Quality Inn and Suites on Manchester?

CrazyDuck

DIS Veteran
We have to stay at the Quality Inn and Suites on Manchester Ave. in June. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences/advice they can share about this hotel(motel). Is it as bad as it looks on their website? Is there any shortcuts we can take to make walking to the parks faster/shorter (maybe cut through Fairfield Inn parking lot?) Thanks for any advice!

We stayed at this hotel several years ago. At that time the rooms had been recently refurbished and were nice, though our room was a single queen and it was very, very cramped. This Quality Inn is in much better shape than the one on Katella near Disney Way. We've stayed at both.

I believe this is one of those hotels where the pool is in the parking lot area, though I'm not 100% sure as we didn't use the pool. Breakfast at Quality Inns is decent. They have the normal pastries, yogurt, fruit but also have make your own waffles as well as sausage and egg patties. We did walk to the parks, and if you're willing to walk from HOJO then you'll be okay walking from this Quality Inn. At the time we did cut through some parking lots (near Mimis I believe), but it's been 5-6 years so things could have changed as far as fencing, etc.

I have stayed there 3 times, most recently last September. While it is no-frills, it was clean and I always felt safe and comfortable there. I did not find walking short cuts to the park. Quality Inn is now always my fall-back, if I cannot find a good deal on Harbor.

as far as I know there isn't access to the Fairfield Inn parking lot from the Quality Inn. when I stayed there I walked around Manchester to Harbor. I stayed there a couple of times. it is a budget hotel. I understand they had some problems when a portion was torn down to build the hotel next door, but I didn't have any complaints during my visits.

I always thought that Fairfield should have bought that property and added a tower wing to the east.

Last edited:

The one on South Manchester ? I have stayed there many times. The pool is near the check in office near the front .I ask for one away from the pool so I don`t hear the kids playing .I always ask for an upstairs room so I don`t hear people walking on my ceiling. It is clean and the staff is very nice. One time I was given a room closest to the freeway. I told the front desk it was too noisy and they moved me to a quiet interior location. It is about a 10 minute walk, not bad.

Thanks! Anyone know when the new transportation center and the new bridge going over Harbor is expected to open?

Thanks! Anyone know when the new transportation center and the new bridge going over Harbor is expected to open?

After they build it. :rotfl2:

Not the answer you're looking for, but they haven't even started construction. In fact they don't have approval from the city council yet. So it is a ways off.

We are staying at that Quality Inn in June also. I got us a family suite with a queen bed, bunkbeds, fold out sofa and it has 2 bathrooms. I get discounts at choice hotels so it was much cheaper for us to stay there.

We stayed there in June of last year and will be staying there in May. I can always get a room for $100 or less a night. I feel it is a great deal for the proximity. Yes the rooms could be updates but they are not horrible at all. Bfast is average not bad but we normally don't eat bfast at the hotel anyways. They put up fences so you can't really take a shortcut until you get to the parking lot of the Hyatt. But the walk is really not bad and you don't really notice it.

We stayed there 8 different trips in one year. Gotta love the Choice Privledges program!

There is no shortcut through the parking garages but we do cut accross the parking lot right at Mimi's. Honestly it's just a few steps away from the HOJO. I just checked my milage tracking app and it's .6 miles from the QI to the front gate of Disneyland.

You do have to pay for parking but I find the breakfast better than most. They do have 2 waffle makers and biscuits & gravy. Sometimes I use ziplocs and make breakfast sandwiches to go with the egg patties and either english muffins or waffles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter