Purchasing Resale at HHI with intentions to use at DW?

I own at AKL as well, you won’t regret it. Congrats!

I am very excited! I feel like we could definitely do some resort only days and have just as much fun there. I also loved the look of Boulder Ridge but the shorter contract was a negative and we can’t afford copper creek resale.

So I couldn’t take the DisneyNewbieSC profile name any longer so I created a new account because I don’t feel like such a Newbie any longer and there is no way to change the profile name. Thank you all for your comments concerning a possible DVC purchase. We are keeping our fingers crossed FROR works in our favor and we will own points at AKV.

Hi all!I have been bitten by the DVC bug and am pouring over as much information as I can as we contemplate buying resale into DVC.

My question being, am I right to assume that I can buy cheaper points at HHI and still use them at DW just being able to book at the 7 month mark? We live in SC so actually would put use with points at HHI but our main use would be for those classic resorts at Disney World. I think we are of the mind set that we don’t mind any particular resort so would be fairly flexible where we end up. Does that help make this an option? We would utilize studios mostly and that is what does concern me a bit with those being booked up at 11 months. Also of course the 2042 lease year but that at least would get my kids through the college age.

Thank you all :-)
I wouldn't buy HHI for WDW but to use for HHI mostly and WDW some is a good choice (same for VB). But I agree studios are tough, you need to plan on a 1 BR just in case. If the only way it makes sense is for a studio, you likely shouldn't buy or should look at a different timeshare option.
As an owner at HHI let me tell you a few things to be concerned about. One thing is that HHI annual dues are high (as is Vero Beach). They went up a big % the past few years, since the hurricane hit and caused some damage. Along those lines, if the resort does get completely/significantly destroyed by a hurricane Disney Vacation Development can opt to NOT rebuild but we'd still be on hook for dues. That's what I have heard anyway...not sure how true it is.
There are risks but not enough to drive a decision. If it's destroyed and not rebuilt you'd lose your investment but might get some back in distribution. But if they had to rebuild you might owe dues and have to use the points elsewhere.

I wouldn't buy HHI for WDW but to use for HHI mostly and WDW some is a good choice (same for VB). But I agree studios are tough, you need to plan on a 1 BR just in case. If the only way it makes sense is for a studio, you likely shouldn't buy or should look at a different timeshare option

We are under contract for 120 AKV points and while still under what a 1 bedroom requires I think it is a safe start for us. Have I already looked at adding on additional contracts for the 1bd safety net, absolutely lol. I think we are fairly flexible with where we stay and are definite planners so I think would be an “on the computer at 11 months 8:00am” to try and secure a 1bd value or standard/savannah studio. I may be eating my words soon but hopefully it is enough to give us a taste. I greatly value the insight you provided for sure!

The 1 bedrooms at Kidani are great, because of the second full bathroom, the savanna view can’t be beat if you love animals.

Oh I imagine they are fantastic. Any idea how the value 1bd is? I think they are likely only at Jambo. I have so much to learn about the resort I am likely buying into lol!

Oh I imagine they are fantastic. Any idea how the value 1bd is? I think they are likely only at Jambo. I have so much to learn about the resort I am likely buying into lol!
They are about three feet shorter in depth than the other rooms. You need to own at AKV and maybe even walk the reservation to book them.

Just be careful with the plan to buy HHI points expecting to use them at WDW. I've met a couple people at HHI who did that, but then found that they loved HHI, so used those points to get the summer there. So they ended up having to buy more points (at WDW) in order to stay there.

They are about three feet shorter in depth than the other rooms. You need to own at AKV and maybe even walk the reservation to book them.

I just read about walking reservations on another forum. Very hot topic for sure. Don’t feel either way about it currently because it hasn’t affected me quite yet.Hopefully us owning there works in our favor. Fortunately we would be doing summers so not as DVC competitive but obviously still difficult. 10 isn’t many at all.

Just be careful with the plan to buy HHI points expecting to use them at WDW. I've met a couple people at HHI who did that, but then found that they loved HHI, so used those points to get the summer there. So they ended up having to buy more points (at WDW) in order to stay there.

Hah, this would likely be me as well. We are in SC so only a few hours away fro HHI. You make a very valid point. We can’t afford two contracts right now lol.

We are under contract for 120 AKV points and while still under what a 1 bedroom requires I think it is a safe start for us. Have I already looked at adding on additional contracts for the 1bd safety net, absolutely lol. I think we are fairly flexible with where we stay and are definite planners so I think would be an “on the computer at 11 months 8:00am” to try and secure a 1bd value or standard/savannah studio. I may be eating my words soon but hopefully it is enough to give us a taste. I greatly value the insight you provided for sure!
My cautions about studio were for HHI not AKV. It should be very workable for AKV if you plan ahead but not HHI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter