QS mobile ordering experience

If you're talking about pre-ordering at BOG, then no...one order only per reservation and only one payment method for pre-orders.

Using mobile ordering at any other restaurant that accepts it...sure, no problem.
What if you need to use more than one separate group of dining credits. For instance, I made reservations for my family, my mom and dad, and my sister and her kid. Three different accounts of credits. Can we not preorder?

What if you need to use more than one separate group of dining credits. For instance, I made reservations for my family, my mom and dad, and my sister and her kid. Three different accounts of credits. Can we not preorder?

You can pre-order, but you'll have to pay using ONE room's dining credits.

You can always "pay them back" at a meal later on.

Don't pre-order if that's not acceptable.

Yeah I was talking about mobile ordering not BOG. So are you saying you can place two separate orders with one MDE acct or that you could just place one order and pay for some with DDP and some with credit card?

I'm saying neither of those things.

At BoG you can place ONLY ONE PRE-ORDER per reservation, and you have to pay using ONLY ONE METHOD. No splitting checks there when pre-ordering.

BoG is "pre-ordering", and it is relevant only to BoG. "Mobile ordering" is a totally separate system for many other QS restaurants at WDW. Again, two totally different systems.

Anywhere OTHER than BoG, you can do what you want to do through mobile ordering. Not at BoG, though.

You can pre-order, but you'll have to pay using ONE room's dining credits.

You can always "pay them back" at a meal later on.

Don't pre-order if that's not acceptable.
Thank you! I would have never known this! How much time will not having preordered add to our time if our reservation is at 8:00? It would just be easier to not preorder and everyone place their own. But if its adding significant time then I'll come up with another plan

Thank you! I would have never known this! How much time will not having preordered add to our time if our reservation is at 8:00? It would just be easier to not preorder and everyone place their own. But if its adding significant time then I'll come up with another plan

Not a lot, since you'll be one of the first ones of the day. The later in the day it gets, the worse the line to order gets. I would try to be there early so you won't get stuck behind others, though.

I'm saying neither of those things.

At BoG you can place ONLY ONE PRE-ORDER per reservation, and you have to pay using ONLY ONE METHOD. No splitting checks there when pre-ordering.

BoG is "pre-ordering", and it is relevant only to BoG. "Mobile ordering" is a totally separate system for many other QS restaurants at WDW. Again, two totally different systems.

Anywhere OTHER than BoG, you can do what you want to do through mobile ordering. Not at BoG, though.

Right I'm not talking at all about BOG. I was asking the question about Mobile ordering and the ability to either split payment between DDP/CC or to place two separate orders.

Right I'm not talking at all about BOG. I was asking the question about Mobile ordering and the ability to either split payment between DDP/CC or to place two separate orders.

Ok...sorry for the confusion.

Outside of BoG, you *can* do what you're wanting to do. It will just require two separate orders.

We tried using mobile ordering at Pecos Bill last week. Unfortunately, since one person in our party wanted to substitute chicken for beef in the nachos (offered on the menu) we were unable to place the order using the app. Once we went through the line and complained about it, they told us in the future to just put the order in and they will switch it out for the correct item at the counter. The lines there were unreal, I wish we could have used it there.

We tried using mobile ordering at Pecos Bill last week. Unfortunately, since one person in our party wanted to substitute chicken for beef in the nachos (offered on the menu) we were unable to place the order using the app. Once we went through the line and complained about it, they told us in the future to just put the order in and they will switch it out for the correct item at the counter. The lines there were unreal, I wish we could have used it there.

Not sure how that's accomplished, since the first time you come in contact with anyone when mobile ordering is when picking up your order...which would already be prepared. There's never been any "line" we had to go through.

Not sure how that's accomplished, since the first time you come in contact with anyone when mobile ordering is when picking up your order...which would already be prepared. There's never been any "line" we had to go through.
I was "in line" because we had to do it the normal way. They said next time, to place the order on the app, and then when you pick it up, tell them that the one item would have to be exchanged. A manager told me this so I am guessing it is accurate.

I was "in line" because we had to do it the normal way. They said next time, to place the order on the app, and then when you pick it up, tell them that the one item would have to be exchanged. A manager told me this so I am guessing it is accurate.

Still doesn't make a lot of sense. What do you do, give the tray of prepared food to the rest of your family for them to go eat, while you stand there and wait for them to fix another one? Or, do you just wait there and let everyone else's food get cold while you wait?

Again, whoever it was that told you that clearly didn't think it through. For him/her to suggest this could "break" the entire mobile ordering system with folks attempting to customize orders after the fact. There are posts here what seems like daily asking if you can "customize" mobile orders. If it were allowed through the ordering system...fine. But after the fact? Goodbye efficiency.

Still doesn't make a lot of sense. What do you do, give the tray of prepared food to the rest of your family for them to go eat, while you stand there and wait for them to fix another one? Or, do you just wait there and let everyone else's food get cold while you wait?

Again, whoever it was that told you that clearly didn't think it through. For him/her to suggest this could "break" the entire mobile ordering system with folks attempting to customize orders after the fact. There are posts here what seems like daily asking if you can "customize" mobile orders. If it were allowed through the ordering system...fine. But after the fact? Goodbye efficiency.
I don't think they are expecting it to be an everyday problem. They said that customizing 'should work', but they had been having some problems.

We haven't been to the parks since they introduced mobile ordering at many QS places. I know it varies day to day and also based on the time you go but how long, on average, have you waited for your food once you've hit the "I'm here, prepare my order" button? Thanks!

Generally 5 minutes or less.

I use the last time I did mobile ordering at Columbia Harbor as an example. I stood outside the restaurant and placed my order, and hit "I'm here" as I walked in the door. I held the door open for a lady who was entering at the same time I did, and I watched where she was in line because I wanted to compare the times. I had my food tray in my hand and was heading upstairs, and the lady who walked in at the same time as me was just getting to the cast member to place her order. After that, I decided to always use mobile order.

The only place where mobile ordering seemed to take a long time was at Aloha Aisle. I probably waited 10 minutes from the "Place my order" but there were a lot of people in front of me at the time. I'm still sure that it was a lot faster than if I had just waited in line to get my Dole Whip.

Your credit card is charged immediately.
Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but the credit card charged is the one you have linked to your account on MDE, yes?

Like PPs, I think it would be more useful to me if it were linked to my room charges, but I might try it this trip anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter