Purchasing Tickets at the Gate - Cost Difference Than Online?

Napoleon Dynamite

Mouseketeer
I'm reluctant to purchase our tickets for next week right now. Because god forbid one of us ends up sick and we can't go, snow storm here in NY etc. So I'm waiting until the very last second. Can we purchase tickets at the gate for the same price they are online? Or are they more at the gate? I would like to get them at the gate before our dinner at Goofy's kitchen on our arrival day. Thanks!

If they are more expensive at the ticket booth you can always buy them in the app while standing in line to get into the park IF there are any reservations available for the day/park. I know in December the parks filled their reservations weeks before. Right now it looks like both parks are available for everyday through April, however, as we get closer to Spring Break times this may change.

(That being said I was able to secure tickets in December two days before my reservation-we drove from Seattle-when Disney opened more reservations-but i had to check daily and was able to only get one day-starting in DCA and hoping to DL at 2pm.)

I saw on a YouTube vlog the other day that you can't even purchase tickets at the booth anymore! They just direct you right back to the app. I don't know what they'd do if you didn't have a phone or a credit card? The only real risk in waiting to purchase is reservations possibly being unavailable.

Edited to add: further research on the plandisney website says you can purchase at the booth, but still have to reserve in the app. They suggest advance purchase for weekends and holidays.

Last edited:
We are going on a weekday so I'm not concerned with there being no reservations. I just didnt know if there is an advance purchase discount online and higher prices at the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter