Purse...fanny pack...? I need your ideas!

LeggoMyMeggo87

Earning My Ears
My first cruise is coming up and for the evenings and days At Sea, how do you ladies (or gents) carry your things? I have a backpack for when we exit the ship but I definitely don't want to carry that around. Just something big (but small) enough for phone, KTTW card, lip balm, lotion, etc. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
When we just wanted our phone and KTTW card, we used lanyard phone holders that were clear and waterproof so you could take pictures through them.
If you want to add a few other small things, I would look for either a fanny pack or a small cross body cell phone purse. I found my daughter a really simple one at Target to take to school dances, so it would also work for the evening.

My first cruise is coming up and for the evenings and days At Sea, how do you ladies (or gents) carry your things? I have a backpack for when we exit the ship but I definitely don't want to carry that around. Just something big (but small) enough for phone phone, KTTW card, lip balm, lotion, etc. Thanks. :)
I just wear a small shoulder bag :)

I had 3 bags I carried around on the ship depending on what I was up to - one just held my phone and the kttw card. Two, I carried a slightly bigger shoulder bag that I bought on a trip to Hawaii a few years ago - it holds the phone, cards and a few other odds and ends (chapstick, mints, tissues). Finally, when we went to the pool, I had a tote bag that held my crocheting, water bottles, and a small safe that I locked my phone/cards to the chair where I was sitting,in case I got in the pool/went on the AquaDuck/grabbed snacks.

My first cruise is coming up and for the evenings and days At Sea, how do you ladies (or gents) carry your things? I have a backpack for when we exit the ship but I definitely don't want to carry that around. Just something big (but small) enough for phone phone, KTTW card, lip balm, lotion, etc. Thanks. :)

I used a wristlet. It's the perfect size and very convenient to carry around.

When I want to be hands-free (which is most of the time) I have a cell phone case I bought on Amazon that has a crossbody strap and a tiny zip pocket on the back to hold my KTTW card. (I hate wearing lanyards so that’s not an option.)

Now that I sometimes need reading glasses (sigh) and like to carry hand sanitizer I bought a small crossbody purse that holds the essentials.

I also always bring a small lightweight tote that works for beach excursions or going to the pool.

I bought a small shoulder/cross body pouch/purse with a cat on it. Seems they are out of the specific one that I bought, since I bought it a few years ago. Here's the company. They may have something similar. It holds my phone, room card/key, chapstick, and kleenex. I can also attach hand sanitizer to the shoulder strap. Being vinyl allows it to be cleaned easier and not totally ruined by rain/some water.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Sleep...D5C6-3E96-4154-8240-C3B20D5E0032?ref_=ast_bln

I bought a small cross body back pack, like loungefly. I am bringing binoculars to hopefully see some wildlife from the ship. Without the binos I would just use a phone string bag. I want to have alcohol wipes, phone, KTTW card maybe a packable lightweight jacket in case it gets cool.

https://www.hottopic.com/product/lo...id=accessories-bags-totes-disney-bags#start=4
I have 2 of these loungefly bags from Hot Topic. I'm bring both on my next cruise so I can switch out. But they are small. Will hold your phone, chapstick, card. And I clip on my little hand sanitizer.

There are SO many adorable ones.

https://www.hottopic.com/search?q=Crossbody+Bag+disney
Makes me wanna buy more lol
Those are cute. I didn't know that Loungefly was making that size now.

My first cruise is coming up and for the evenings and days At Sea, how do you ladies (or gents) carry your things? I have a backpack for when we exit the ship but I definitely don't want to carry that around. Just something big (but small) enough for phone, KTTW card, lip balm, lotion, etc. Thanks. :)

I brought my park bag that I use for WDW. It's a medium shoulder bag that I've jazzed up with iron on patches and pins.
(it also has expandable pockets on both ends for water bottles) It was plenty big enough for the cruise. I could even put some small purchases from the shops in there, so I didn't have to go directly back to the room to drop them off. Plus it was compact enough to fit into my luggage!

During the day we are mostly at the pool so I bring a mesh pool/beach bag for sunscreen, bottled water, etc... and in it I usually have an old fanny pack where I put smaller stuff...phone, lip balm, etc... If we leave for lunch at Cabanas I leave the bag but take the fanny pack. When we go out for the night to dinner and the bars, I bring a small pocket book.

Honestly, not having to carry a purse is something I really enjoy when cruising. When I vacation on land, I always have to tote around a giant bag full of everything we might possibly need for the day--water thermos, bandaids, wipes, sanitizer, sunglasses, ponchos/umbrella, change of clothes for kids in case they spill something, etc. It's such a change of pace on the cruise knowing I can just swing by the room and instantly access anything we need. For that reason I always book a room close to the elevator banks on a middle level so I am never more than a couple of flights of stairs away from my room. I either wear a dress/skirt that has big pockets for my phone and KTTW, or wear them in a lanyard phone/card sleeve if I don't have pockets, or waterproof phone case if I am in my swimsuit.

I used to just put my card in a lanyard and have my husband carry anything else. However, I just cruised with a friend and found I missed having a husband's pockets to hold my things! So I ordered a Disney-print small bag from Petunia Pickle Bottom that can convert between a hip bag, shoulder purse, and wristlet. My friend had the same bag on our last cruise and I thought it seemed very practical for evenings when you just want to carry a few things. It seems like it will easily fit my KTTW card, phone, sunglasses, and Chapstick.

If we're going to the pool or out to Castaway Cay, I carry a backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter