Purchasing Resale at Boulder Ridge

slain53

Earning My Ears
We have been renting points for that last 4 trips, but we are now at a place we can or want to buy points. We don't like the restrictions of Rivera at 188/points and we have only rented points at Boardwalk. The last two trips we have resort hopped and we find we like Wilderness Lodge a great deal. We have stayed in their lobby several times for a couple of hours to just get out of the parks and our family is becoming less and less park commandos. The low per point price is also appealing, but we like the longer contracts at the Poly and BLT. This dilemma is holding us up from pullling the trigger, but we know we want at least 175 points. We need advice.

If you really want to stay at BRV during the fall (esp November and December when the decorations are up), you probably need to own there and book early.

If you plan to go other times of year, you might be ok at the 7 month window but things can change over a couple of decades.

Alternatively, you could just buy SSR and try at the 7 month window, but you may be limited to visiting the WL and sitting forlornly in the lobby...

Despite the shorter contracts, many people who buy the 2042 resorts are increasingly doing so in order to stay there. Whether the cost and limited years make it worthwhile to you is an individual question.

20 more years for ~$40/point seems reasonable if you want to own longer...
BUT you have to understand the limitations of Copper Creek:
  1. Studios and 1BRs are hard limit 4 occupants, versus BRV studios and 1BRs, which allow 5.
  2. CCV Studios are an 11-month booking year round and unlikely to get easier over time due to cabin points in the system.
  3. Retrofitted into an older building, with likely accompanying dues increases over time due to building age.
CCV is not a perfect "get instead" for BRV and you have to understand the trade-off for the longer contract.

It’s not a perfect trade off, but they get the longer contract that they are interested in, and the Wilderness lobby. It meets two of the goals mentioned.

Last edited:
We love CCV and BRV but we rarely stay there due to availability issues at CCV and BRV(IMHO) being over priced points wise.

It’s not a perfect trade off, but they get the longer contract that they are interested in, and the Wilderness lobby. It meets two of the goals mentioned. Dues are the same as BRV.

I also do not consider it a perfect trade off. The CCV studios are probably always going to be difficult to book at 11 months. And the pricing of BRV is quite a bit less than CCV so a person is putting up less up front and will have an easier time booking. BRV dues are also a little less than CCV. The points charts are identical but not MF's.

I still believe in buying where you want to stay or at least where it’d be okay that’s all you could book...unless of course, you plan on only booking 7 months or less all the time, then it doesn’t matter other than the cost of MFs.

It is getting harder and harder to easily trade out at 7 months, and I think if BRV is the place you enjoy, I’d buy there. For around $20k, I think buying something that isn’t your first choice could prove disappointing in the long run.

My 2 cents? I own at BRV and BLT. I just bought BRV because I LOVE the place and if you want a studio there, based on what I've seen as well as Pete's charts, you are probably going to need the 7+ month advantage of BRV as your home resort (1 bedroom is seems MUCH easier). So do I regret my resale buy at BRV despite the 2042? NOT AT ALL.

PS. I think BRV is often overlooked because it is not on the monorail, but the reality is that if you ignore the lake, it is VERY close to MK, and a direct ride from MK to BRV (or CR) is actually much shorter than most people think. Also consider that the exit of MK is close to the boat back to WL directly, and if you time it correctly, can be a very short ride back to your resort. In addition the fact that there is a direct boat from BRV either to MK OR CR (and thus the monorail itself) made it extremely attractive to me. I also love the theming, the amazing lobby and the laid back nature of the place.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter