Purse Wallet Stolen at Epcot

There is no reason to attack me for stating my opinion. I have freedom of speech. I have been stolen from before as well. Right in front of my house while I slept. I live near an area of foreigners and alot of them are illegals. And my father was robbed with a gun put to his head and stomach and it wasn't by a white American! Nope it was by foreigners.

Sure you have freedom of speech. But if you post something for all to see, you should be aware people will comment on it. If you can't handle being criticized about something, don't post it! Simple.

Btw, as this country as we know it has only been around a couple hundred years, one could easily say the majority of us are foreigners. Anglos have not been on this continent for long, in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry to hear about your purse. Been going to Disney for many years and never felt like theft was a problem. We have let strollers stuffed with bags from purchases and all kinds of stuff - never a problem. Even by the pool areas - things left for hours. I hope that we just haven't been lucky all this years and Disney is still a fairly safe place. Lost items have been returned - even a camcorder! Items left in the room have been mailed to us at Disney's exspense after we home, even things that would not have been esstiental, like a flat iron and a blanket. Niece left a wallet & phone near pool area the day we where leaving and it was shipped the next day. Hopefully you will get a call that it was found!

Sorry to hear about your purse. Been going to Disney for many years and never felt like theft was a problem. We have let strollers stuffed with bags from purchases and all kinds of stuff - never a problem. Even by the pool areas - things left for hours. I hope that we just haven't been lucky all this years and Disney is still a fairly safe place. Lost items have been returned - even a camcorder! Items left in the room have been mailed to us at Disney's exspense after we home, even things that would not have been esstiental, like a flat iron and a blanket. Niece left a wallet & phone near pool area the day we where leaving and it was shipped the next day. Hopefully you will get a call that it was found!
You have been fortunate. Leaving valuables unattended is an invitation to theft in resort communities. There is no protective ring of pixie dust around Disney. Low-lifes exist everywhere and people who are on vacation are considered to be easy prey.

You have indeed been very lucky. Theft goes on everyday at Disney and around the pool is one of the biggest places for theft. I have seen lines at the water parks an hour after opening more than once with people waiting to report what got stollen from them. I have had theft right out of our room at Pop Century. Disney is not a bubble of protection where everyone is honest and polite. I hope your luck doesn't run out someday.

That is completely disgusting that someone at Disney would steal your purse! We all pay a lot of money to go there and you would think that other travelers would be more respectful of one another's property! I really do not want to get flamed for this but just cannot help but speak my mind. The fact that they called Haiti leads you to believe they are foreigners. And usually at this time of year, there are so many foreign tour groups. They have no respect for anyone. I am not saying that Disney shouldn't allow them in the parks. But I am saying is that Disney should monitor their behavior better for reasons likes this. They just see a handbag and take it like they have a right to it. And that is how they behave throughout the entire park. My favorite is when they cut you on line and pretend not to understand English. If they are responsible for taking this woman's purse and they get caught, I am sure they would pretend not to know that is stealing.
It really stinks that the OP lost her purse, but technically that's what happened. The person who found it took advantage of the situation by not (so far) returning it or any contents to lost & found - but technically it wasn't stolen as it appeared abandoned (yes, an extremely weak argument that wouldn't hold up in court).

Paying "a lot" to get into a theme park (or anywhere) isn't indicative of one's ethics. But I agree with deegack. Blaming entire nationalities? Really? The majority of WDW guests are Caucasian US citizens, therefore the likely person who found and didn't return the purse is a Caucasian female born in the United States.

The tour groups you so readily criticize are generally from Brazil. The participants are white. We're closer to Haiti than Brazil is.

:eek:

I hope you realize how incredibly lucky you have been. Think about it--how easy it is to take something from by the pool. Most people don't know that that camera left on the chair belongs to the lady in the purple swimsuit, not the guy in the black tee shirt. Easy pickings!

Disney is still fairly safe, but it is still smart to not leave valuables out where someone else can easily get to them.

I can't believe this thread is still going.....:upsidedow I mean,it happens all the time.... anyone who leaves valuable stuff at any public place is just asking for trouble....people steal stuff,it's a fact of life. Not even a super big deal.....
and here I am ,posting,and keeping it going....LOL I need to find something else to do!:rotfl2:
here's a public service announcement for ya'll out there who leave stuff around....DON'T!:thumbsup2

This thread is about a woman who just had her purse stolen an her trip ruined. Let's not forget that. I hope you find it and you and your family are in my prayers.

No, this thread is about a woman that lost her purse in Epcot.

Since the majority of WDW visitors are white, the logical conclusion would be a white American found her purse.

It really stinks that the OP lost her purse, but technically that's what happened. The person who found it took advantage of the situation by not (so far) returning it or any contents to lost & found - but technically it wasn't stolen as it appeared abandoned (yes, an extremely weak argument that wouldn't hold up in court).

This has been the common theme I have noticed throughout this thread. Not that people were robbed or mugged at Disney, but rather the vast majority of stories are about people leaving or forgetting their valuables in public places.

I am very sorry that the OP lost her purse (and more so that the person who found it did not do the right thing by returning it) and I do sincerely hope it is returned to her.

Hopefully this thread will be a lesson to others to be very cautious on what you bring in the parks and even more careful about keeping it on you at all times. Not all people are honest and do the right thing, unfortunately.

That is completely disgusting that someone at Disney would steal your purse! We all pay a lot of money to go there and you would think that other travelers would be more respectful of one another's property! I really do not want to get flamed for this but just cannot help but speak my mind. The fact that they called Haiti leads you to believe they are foreigners. And usually at this time of year, there are so many foreign tour groups. They have no respect for anyone. I am not saying that Disney shouldn't allow them in the parks. But I am saying is that Disney should monitor their behavior better for reasons likes this. They just see a handbag and take it like they have a right to it. And that is how they behave throughout the entire park. My favorite is when they cut you on line and pretend not to understand English. If they are responsible for taking this woman's purse and they get caught, I am sure they would pretend not to know that is stealing.

All I can say is you might consider how your attitude effects your outlook.

But it's time for this thread to close. When you get to racial bashing, which is what this is, it's really not effective.

I am totally surprised about the amount of theft goes on in WDW. I reaaly have been lucky - hope I didnt jinx my trip next month. I will be more diligent! Thanks for opening my eyes.

OP I am sorry about the purse! It was actually left behind and lost, not stolen like a purse snatching. It was an accident, you left it behind we have all done that before! I have to say, when I worked at Disney a lot of guests would turn in things that got left behind every single day! There are a lot of good people in the world, but there are also some bad ones, too! Sorry for the run of bad luck, you are due for some good luck!

I also wanted to mention, that a lot of cameras and video recorders would get turned in, but there was no name or anything on them. Put an address label or phone number on them so we can get it back to you before you leaver FL!

I am so sorry to read about this and sad that nothing was turned back in. :hug: I have found 4 wallets, phones, toys in WDW and always turned them in instantly.

Last year, while at the Studios, I was at Starring Rolls. I put my camera down to pay for my food to go. I walked out and not 2 minutes later went to snap a picture and realized I didn't have the camera. I rushed back in there and the employees didn't see it. Nobody around saw it. I KNOW it was left there. I was crying and shaking. I had been there for 6 days and was stupid and didn't switch out memory cards daily like I should have. We lost all the pictures (this still gets me upset, even a year later of all the lost photos and memories they hold) and my brand-new camera (had just gotten it for Mother's Day and trip was in June).

Long story short, my camera was never turned in. It really jaded me since I did have a false sense of security while at Disney. Everyone at Guest Relations and Lost & Found told me how it will be turned in, "don't worry". Yup, nobody turned mine in. How someone can just walk off with someone else's property just blows my mind.

I hate to sound calloused, but after reading some of these posts, I don't understand why anyone thinks that they'd be removed from theft, while at Disney? I don't get it.

If you wouldn't leave your belongings in a stroller outside the doors of a store, at a mall, why would you do it at Disney World? :confused:

I've said it a million times, when I'm there - "If I was a thief, this is where I'd come...." as I walk past strollers lined with bags, purses, totes, purchases.... It's crazy to me.

I hate to sound calloused, but after reading some of these posts, I don't understand why anyone thinks that they'd be removed from theft, while at Disney? I don't get it.

If you wouldn't leave your belongings in a stroller outside the doors of a store, at a mall, why would you do it at Disney World? :confused:

Excellent point!! I never leave anything unattended. Whether at Disney or at home. It's just a lot of common sense and it doesn't seem to be very common sometimes......

We always talk about the stuff people leave in strollers. Sovies that were just bought in a bag, cameras, camcorders, purses....the list goes on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter