Pushy family?

I had no problem with what the other poster said. It pretty much is what is happening here. There is envy and a sense of entitlement going on within the family. DH's family to be more specific. They cannot afford what we can so they think we need to even things out by sacrificing a few things on our end to make sure we can take care of them whenever they want.

Now since they are 1 income families and we are a 2 income family my personal thought is that perhaps the women should a get some jobs and then they too can have the things we have. Not something they are willing to do though.

DH and I discussed it at length this weekend again. We are not budging no matter what. Even if the waitlist does not come through we will let the points go to waste before we gift them to any of them.

Please direct them to disneyvacationclub.com where they can learn everything they need to know about getting points for their vacation.

Welcome to life in the United States in 2011.

Today's society if full of envy. You obviously didn't work hard to earn the money for the points so you should share equally with people who failed to work hard and earn the money to purchase DVC.

Just wait, soon the government will figure out a way to tax DVC members so their points can be used to pay for deserving people on government assistance because they really need a vacation.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner, folks!

So far, I have taken my husband's siblings for Christmas and my sister for MNSSHP. Next up is a short trip with DH's family, including his parents. (His dad just retired.) Next is SWW for us. Then if my my mom's husband is ready to retire, we'll take them.

Right now, I enjoy sharing. At some point in the future, I may be more selfish.

Are you serious? You really don't see how the post you quoted is apropos of the topic at hand?

I see a post complaining about a mooching family. No reason to throw out some t-bag political garbage. There is a huge difference complaining about someone wanting to ride your vacation coat tails and your personal political thoughts. I realize we don't all share the same views, but we should keep politics out of the conversation.

I see a post complaining about a mooching family. No reason to throw out some t-bag political garbage. There is a huge difference complaining about someone wanting to ride your vacation coat tails and your personal political thoughts. I realize we don't all share the same views, but we should keep politics out of the conversation.

So you disagree with the diagnosis of envy, right? Or are you complaining about the hyperbole in the second paragraph?

Wow, quite the response that has nothing to do with this post! Instead of you staying DVC I hear Rick Perry has a ranch in Texas you might feel more comfortable staying at. Appears you have the same speech coach.

Boardwalkin - nice personal attack. I guess it is easy to see which side of the political spectrum you lean towards.

My comment had nothing to do with politics but reflected the "entitlement" society that has developed within families and society as a whole.

Appears you have the same speech coach????? huh? you don't like people from Texas?

My comment was more relevant than your personal attack.:banana:

So far, I have taken my husband's siblings for Christmas and my sister for MNSSHP. Next up is a short trip with DH's family, including his parents. (His dad just retired.) Next is SWW for us. Then if my my mom's husband is ready to retire, we'll take them.

Right now, I enjoy sharing. At some point in the future, I may be more selfish.

I would not considering it being selfish when you are using your own points for your own vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter