current year points.

The sales people will certainly take advantage of the idea of last years points but that's not how it actually is. For example a December UY is still in their 2014 UY and if you bought a Dec UY you should definitely get 2014 points.....which are current. If they were giving 2013 points to Dec UY's now that would be last years points. But if someone bought a Mar UY for example that is in it's 2015 UY so that should be the first points they get - 2015- which would be current points.

If you're UY is Feb, Mar, Apr or June and you were to buy PVB today you would start with 2015 points. If your UY is Aug, Sept, Oct or Dec then you would get current 2014 points and would be allowed to bank them if you weren't going to use them before the start of your UY even though you might be past the banking deadline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter